• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Loved the motion controls in Twilight Princess. I don't understand people that say the Gamecube version was better because of the lack of motion controls. Motion controls made Twilight Princess better.
It felt so cool, especially with the speaker on. Drawing the sword and getting the sheathing sound was just fun to play around with.

I was disappointed when the sound effects in the Wii U version for the sword were so muted in comparison.

Deleted member 19213

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Uncharted series' gameplay/shooting mechanics are perfectly fine, even pretty good

The Last Guardian is an amazing game with mechanics that aren't bad. It's a platformer, so if jumping from one place to another was automated/magnetic, like say Uncharted/Assassin's Creed, the gameplay would be boring since there would be no challenge. The challenge is timing your jumps and platforming properly.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
FFX-2's character writing is good.

Yuna's behavior is a completely logical step forward after where FFX left off, and the only reason people don't like it is because they want Yuna to be their perfect demure Japanese waifu forever.

I agree. She was a very young girl in FFX, at some point she was going to realize her development and everything came to fruition with her personality.

Mr. Capo

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Digital Devil Saga duology is the best SMT spinoff (or the second best MegaTen series).

It boasts the best iteration of the Press Turn battle system at the moment, has a great storyline across two games that is based on Hinduism and the graphics didn't age at all thanks to Kaneko's strong artstyle. The OST for both games is among Meguro's best works, here's an example.

OdjnRyu

Nov 8, 2017
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter is the best RPG on PS2. It dared to be different with its dystopian sci-fi during and implemented roguelike and dungeon-crawling mechanics that would end up influencing the design of Dead Rising.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I've got a lot of them.
WiiU is a fantastic system and the probably the best place to enjoy all Nintendo content made before 2017.
Metroid II is the best Metroid game and also one of the finest game in the genre.
Romancing Saga on ps2 is the best game you will find on ps2, it's the epitome of console RPG in distilled form.
The NES "oddball" Zelda and Mario games are fantastic and got a bad rap for no reason.
I would have 1 for Pikmin but I need to replay pikmin 2, I botched my playthrough the 1st time when Pikmin didn't click with me before.
Donkey Kong 64 is a fantastic game that is maybe a little too small.
Jet Force Gemini is the best game Rare made on N64.
I could go on and on and on.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
It was highly praised at the time but has received some backlash in recent years for some reason. When I replayed it few years ago, it held up just fine.

I feel like there was a lot more talk of people's favorite or the best in the RE series before RE4 came out. Then it seemed like 4 made the talk and debate a lot easier and since then people just seem to remember the nostalgia for 2 and sometimes 1 and just kind of forget the rest.

Zero and Code Veronica were good dammit!

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I feel like there was a lot more talk of people's favorite or the best in the RE series before RE4 came out. Then it seemed like 4 made the talk and debate a lot easier and since then people just seem to remember the nostalgia for 2 and sometimes 1 and just kind of forget the rest.

Zero and Code Veronica were good dammit!
Wait people think Zero and Code Veronica are bad?

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Yooka-Laylee is a really good, fun platformer that delivered on what was promised by its Kickstarter.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil Zero came out at a time when people were getting sick of the old RE formula (from both RE games and similar stuff from other series'). It's a good game but I held off on buying for a few years because I was burnt out on those kind of games.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Darksiders 3 has a brilliant combination of genres

Dark Souls 2 has nicer, more melancholy and less depressing atmosphere than the other FromSoft games

The Order:1886 set up a really cool universe and it should be expanded

A Way Out was the first co-op game that made me emotionally invested apart from "just having fun with a friend"

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I feel like they just get forgotten. 4 is the overwhelming picked best and then it's like there is nostalgia for 1 and 2 and then the rest get forgotten.
Resi 2 is the one I always forget.
3 was great in its ways.
0 was kind of hard for me to follow but IIRC it was really well made.
RV is the Dreamcast game, so there's this aura of lost gem around it.
4 is the seismic shift and then I just stopped caring.
but still I never thought these games were considered bad just overshadowed.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
The Mass Effect 1 shotgun is way more satisfying to use than it has any right to be.

I like Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Sub-60 fps in a PC game is perfectly playable. It's not optimal, but I'm fucking poor, and a game played at 30-40 fps is better than no game at all.

DmC looks pretty damn cool, and has some really good set pieces.

drog

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The Sims Bustin' Out is a top 10 GBA game.
Burnout 3 is the best racing game of all time.
The PSP has the best Final Fantasy and Metal Gear games of all time (Crisis Core and Metal gear Ac!d 2)

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
is bayonetta 2 not as good? (genuinely asking)

(In my opinion) Bayo2's script is a lot worse. It's hard to nail down exactly why I feel that way, but I think it's generally agreed that pretty much all of the side characters in Bayo2 come off as unlikable douches (whereas the side characters in Bayo1 are awesome, and each one complements a different aspect of Bayonetta's personality). Bayo1 also expertly blends camp humor and epic drama, whereas Bayo2 has a lot less humor (which results in the epic moments feeling a lot less memorable).

Bayonetta 2 is still a good game; it's just doesn't quite have the perfect tonal blend of humor and epicness that Bayo1 has.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Capcom has returned

Megaman 11

DMC5

RE2

Within 12 months.

Feels like I slipped back into happier times

Yep

Dont forget an incredible monster hunter experience thats become the biggest financial shocker, and good long term support for Street fighter 5. Even some great ports and making sure even there more niche legacy games, like dragons dogma, get some spotlight and love

Although MVCI sure was a miss. And no asuras wrath dammit!

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Metroid Prime 3 may not be where I want the series to go, but I think it was an interesting experiment that provided a bombastic ending for the trilogy and I wouldn't really change anything about it, great game.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
6-7 rated games are often more interesting and have more risky mechanics than AAA stuff which is pretty homogenized.

Last edited:

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Despite what gamers want to think, Reggie Fils-Aime isn't just a PR mouthpiece. He doubtlessly supervises or initiates many efforts that are easily overlooked, such as demographic research and launch marketing for Labo in North America.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've got a lot of them.
WiiU is a fantastic system and the probably the best place to enjoy all Nintendo content made before 2017.
Metroid II is the best Metroid game and also one of the finest game in the genre.
Romancing Saga on ps2 is the best game you will find on ps2, it's the epitome of console RPG in distilled form.
The NES "oddball" Zelda and Mario games are fantastic and got a bad rap for no reason.
I would have 1 for Pikmin but I need to replay pikmin 2, I botched my playthrough the 1st time when Pikmin didn't click with me before.
Donkey Kong 64 is a fantastic game that is maybe a little too small.
Jet Force Gemini is the best game Rare made on N64.
I could go on and on and on.
How do you know you would have one for pikmin?

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Ubisoft might be the best game company rn.
They don't really put out 10/10 games. But for the last 2-3 years...they have been consistenly pumping out 7.5-9 out of 10 games.

Yup, Wii U is one of my favorite consoles ever. Think I poured just as much time into it as I did into my PS3 + X360 combined
i probably bought more Wii U games, than i have bought games for any 1 system before or since. It was over 30
that game drought killed it. the messaging killed it. the multiplats missing features killed it.

playing the wii u was fun

Status
Not open for further replies.