• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nosferato

Oct 25, 2017
I thought about this zen he has harmony & discord orbs, why doesn't he have an ult related to his discord orb?Can you imagine what it would be like. For me I think either you discord orb everyone that you see so it will give your team an advantage to do more damage.

Describe your version of the ult.

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds kind of cool but I feel like overwatch has become victim to gratuitous balance changes already, even if most are usually good.

Chamomile

Oct 25, 2017
The other supports need to be buffed wholesale so they're all viable to some extent.

Mercy domination and past Lucio domination is garbage balancing. Having "required" heroes is something that Overwatch should not be promoting, considering that the game encourages you to switch and use other characters.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Zenyatta has been in a good place for a while, he doesn't really need any balance adjustments. Your vision makes sense thematically but would be really broken in practice.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be down for this. Without overthinking it, Zenyatta's current Ultimate is probably the most "boring" one in the game at the moment.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
The other supports need to be buffed wholesale so they're all viable to some extent.

Mercy domination and past Lucio domination is garbage balancing. Having "required" heroes is something that Overwatch should not be promoting, considering that the game encourages you to switch and use other characters.
Mercy was just nerfed and Ana was just buffed. It's on PTR now and should be going live soon.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Zen is fine as is. I'd be down with damage he does to discorded enemies increasing his healing orbs output, however.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like his ult better if it weren't based on proximity and was more of a line of sight type thing + close proximity. Maybe if you're further away you get reduced healing or something.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol...

I am laughing at the idea of an anti-transcendence, where it works the same way as transcendence allowing Zen to move and making him unkillable through normal fire/abilities

But instead of healing team mates it debuffs enemies.

Just picture a Zen chasing after an enemy team with his transcendence speed as the player yells "SHOOT THEM" over comms.

It's a hilarious idea.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So instead of transcendence it's discordance, instead yellow healing light it's purple death light, same radius as trans, and all enemies inside it take 50% or so more damage for the duration?

I like it, works as a attacking ult, whereas now trans is mainly for defending against a ton of ults.

The Bad Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Zenyatta has been in a good place for a while, he doesn't really need any balance adjustments. Your vision makes sense thematically but would be really broken in practice.

Would it really be broken though. It would be like Orisa ultimate, but instead of damage boost, it would boost the damage a enemy receives, Which is basically the same thing sounds like.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Would it really be broken though. It would be like Orisa ultimate, but instead of damage boost, it would boost the damage a enemy receives, Which is basically the same thing sounds like.
It would give you less of a reason to play another support like Ana, who does the same thing but to one target. And why would you play Orisa either?

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Zen is fine as is. I'd be down with damage he does to discorded enemies increasing his healing orbs output, however.

Or having both orbs out gives a slight boost to the strength of both, which puts Zen in the position to want to keep line of sight to both the discorded and harmonied targets. It's a good risk/reward dichotomy that encourages off-support/dps hybrid-style play.

His ult is definitely fine as-is, however. It shuts down coordinated ults in team fights and only has two hard counters, which is fantastic for a support.

Oct 28, 2017
I'd prefer it if Zens ult automatically put discord on enemies and harmony on team all within proximity for the duration of ult. Like 6 seconds.

OP
OP
nosferato

nosferato

Oct 25, 2017
Lol...

I am laughing at the idea of an anti-transcendence, where it works the same way as transcendence allowing Zen to move and making him unkillable through normal fire/abilities

Just picture a Zen chasing after an enemy team with his transcendence speed as the player yells "SHOOT THEM" over comms.

It's a hilarious idea.
hahaha what an idea that would be hilarious to watch.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Lol...

It's a hilarious idea.

Funny, sure, but functionally not much different (and maybe a bit weaker in practice) than Transcendence. Both facilitate your team deathballing into the enemy team, but one offers near invincibility and the other offers a greater chance to kill that a less competent team might not be able to capitalize on to the same xtent that they could benefit from a field of mega heals.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Overwatch hasn't encouraged character switching since they patched out stacking. The game is balanced around having very specific team comps now.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds cool, but busted as shit when paired with other ults.

Kind like pre-nerf Ana ult with Reaper ult.

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
Zen shouldn't have another ult imo. Zen is good as-is.

On the topic of Mercy, I feel like they should consider some testing on removing rez altogether. I don't see it ever being a fun mechanic to play against, it's simply too powerful to be able to rez back your tank, even if it's nerfed. Give her something else. She'd still be great at being the main healer, and would be the go-to for people who aren't as good playing with Ana. The game needs another healer though

smuguire

Oct 27, 2017
What if he could absorb way more damage than normal (lets say up to 500 or whatever) and if he survives the entire duration of his ult without going over that number of damage received, the enemies within his sphere of influence take that amount of damage spread evenly or whatever. It would make him run right into the middle of the enemies, kind of the opposite of his current ult. Not that you generally want your healer charging into enemies but it could be a neat risk/reward, especially if paired with a Mercy or whatever.

I'd prefer it if Zens ult automatically put discord on enemies and harmony on team all within proximity for the duration of ult. Like 6 seconds.

I actually like this too.

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Lol...

It's a hilarious idea.

I would love to see this.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Keep transcendence while anyone who is in the vicinity is automatically discorded. Would be awesome.

RY2D

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The discorded ultimate should work the exact opposite as tranquility. Instead of healing all nearby teammates, it would give all enemies within range the same effect as orb of discord.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Zen shouldn't have another ult imo. Zen is good as-is.

On the topic of Mercy, I feel like they should consider some testing on removing rez altogether. I don't see it ever being a fun mechanic to play against, it's simply too powerful to be able to rez back your tank, even if it's nerfed. Give her something else. She'd still be great at being the main healer, and would be the go-to for people who aren't as good playing with Ana. The game needs another healer though
We do need another healer for sure. I'm not sure what they could give Mercy if they removed the rez. That is like one of her main things as a healer. No one really gives good ideas about what they could replace it with either. Much strong chain heals?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
zen orbs become hitscan, 100% faster shoot speed and no reload

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Team combos would be absolutely broken.

It would be as simple as making Zenyatta ult and having Winston jump into the enemy team.

Dirtbag

Oct 27, 2017
Zen needs a movement buff of some sort. All other healers have unique ways of moving or escaping an ambush.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Kind of related: when you use the Zen "Cultist" skin his voice line is "Experience Oblivion" when you use your ult.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Lol...

It's a hilarious idea.
I want this just for the mental image