I can't speak for everyone but as a former trophy whore, I haven't really cared about them in recent years. Last game I really felt inclined to get all the trophies in was Bloodborne but that's also because it acted as a nice checklist for things to discover that were less emphasized by the main game (like the arcane and hunter tools for example). Plus trophies/achievements can be awesome when they create unique challenges like the legendary Annual from Halo 3 where you had to complete the last mission in 4 player co-op using separate vehicles and a harder checkpoint system. Nobody has ever liked online trophies and those have faded away for the most part. And although many times it feels like a chore list in open world games, it can act as a convenient way to organize the possible side missions and features that may be harder for players to discover by themselves.
I haven't played the Wars games or Spartan Ops but I really do feel that there is something phenomenal about each game
Important to clarify: Best single player or best multiplayer? Cause I'd be included to agree that Reach had the best single player campaign in the franchise, but the multiplayer was a bit too unbalanced for my tastes. Halo 5 is the opposite, worst campaign, probably best multiplayer.
Unpopular opinion: I think that the story and scenario writing of the KH-series is good (besides all this time travel, light vs dark, hearts and bodies talk) , because of the the following reasons:
Because all of that, yes I consider myself that the writing is good.
- It's one of the few piece of media where someone can talk stuff about "friends are my power", "being consumed by darkness", "light defeats darkness" and gets me emotional
- It achieves that I care for every single character of this huge ensemble.
- The devs are skilled enough to use imaginaries and symbolic in impactful ways
- Details are not being ignored and are getting referenced even after nearly 2 decades
- The devs know exactly how to effectively use music to increase the emotional impact of scenes
- They devs are good in using mystery and foreeshadowing things and are able to engage a whole fandom in discussions and theories between titles.
- And more
I think you missed a key word in the topic title.
Agree. Every Uncharted game was better than the last to me. (and that's saying something because they're all fantastic).
I would agree
Also agree with this.
IDark Souls 2 is amazing, Skyward Sword is the perfect pre-BotW 3D Zelda, Shadow of the Colossus remake faithfully captured the aesthetic of the original and greatly improved on it, The Last Guardian was worth the wait and it's the one of the most unique first party games ever.
That too, I'd also say it's the perfect swan song for Wii motion controls. Everything just felt so good, and it felt like what Twilight Princess should've been in regards to the combat had it not been on the gamecube.
Agreed 100% - We are few.