• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 49132

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Grand Theft Auto IV is a masterpiece - way ahead of its time - and fully deserving of its critical success

Edit: that's a controversial opinion here, anyway.

Last edited:

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't have a problem in general with microtransactions and dlcs, just with some of the ways they're priced and implemented. Payable lootboxes though can die in a big fire.

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The combat in the Witcher 3 is fine; at least for me playing on the PC. It's not a strength of the game but it's good enough and the game more than makes up for it in other areas. I thought GOTY awards for it were well deserved. It's still the best open world game I've ever played until I discovered Subnautica.

Prey is the best singleplayer FPS of this entire generation.

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
Batman Arkham Knight is the best superhero game ever made.

Is this controversial? Arkham Knight is an amazing end to that entire trilogy. Some real deep cuts in there for Batman/DC fans, and excellent gameplay.

(Yeah, Batmobile and all that, but you get used to the controls, and nothing else in the superhero genre even comes close to the rest of the game)

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter is not only the best BoF game, but also one of the best game ever.

Oct 26, 2017
The combat in the Witcher 3 is fine; at least for me playing on the PC. It's not a strength of the game but it's good enough and the game more than makes up for it in other areas. I thought GOTY awards for it were well deserved. It's still the best open world game I've ever played until I discovered Subnautica.

Prey is the best singleplayer FPS of this entire generation.

I just started The Witcher 3, and I think the combat is totally fine. It got blown out of proportion because of the GotY battle with Bloodborne.

----

Uncharted 3 is fantastic, second best in the series, behind Uncharted 2, with no real competition.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The puzzles in Broken Age are not difficult, unfair and based on moon logic, but rather challenging on a fair way, varied and fun, much like the old classics in the genre. And most people having problems with them, including reviewers, are people that no longer have the patience for such games.

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Kid Icarus Uprising's control scheme is the only possible way to enable the type/pace of gameplay that it has, especially in multiplayer and under the restraints of 3DS hardware.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bonus: Halo: Reach is the best Halo game and has the best OST of any game ever released.

Reach is the best campaign for sure. Halo 4's OST is my absolute favourite, though.

Halo 4's campaign is really good - I replay it often and it's my most replayed Halo campaign after CE. The MP was also absolutely fun. Especially BTB.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 6 is amazing

Water levels are great

Star Fox Zero is a good game

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
The industry is in the best state it has ever been. The future is bright and exciting, and I cannot wait to go to work every day to contribute to the incredible things that are yet to come. :)

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Resetera is a pretty good forum.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I'm loving NSMBUDX, the platforming is fantastic and I think it looks fine. Fantastic game, I'm not surprised it's seemingly selling well.

Prince of Persia 3D is a very enjoyable classic Tomb Raider clone and the tank controls work fine for this kind of platformer.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Breath of the Wild's weapon fragility system is great when you get into the mindset that weapons are expendable.
It's also a prime example of how to design missions around systemic open worlds.

Metroid: Samus Returns has the best gameplay of the series while AM2R nails the atmosphere of Metroid 2 better. I would trust MercurySteam to develop a Super Metroid Remake provided they not recycle enemies halfway through.

Good game monetizaton is about buying more fun.

Oct 26, 2017
Dark Souls 2 is -really- good
Square Enix has finally figured out their production pipeline nightmare and the next ten years are going to be good
MGS1 has the best OST in the franchise
Japanese games never needed to catch up to American games, they were always delivering better gameplay throughout

Dark Souls 2 is fucking awesome. So many places and battles that I'll never forget. The video gamiest of all the Souls games.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Single player games with a focus on narrative & story & characters is the right & logical evolution for games.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Breath of the Wild's weapon fragility system is great when you get into the mindset that weapons are expendable.
It's also a prime example of how to design missions around systemic open worlds.

Metroid: Samus Returns has the best gameplay of the series while AM2R nails the atmosphere of Metroid 2 better. I would trust MercurySteam to develop a Super Metroid Remake provided they not recycle enemies halfway through.

Good game monetizaton is about buying more fun.
Yup, Samus Returns is great and it shows Mercury Steam could nail a new 2D Metroid that's not tied to a classic game.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Duke Nukem Forever, for all its flaws, was an entertaining 20 hours of so of campaign. I would not play it again, but the jokes and the setpieces were funny the first time around.

- Yooka-Laylee is actually one of the better 3D platformers of the decade, it just has a couple technical issues and a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon started by Jim Sterling - before his review, most impressions were very positive, after that it suddenly went to shit. It's not Super Mario Odyssey, mind, but it's very fun.

DiK4

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Zelda: Twilight Princess is up there with the best games ever made and stands toe to toe with Breath of the Wild as the best in the series.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is the best of the Primes and one of the greatest games of all time.

The Wii is the best console ever, and it's control scheme was amazing.

Shenmue I & II are the best games Sega has made in its history.

Sailing in Wind Waker was amazing and the first successful step towards an open world in the franchise.

Red Steel 1 is a good game.

Red Steel 2 is one of the best action games ever made.

Robo Recall is also, one of the best action games ever made and solidified VR as the next revolution in gaming.

Excite Truck is one of the greatest games Nintendo has ever published, and contender for best racing game of all time.

Resident Evil 0 is better than REmake and is right behind RE2 as the best of classic RE games.

MGS: Twin Snakes was a fantastic remake and better than the original.

DBZ: BT3 is the best Dragon Ball game and one of the most fun fighting games ever.

Ultra Street Fighter IV is the best game in the series.

Every successive Smash Bros. game has been better than the previous one.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Street Fighter V is the best fighting game of all time in terms of gameplay and graphics (save for the hair and lens face I love the art style and animation)

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
Sonic Unleashed is the best 3d Sonic game and SonicTeam was onto serious greatness with what they had going there. Shame they abandoned the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.