• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
Bonus: Halo: Reach is the best Halo game and has the best OST of any game ever released.
Agreed 100% - We are few.

- MGSV going open world made the game very fun and unique.

- Gyro based capture mechanics in PKMN Let's go are superior to fighting Pokémon to catch them. There's plenty of fights in the game and online.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Evolve was a really good game and it's DLC model wasn't even that bad, you knew what you were getting in for (content wise) when you bought the game and all paid content (extra characters and monsters) would still appear in your online matches regardless of if you'd bought it. The community shat on it so much it eventually ruined the player base and it also forced one the better devs (Turtle Rock) to become very disheartened after the whole incident and seemed have now switched to a VR only model.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
220px-Super_Dodge_Ball_%28NES_cover%29.JPG

This is one of the best NES games ever released (Top 10 ten easily) and has aged remarkably well save the flickering.

Volleyball is right up there. My friend and I would have ridiculously competitive white-knuckle matches.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
FF XV was the first FF I've played since XII and I loved it. I loved the banter, the brotherhood, the journey, the combat system and the ending made me cry. It was a joy to play.

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
Uncharted 3 is even better than the already excellent U2.

Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy are the apex of the series.
I was having trouble coming up with a contribution to this thread, but this take is it for me too.

I've played every game in the series many times, and I definitely feel like they continue to improve throughout the series.

The highs in Uncharted 3 are really really high. And while there are lows, I don't think they drag the game down nearly as much as people claim.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is it actually controversial that Alpha Protocol kicked ass? Everyone who's actually played it that I know of loves it, it's just that hardly anyone has played it...

UaKYxGL.jpg

I don't think that's how it was viewed then or now. It's low 70s on Metacritic for PC (where I played it) and mid-60s on the consoles. By review standards, that's not great. Gamers in my small circle of friends thought it was a janky mess. I don't know what the overall sales were, but I recall it being considered a flop.

My controversial opinion is that it was the best game of the decade. I love every damn aspect of it. I don't maintain a mental top ten list, but it would be on it if I did. The best of the 360/PS3 era.

Deleted member 17630

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
- The Wind Waker is the best Zelda game
- The Wii U was incredible and the 3DS is the best console Nintendo has ever made
- Im really happy with MS' first party output this gen. It's smaller, but they're games I enjoyed and keep coming back to

IamAToast

Apr 18, 2018
Germany
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare was a great game. Best singleplayer of the series and a solid multiplayer with fair MTX to just skip time and you could unlock everything without spending money.

deroli

Nov 5, 2017
Germany
As a whole, PS Vita is the best "modern" portable device. It's the best compromise between portability (Switch's disadvantage) and screen size/ performace (3DS' drawback). Sony's memory cards are a rip-off but at least you can painlessly transfer your games to a PC/ PS4 and the great sales on games more than make up for it. The library misses groundbreaking (1st party) titles but still offers a great selection of high quality games of many genres.

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Let's Go was great, sure it had its issues but that comes with the territory when you make sweeping changes to a decades-old formula. I loved it and I hope the subseries gets more entries, ideally a Gen 2 Let's Go next.

Deleted member 15447

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NBA Live is more fun than 2K and has been for a couple years.

Even more positive is that the base they've created has so much more room for improvement.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I like Tales of Zestiria, it's tons of fun and I love the cast!

I love Berseria too and I could definitely see the game making it into one of my all-time favourites.

Oct 28, 2017
As a whole, PS Vita is the best "modern" portable device. It's the best compromise between portability (Switch's disadvantage) and screen size/ performace (3DS' drawback). Sony's memory cards are a rip-off but at least you can painlessly transfer your games to a PC/ PS4 and the great sales on games more than make up for it. The library misses groundbreaking (1st party) titles but still offers a great selection of high quality games of many genres.
My man. Vita remains the GOAT handheld.

ADee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Mass Effect Andromeda was solid and mostly pretty good after it was patched. I liked the crewmates and the combat was the best in the series. Too bad we won't get a follow up, I have always been a sucker for stories where you have to start from scratch in an unknown place.

Dark Souls 2 is not my favourite in the soulsborne series but by far the most played thanks to all the different builds you can play through with. (My order from best to least best: Dark Souls -> Dark Souls 3 -> Demon's Soul -> Dark Souls 2 -> Bloodborne however I love all of them)

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Voice acting makes Zelda better.

It was well enough implemented, so yes.

Hyrule Castle in Botw is one the best Zelda dungeon of the series. 2 years later, 250 hours, and I still finding secrets on it. My only gripe is the rewards itself are limited to ruppes, new weapons (there is a very unique one though) and korok seeds. The DLC added an armor, but I miss heart pieces lol.

Its insanely huge.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Alpha Protocol was the best game to release between 2000-2010.

I came here to post that Alpha Protocol was better than every Mass Effect game last generation, but even I wouldn't go that far lol

New Vegas came out the same year as AP after all, and it's basically better than AP in every way.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Evolve was a really good game and it's DLC model wasn't even that bad, you knew what you were getting in for (content wise) when you bought the game and all paid content (extra characters and monsters) would still appear in your online matches regardless of if you'd bought it. The community shat on it so much it eventually ruined the player base and it also forced one the better devs (Turtle Rock) to become very disheartened after the whole incident and seemed have now switched to a VR only model.
Hear hear! If it came out free to play like Apex legends it would do great in todays times!

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Microsoft have done a lot for the industry, not the least of which includes Xbox Live Multiplayer gaming, and Xbox Live Arcade for giving indies a platform on console they previously didnt really have.

Deleted member 24112

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think Evolve was a good game with interesting mechanics and ideas that unfortunately was subject to hate before people even gave it a chance.

O2L

Feb 28, 2018
I will second that I loved Final Fantasy XV and Chrono Cross.

Final Fantasy VIII is my favour FF game and better than FFVII.

The first Adventure Island is better than Super Mario Bros.

The Legacy of Kain games are some of the best games of all time.

SaGa Frontier is great!

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of bloated, but I love Resident Evil 6, as it excels at what it aims to do.

I also love all three Dark Souls games, including both iterations of 2. The world of 2 was more spaced out but it had a ton of great locations, and the illumination system was a great idea.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Legend of Legaia/Xenogears gameplay is really great and should be revived on turn based rpgs.

Status
Not open for further replies.