• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Research Protocol, Data Collection and Entry and a bit of analysis
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Specifically Acceptance and Commitment Therapy..but i'm still learning
Bloodborne Lore and Themes
Fighting Games

EDIT: Who's hiring? lol

Last edited:

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a cheater since I'm a PhD student and I teach but I'll do the ones I could do with breathless excitement.

Historical foundations of pre-feminist thought, feminist theories, and how we got to intersectionality

Heidegger

Branching narratives in games

Ambient storytelling in games

The writing process, from conception to rhetorical considerations through the stages of production (though it is better as practice than lecture, obviously)

Virality, fake news, and the role of traditional and social media

Posthumanism

dingobingo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
System ERP integration, data integrity, SQL,SSRS, organizational change management.

Tacos, Bass, Metal, Travel and other random stuff

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
How Jamiroquai is the name of band, not the name of the man with the big hat.

His name is Jamir O'kwai. The band name was actually a coincidence, and was named before he ever joined.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
Russian history, specifically the October Revolution era. I got fascinated with it while playing Shadow Hearts 2, and knowing the game had historical fiction in it, I went and researched the events that brought an end to the Czars and autocracy in great detail. It really was a super interesting period of history. The period after brought a lot of great writing as well, such as Alexander Solzhenitsyn.

edit, less impressive stuff: 90s era music, video games, and 80s cartoon shows.

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Aside from my line of work and some of my favourite novelists I doubt there's anything I could talk about meaningfully for as long as two hours.

Oct 26, 2017
Warhammer 40k

Ecommerce, how to, and why Marketplaces suck

Infrastructure

Propaganda and insertions points, how it is injected into modern society.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
I could talk for hours about many things, but I'm not sure I could organize my thoughts about anything into 2 coherent hours. I imagine it would have to be written and planned, and I just don't have the patience for that.

Aya

Time - from physics to philosophy

persistenceofmemory1931.jpg

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
The Xilinx Zynq with Analog Devices AD9361 RFIC. I keep trying to do something different in my career but I've been working in this platform for almost 5 years now and new projects keep starting up where teams are unfamiliar with it.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Economics (my university degree)
Database Normalization
Roman Empire
Cheese or wine production
World War 2
Evolution of Adventure Games
Super Mario Galaxy
NFL Football
FIFA Football
Parenting

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
Qualitiy Management for the food, food contact, food logistic industry/HARM/HACCP
Environmental Management
Energy Manegement
Planning of Water/Heat/Waste/power infrastructure
Statistics

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Tech stuff. Building system infrastructure on-prem, AWS cloud, scripting and automation.

I did an hour long lecture on our Citrix VDI architecture to a group of co-workers and managers before leaving my last job since no one was familiar with it or took the time to learn it. One hour out of my last two weeks wasn't even remotely enough time, but that's all the time management could afford. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

leafcutter

Feb 14, 2018
With just the current knowledge I have, no research/prep time?

D&D
Heavy Metal and its sub-genres
Libraries/librarianship
Dark Souls

That's probably about it, off the top of my head.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Besides my field of study, I guess Calculus since I used to be a tutor for it for a few semesters in college.

And soccer, love me some soccer

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
2 hours is way too damn long lol. I'm a Toastmaster and I can't imagine speaking for 2 damn hours. Yeah, I know professors and such do it all the time. But I'm not a professor lol.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Probably a few things.

Community mental healthcare.
Medicaid.
Housing, broadly.
Community development.
Immigration.

The pre-talk anxiety might get me real good, though.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Not gonna lie, I'd 100% attend a lot of these lectures on the non-gaming and non-pop culture stuff.

Financial Math? Yes please.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Foreign language teaching, Shakespeare/Elizabethan drama, geomorphology, soil science, earth history, geologic dating, urban geography, Nintendo, Zelda.

Last edited: