• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
How to be a badass soccer player.
How to carry a skateboard in a very stylish way but not necessarily be any good at riding it.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In this TED Talk I will spend the next six hours explaining why Bae is the true ending of Life Is Strange. Let us begin in ancient Greece where the philosopher Socrates first proposed

samb_rules

Jan 16, 2018
Two hours is aaaages.

I'd probably rank a couple hundred Pokemon by how cool I think their designs are, could fill the time pretty easy with that. If I acted confident/authoritative enough and added a couple "facts" about how their name is a mix between these two words and how they're based off this kind of bird etc. I could probably pass it off as a lecture.

EDIT: or or or I could lay out my idea for a stop motion Star Fox movie, describe the story, set pieces 'n cast etc. Maybe show some diagrams.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Modern data center infrastructure, the digital transformation and high compute/value workloads Underneath that umbrella I would easily talk storage, network and server architecture with transformational-type workloads (FPGA's, GPU offload, etc.). How and why to pivot depending on the needs, and then I would actually be the one to design the architecture to sell to the customer.

Ok I'll admit, I do 2+ hour presentations every week of the above already. Heading out to do 1 today in about 30 minutes. You'd be surprised how good you get a public speaking when you do it regularly.

or...

Bourbon, I could fucking talk about bourbon.

Last edited:

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
stuff like...
International Relations Theory (also applied to real life cases in Europe/Asia)
Vydia Gamez
Japanese economy in the 80s and early 90s
American trade history in regards to economic coercion
Trade wars
Capitalism
Privacy in the digital age
Urban planing

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess my hobbies but 2+ hours is a long time.

Smash Bros?

What is smash Bros? then talk about each character.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
How Lehman's laws of software evolution apply to open source software.

(I gave a 2.5 hour presentation on that in 2013. It wasn't as boring as it sounds.)

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
financial planning and reporting
sales planning through the chain of distribution (producing industry)
crazyness of corporate tax minimizing strategies

... mostly boring work related stuff

i guess i could talk/present more than two hours of a few individual videogames or how to build up a rc racing car.

Oct 27, 2017
Quantum field theory, the standard model of particle physics and theories beyond the standard model, general relativity, any undergrad physics... and Mega Man lore I guess.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I could fill two hours on healthcare in Canada as well as expense comparisons between the provinces and some explanation for the differences. Plus additional detail on how long term clients are assessed and classified and the companies compensated for their care, though that likely wouldn't be necessary to fill the time.

And probably another couple of hours on health indicators (cancer, illness, drinking, smoking, exercise, etc) across the country and programs implemented to help.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Running

It's crazy what a lot of people don't know. Generally the people who swear off running because of X injury are probably running incorrectly and have bad form. If fixed, overtime, it wouldn't be an issue.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I'm pretty sure I could lecture something like intro to control systems for an entire semester, after tutoring it for 4 years (about to start my fifth).

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
History of Metal and its sub-genres;
Thirty Years War, La Reconquista, Portuguese Restoration War, Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, World War 2 in general;

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I actually did one in college on how to write an emulator. In hindsight I spent too much time on teaching bit manipulation / twiddling techniques.

Would love to do it again, actually. I hate public speaking, but I found that really fun.

But there's plenty of programming and especially gaming topics I could do a lecture on, like the history of gaming, the history of game music, game graphics, or whatever.

aBIGeye

Nov 2, 2017
On the fly, probably only something architecture related or a barebone history of photography.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Retail operations
Societal education opportunity gaps
Pokemon
Corporate mobility infrastructure
Desktop and Mobile hardware lifecycle planning
Gears of War

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Pokemon lore, Metroid lore, Smash Bros, Game of Thrones lore, MCU lore, classic rock history. You know, nerd stuff.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have a bit of an eclectic list.

Food, Cooking, and American cuts of meat (too many sub-categories here)
Tetris
Films of the 80s
Legalization of marijuana and its societal and economic effects
Photography
Job training techniques
Traveling on a shoestring while solo

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is my presentation.

On how the economy in Pokemon is supposed to work when all dads disappear, all moms are stay at home moms, free Healthcare exists, and kids are out robbing each other for spare change while the only company providing proper work is working to do something evil.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Tough question because it isn't clear how polished or interesting this talk should be. Assuming I have an hour to prepare basic notes and pacing and not too worried about quality I could do:
Triathlons (or related endurance events)
Sports (most major)
Gaming
Pedagogy
Environmental Science
Geology (Earth Science)
Biology
Physiology
Astronomy
History/Philosophy of Science
Raising kids
Youth soccer

Could go into some detail in sub-genres but would feel pretty confident in any of those I listed.