• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperNerd3000

Oct 25, 2017
+1 for GOW currently

(Red Dead II could change it but I'm not huge on open-world, so for now I give it to GOW)

Your 2018 GOTY is/could be... ?

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right now it's State of Decay 2 or Celeste. Toss up.

Good chance it'll end up being RDR or FH4 though.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
God of War. Only thing not out yet that can possibly beat it is RDR 2 and a long shot, but also looking forward to Assassins Creed Odyssey next week.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Celeste

Runner ups: Dead Cells, Spider-Man, BlazBlue Cross Tag, Octopath Traveler, Dragon Ball FighterZ
Games I still need to play but expect to end up on my list: Dragon Quest XI, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
As of right now it's still God of War, but from what I've seen both Smash Ultimate and Assassin's Creed Odyssey will probably surpass it for me.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I'm only around 15 hours in, but maybe Bard's Tale IV, so far it's the most engaging experience I've had this year, with Pillars 2 being a pretty close 2nd.

Slixshot

Oct 27, 2017
God of War. Master craftsmanship behind absolutely everything in the game. It's one of the GOAT.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't tried God of War. Actually, I missed a lot of the big ones this year. So far, it's Monster Hunter World.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Dragon Quest XI is looking very likely. It's really feels like the culmination of the DQ series, a really incredible game that's crafted to perfection (except for the music, bah).

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's gonna be either Hitman 2, GOW or RDR2.

Deleted member 4067

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So far it's nothing, Spider-Man is pretty avg

It could be Hitman 2, RDR2, or Smash if they dont disappoint

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Right now it's Beat Saber, which I think is probably the most fun game ever made, but that's more about facts than my preferences in games.

I'm thinking Hypnospace Outlaw could be my GOTY based on the beta.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Probably RDR2
But right now it's still GoW. MHW takes the second place.

LiS2 probably won't end this year so it's out of the race.

Starburns

Oct 30, 2017
Denver
If right now was December 31st, I think Spider-man would edge out God of War.

But Forza Horizon will probably have something to say about all that, and considering Red Dead Redemption is/was/will always be my Game of the Generation last time around, I'm betting RDR2 gets in the mix.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
We'll be able to vote for Hollow Knight, so definitely that. Even though it's technically a 2017 release, I feel like 2018 was the big year for that game with a release on 3 more platforms

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Octopath or Dragon Quest XI, two of the strongest RPGs I've played in years, if not a decade.

Don't make me pick now, I have a couple more months to procrastinate before I have to.

Probable Top 5 at the moment:

1. Octopath/DQ11
2. Octopath/DQ11
3. God of War
4. Iconoclasts
5. Celeste

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
If I'm going by the game I had the most fun with in 2018 it's Dark Souls: Remastered.

Oct 25, 2017
ATM God Of War

Could be

1) Assassins Creed Odyssey
2) Red Dead Redemption 2

I've had the most fun playing Monster Hunter, but imo I always feel gameplay focused games rank lower in my brain that things with a narrative.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Just based on time played, its monster hunter world. Bfv might pass that up but doubt it. Not falling for the double dip bait from r* for rdr2, so that's not in the running this year.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
10h in GoW i woulda said GoW. But after finishing recently , eeeehhhhh. Spiderman finished stronger , even if the first 5 h were not as masterfully done like GoW.
But yeah, Im hoping RDR 2 delivers to claim GOTY

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
God of War,as amazing as Red Dead Redemption 2 looks,I am talking about my second favorite game ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.