• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PRBoricua23

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
I may be incorrect and I have no evidence to back this up, but hasn't Ricky Gervais come out and basically accused Corden of stealing his schtick?

For the life of me, I can't remember where I heard or read that bit. If it's not true, I apologize.

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
I just find him bland and if the stories about him being a dick to writers and others are true then fuck him.

As long as they keep him locked in late night he cant fuck with Doctor Who.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I may be incorrect and I have no evidence to back this up, but hasn't Ricky Gervais come out and basically accused Corden of stealing his schtick?

For the life of me, I can't remember where I heard or read that bit. If it's not true, I apologize.
what is ricky's schtick? just being a loud british guy?

considering so much ricky's stand-up is just retelling things other people have said i don't think he should be in any position to accuse anyone of theft

Deleted member 15227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This tosser replaced one of the greatest and natural talk show hosts ... no one I know can stand the guy and his popularity has been a constant source of perplexity.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cannot stand him. Never have. I didn't like 'Gavin and Stacey', his shitty lad culture infused football talk-show he hosted or that weird Vampire Killer film thing. Glad he's pissed off to America. Fucking keep him.

Last edited:

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
[He got] his parents to write an angry email to Mark Kermode for him reviewing Peter Rabbit poorly.

He's not funny.

His voice is grating.

He's everywhere.

He's famously unpleasant and difficult to work with.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I liked him in doctor who..

i think the "internet" hates him because they are him minus the success

Joe

Oct 25, 2017

I could see it. Cordon is nearly as unlikeable as Gervais.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Because he's not fun to watch and you never hear anything good about him behind the scenes.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Might be the funniest shit he's ever said.
Didn't even know he hosted lol

But yeah, whole thing looks like a shitshow.
You know they're never inviting him back lmao
Don't they say that every time? I think he's done it like 5 times now. Gervais' edginess seems to be part of the golden globes now. And honestly he might be the perfect host for a bunch of drunk celebrities, when they might too tipsy to care what he says.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Don't they say that every time? I think he's done it like 5 times now. Gervais' edginess seems to be part of the golden globes now. And honestly he might be the perfect host for a bunch of drunk celebrities, when they might too tipsy to care what he says.
You might be right. I haven't watched it since I was like 15.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Besides some of the reasons already posted regarding pay for writers and him allegedly just being an asshole, I've just never really found him all that funny or affable. Maybe it's a chicken-egg thing, but he's always struck me as pretty bland and broad in humor, which then makes me not want to watch more of him than I see in passing, which then reinforces my impression of his humor. He's like Jimmy Fallon to me, except that Fallon at least prompts some memorability due to how extreme of a giggler he is and how almost manic in his propensity for fawning over his guests he is.

Corden isn't as extreme as the worst parts of Fallon, but that also makes him even less memorable to me. I don't actively dislike the dude, he's just the equivalent of unflavored oatmeal to me.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
You might be right. I haven't watched it since I was like 15.
Yeah Gervais at the globes is like South Park, they know what they're getting into and his 'outrageousness' makes good headlines, which is likely considered decent publicity and advetising, even just making money on you tube clips.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Really loved his video responding to Bill Maher, who was wishingfat shaming made a comeback (as if it ever left), it really spoke to me and I shared it. It led me to write quite a bit on the subject because it made a lot of frustrations resurface. I'm not an important public person by any means, but it was the first writing I've done in years that I actually shared with people on a public platform. And it was because of that video. I think he made a good job of being funny while talking about something serious and sad.

That being said I can't comment about his overall shows, appearances, etc. I don't really care for the car singing thing and I don't really like late night shows, I watch clips sometimes. I thought he was funny and good on Doctor Who, but aside from that the fat shaming video is the only piece I've really taken time to watch of him and it had a good impact on me.

Sad to hear he is kind of a dick.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
corden-cats.jpg
giphy.gif

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assume because of his weight, as the negativity started when he branched out to US and TV there seems to have a real vanity problem compared to UK.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He's always reminded me of the snotty rich kid everyone grew up with. No one really likes him because he's a dick, but everyone goes to his parties because he has a nice house.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
He's always reminded me of the snotty rich kid everyone grew up with. No one really likes him because he's a dick, but everyone goes to his parties because he has a nice house.
Funnily enough, he found success playing characters that are meant to be relatable and down to earth. He's meant to be like the opposite of the characters Russell Brand would play.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I liked him on that one episode of Doctor Who where the Doctor moves in with him temporarily and ends up making him and his roommate realize they love each other. But that was it. Now he's everywhere. I don't even want to use a Keurig anymore out of spite. I also miss Craig Ferguson. He was GOAT. Most of the time he was more fun than Conan.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I liked him on that one episode of Doctor Who where the Doctor moves in with him temporarily and ends up making him and his roommate realize they love each other. But that was it. Now he's everywhere. I don't even want to use a Keurig anymore out of spite. I also miss Craig Ferguson. He was GOAT. Most of the time he was more fun than Conan.
Had you seen this Craig Ferguson Doctor Who show opener? It got cut at the time.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Completely unworthy successor to Craig Ferguson, a talk show host that even people who don't like talk shows enjoy.

On top of that, he almost seems to know he sucks and seems quite satisfied with himself.

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
He's irritating in everything I've had the misfortune to see him in and I've heard he's a right bell-end off-camera, too. All of these stories people are posting in this thread cement the fact of how much of an unlikable arsehole he really is.

He looks smug and isn't remotely funny or amusing. And he's a cockney.
No, he isn't. Pretty much the furthest thing from it.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Same comrade, same.....

Craig Ferguson is hands down one of the best talk show hosts of all time. ALL TIME. He is just so fucking human and didn't give any fucks. Any guy who can authentically say when asked "who was your favorite guest" and Craig without a pause replies "Archbishop Desmond Tutu" PERIOD. That made him legend to me.

This was a great recent listen for me because I like Bert and love Craig.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
For me I think it was that moment with Patrick Stewart. You could infer Stewart was probably inebriated, and had taken issue with how Corden was acting, but instead of negotiating it tactfully he went for an awkward victory over him.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This only happens to ugly and fat celebrities, same reason people hate Kevin James,
Yeah, because everyone hates Jack Black. Get outta here with that bullshit, the criticism against James Corden has nothing to do with his physical appearance.