What is a POSITIVE controversial game opinion you hold?

Hobbes

Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
United States
My own: Splinter Cell Conviction's change in gameplay to be more upfront assault rather than tactical stealth was perfect because the gameplay changed with the tone of the narrative. Easily my second favorite Splinter Cel.

Dec 21, 2017
Shadow the a Hedgehog's multitude of pathways and endings were a fun deviation from the typical 3d Sonic game. The music was pretty solid and the gameplay wasn't as bad as people say it was.

Also, Metroid Other M had really awesome gameplay and I loved the dynamic of swapping between holding the wiimote on its side and quickly pointing it at the screen to go first person.

Dec 28, 2017
Bethesda Game Studios Maryland are one of the best developers out there and push the industry forward with every new release.
VR is worth the investment.
GTA IV's driving model is a lot more engaging and generally way more fun to control than any other GTA game.
Fallout 4 is good, better than 3 easily which some posters on this forum seem to hold to an extremely high regard.
DmC is the best western action game ever made and I'm not surprised Itsuno has cited it as an inspiration behind DMC5.
I don't mind Ubisoft-style open-world design.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
My own: Splinter Cell Conviction's change in gameplay to be more upfront assault rather than tactical stealth was perfect because the gameplay changed with the tone of the narrative. Easily my second favorite Splinter Cel.
I clicked this thread hoping someone would post something I could agree with. I'm happy with the OP. I should play the games that came after.

Raging Spaniard

Artist at EA Star Wars
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls 2 is -really- good
Square Enix has finally figured out their production pipeline nightmare and the next ten years are going to be good
MGS1 has the best OST in the franchise
Japanese games never needed to catch up to American games, they were always delivering better gameplay throughout

Dec 28, 2017
Final Fantasy 13's story was one of my favorites in the series, and I felt the dynamic between the party members was the best out of all the FFs I've played.

And I actually kind of like Snow!

Oct 27, 2017
I really like Kingdom Hearts's story and Sora is one of my favorite protagonists ever.

Also I liked the sailing in Wind Waker.

Oct 31, 2017
I love Chrono Cross
I love Drakengard 3
I love Final Fantasy XIII
I love Grandia III
I like Infinite Undiscovery
I still love the original Kingdom Hearts
I love Onimusha 4
I love Tales of the Abyss
I LOVE Xenosaga Episode II

Jan 2, 2018
The music in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is sublime.
And the weapon degradation system is an essential part of the experience of this game.

Oct 26, 2017
Controversial on ResetEra...
1. FF XV is a great game.
2. DmC is also a good game. But people on here won't give it a chance because of a different Dante lol
3. SoV is also good lol. Yes, I even liked the gameplay aspect more. No Ninja spam + No pair up. And warp/rescue sheningans are fun
4. Luke from Tales of Abyss is one of the best Jrpg protag. Dude gets hate for not being a generic boring protag.
5. RE6 is the best RE game

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom has returned this gen. They seem to get it now.
Gaming is at a great spot right now.
VR is gonna be great in time.
FFXV was good and very memorable.

The Letter C

Alt account
Aug 1, 2018
All 3 of the main Fable games are some of the best RPGs of their generations. The games play great, interesting world and good sense of humor. Really enjoy those games.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball is one of my favourite OG Xbox games, it's really fun.

NieR is a good action RPG that controls well, the only thing really wrong with it are some of the sidequests. I don't know why people act like it's awful, maybe the exceptional music and story make the gameplay feel bad in comparison?

Oct 27, 2017
Metroid: Other M is one of my favourite Metroid games. I love how it plays, and the way the "murder mystery in space" story plays out as well.