• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, this is tough to watch.

Frankly he doesn't seem to have what it takes to stay on the straight and narrow... Which he fully admits.

Not that I'm criticizing him for this, mind you. I know I wouldn't be strong enough either. The odds of beating his addiction are unfortunately very low.

Just sad. Wish him the best.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
U7QcGbM.gif

Who wore it better?
There's just something about this gif.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017

yeah, I saw this on the Howard stern show reddit and thought it was a photoshop. I wonder if he can even breathe in and out comfortably. He's been trying to kill himself for some time now and a lot of it is due to what happened to his father and the blame he feels for it. I do feel bad for him. Despite some of his distasteful "humor," dude did try to help people the show profited off of making fun of.

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, I saw this on the Howard stern show reddit and thought it was a photoshop. I wonder if he can even breathe in and out comfortably. He's been trying to kill himself for some time now and a lot of it is due to what happened to his father and the blame he feels for it. I do feel bad for him. Despite some of his distasteful "humor," dude did try to help people the show profited off of making fun of.
The stuff that happened to using dad is absolutely tragic. No way you ever really recover from that.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point it might be a mercy to him for this to just finally... end.

He clearly cannot get clean. He has to be in immense pain every day. I feel tremendous empathy for him.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
If his nose imploding isn't enough to get him clean then nothing will. He's had a ton of enablers, including Stern, that have benefited from his addiction. Sickening.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jail would be the WORST thing for Artie. There are drugs in prison, he'll only make new connections because those are the people he'll seek out, and it won't get him clean.

Oct 25, 2017
Worried that some day this thread will have Update: Passed Away or something in the title. This is fucking dire.

Every team he looks into the mirror he'll see irrevocable addiction. Can he get surgery? Can he even afford surgery?

Ushiromiya

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Worried that some day this thread will have Update: Passed Away or something in the title. This is fucking dire.

Every team he looks into the mirror he'll see irrevocable addiction. Can he get surgery? Can he even afford surgery?

Rhinoplasty on the highest end runs about $15,000. But with how damaged his nose probably is not even the best surgeon in the world could save.

"Reason" for collapsed nose.
OP
OP
Enzom21

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
Artie Lange claims he was kidnapped by a bookie's collection guy
Artie Lange, who recently blamed his collapsed nose on years of drug abuse, revealed that an injury he received when he was allegedly kidnapped 11 months ago is also partially responsible.
"I still gamble a lot. That was my worst vice for a long time was gambling because it led to everything else. I'm the kind of guy, it just escalates," Lange said on a recent episode of the podcast "Are We Still Talking About This?" "I owed a bookie 62 grand, and a kid who worked for a bookie, we'll call him an African-American, he was collecting, and he thought I was a billionaire because he saw me on TV and he kidnapped me."

The 51-year-old comedian explained that he was on his way to his truck when he heard someone call his name before getting hit in the nose.

"The kid, right here, boom … knocked me out for, like, 10 minutes," he said. "I woke up in his van."
Lange told the 19-year-old, who planned to get $100,000 from him, that he should think about what he was doing since he was friends with the bookie and had known him since he was 12 years old. The warning seemed to work.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
"We'll call him an African-American"

Fuck that motherfucker. Just use the words you wanna and own that shit. Dont blame us for your coke problem...

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
When in doubt, blame it on a black guy. Just par for the course for a guy who constantly wanted people to think he was connected. What's next, the black guy forced him to do heroin and cocaine before his court date?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
So sad to see this happening. I still like him from the early seasons of Mad TV....oh Artie

He even lost that gig because of his coke addiction. On one Stern show he told a story of how he got fired from it. One night before filming he decided to get wasted on coke. Then they next morning he woke up and to "take the edge off" he started guzzling Jack Daniel's. He'd eventually show up to the studio like that and started literally fighting with his manager until the cops were called and then he took off running from them.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has struggled with substance abuse (although not cocaine), I feel bad for the dude and wouldn't wish it on anyone. But there's no helping someone who doesn't want to get help. It never takes until you really want it to.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I've had a deviated septum since birth but this just makes me really really really want to fix it even though it doesn't do anything. I'm super paranoid about even touching my nose right now. Gah I'm freaking out at these pictures. Stoppppp

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he has a rock bottom, he's lost so much already and it doesn't seem to matter, which is sad because it means this story only has one ending.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a deviated septum since birth but this just makes me really really really want to fix it even though it doesn't do anything. I'm super paranoid about even touching my nose right now. Gah I'm freaking out at these pictures. Stoppppp

As long as you haven't snorted enough coke, herion and glass to kill Galactus, I think you'll be OK.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
I guess that's why this was posted

Listening to him recently, he's never going to get better.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
As long as you haven't snorted enough coke, herion and glass to kill Galactus, I think you'll be OK.
I didn't even snort pixie stix with the "cool kids" in middle school. I don't know what it is about the pictures they're just super disturbing to me at this moment, and I've been on the internet and seen all there is too see for a long time now.

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
Man, he had such a perfect gig working for Howard. Hard to believe it's been nearly ten years since he left, and even harder to believe how far he's fallen when he seemed like kind of a mess even at the time.

Oof and another treatment program? Hasn't he typically dropped out of those within a week? Hope this one takes.

OP
OP
Enzom21

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he will ever get past his addiction especially considering his reluctance to even address one of the reasons for it.
Him blaming himself for his father falling off of that ladder, which of course led to him becoming a quadriplegic and eventually his death.
He brought up his guilt about not being there to hold the ladder for his father like he usually did. He clearly blames himself even though it wasn't his fault. His dad had the ladder on a picnic table.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think he will ever get past his addiction especially considering his reluctance to even address one of the reasons for it.
Him blaming himself for his father falling off of that ladder, which of course led to him becoming a quadriplegic and eventually his death.
He brought up his guilt about not being there to hold the ladder for his father like he usually did. He clearly blames himself even though it wasn't his fault. His dad had the ladder on a picnic table.
That story is really heartbreaking... but the way he tells it is top-class comedy.

Lawyer: "Well, if you don't want to sue the family whose house you were working on, just sue the ladder company."

Artie's Dad softly mumbles something, Artie moves in closer to hear it.

Dad: "I stole the fucking ladder."

Artie: "He stole the ladder."

Lawyer: "What?!"