• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017
Days of Future Past - with its period setting, time travel gimmick, massive cast of characters, and sentinels (which come in both comic accurate and terrifying varieties) - always seemed like the quintessential X-Men film to me, and an excellent film besides.

Boy was Apocalypse a comedown and a half.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
X2 at the time. It hasn't aged well but it was really good back when it dropped.

Logan is a close second but it barely feels like a film from that series now.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Nostalgia says it's X-2, personally I really liked Days of Future Past despite the huge ass plot holes because it works as a great overall conclusion to the original and new series.

It's probably Logan in terms of objective quality, but I personally didn't really like it.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
It would have been X2 if all the Rogue scenes were removed but as is I'd probably say DoFP. I do prefer old man Xavier and Magneto to the young versions though

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. Logan
2. DoFP.

Both are brilliant because of its strong portrayal of Wolverine.

Logan is the best Marvel move ever made, DoFP being second.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
First Class is so bad, I will never get the love. DoFP is mildly better.

Logan is good, Deadpool is good.

Cannot wait for the first great X-Men film in the MCU.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Logan is the best one, I think, because it doesn't even really try to be a superhero movie and it actually discusses some pretty dark stuff that X-Men movies should, like ethnic cleansing. The only other movie to even touch upon something like that up was actually X3 with its "cure" for mutants.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
X2. The moment Wolverine is attacked by some soldier in the mansion, gives him this "lol you dun goofed" look, then sticks all 6 blades into his chest, I knew it was going to be a great movie.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
All trashola. Beginning of Apocalypse was cool though. Also that scene in (whichever movie) where the frog ripped cyclops' goggles off and a huge beam ripped through the roof.

I wish there was a less ugly nightcrawler in the films.

Last edited:

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
All trashola. Beginning of Apocalypse was cool though. Also that scene in (whiever movie) where the frog ripped cyclops' goggles off and a huge beam ripped through the roof.

I wish there was a less ugly nightcrawler in the films.
UnawarePeriodicCrocodileskink-size_restricted.gif

The first xmen movie is so underrated

Oct 25, 2017
A moment of silence for the films that got zero votes (at this time).

X-Men 1.
X-Men 3 The Last Stand.
X-Men Origins Wolverine.
X-Men Apocalypse.
X-Men Dark Phoenix.

Shout out to my favorite in the top 3: First Class.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I voted for Deadpool [2], but I don't really consider it an X-Men movie. (Even Logan -- which fell apart after the farmhouse -- is pushing the limits of that label.)

First Class would be my proper pick.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Logan is fucking great but barely an X-men movie, it's literally about one guy who's done playing superhero/X-Men in his old age.

Days of the future past is the only correct answer. First class gets 7/10 for killing early the one mutant that seemed really interesting and innovative in a fucking while.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Vaugh want Days of Future Past to be the third film in the trilogy but Fox said no?

OP
OP
Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
people saying logan must have blacked out during the second half

What was wrong with the second half?

I actually thought Logan had one of the best third acts in superhero films. A lot of films in the genre tend to have bloated third acts with amped up spectacle that gets kind of exhausting.

Wheres Logan stayed small in scale, which I appreciated. Sometimes less is more.

Last edited:

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
What was wrong with the second half?

I actually thought Logan had one of the best third acts in superhero films. A lot of films in the genre tend to have bloated third acts with amped up spectacle that gets kind of exhausting.

Wheres Logan stayed in small in scale, which I appreciated. Sometimes less is more.
as soon as they brought in edgy dark logan complete with a black hoodie and red eyes i checked the fuck out of that movie

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't consider the deadpool movies part of the franchise. It's Logan > X2 and I have a soft spot for Apocalypse.