• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Links Awakening and Wario Land 1 are easily my most played GB games. Tetris belongs there too. Its THE version of Tetris, though I do have Effect also.

These 3 are the best. I've never tried DK 94, though I really wanted to get it at some point.

TeHi & BuSp

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
MixedPreciousGodwit-size_restricted.gif

Super Mario Land 2 : seems like another system in comparation of the first episode

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I have a Game Boy emulator on my phone just for Tetris haven't found a mobile version of the game that is as good as that one. Although I should probably just get a NES emulator for the NES version.

Anyway, Tetris is probably my favorite.

Also remember playing a lot of a racing game. Don't remember the name but it was one of those where it was semi 3d and moved left and right.

And played a lot Killer Instinct and a lot of Metroid 2. Not sure if I ever beat Metroid.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
It's either Link's Awakening or Pokemon Gold & Silver.

Donkey Kong 94, Super Mario Land 2 (The jump in quality from the quaint first game is insane), Wario Land 2, Pokemon Red & Blue and Gargoyle's Quest are up there too, though.

Really cool to see people realizing how great Gargoyle's Quest is, too.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru, which is sadly Japan only but is pretty simple to get through with some help from a walkthrough and even has an English fan translation if you don't mind playing it on an emulator. Awesome little RPG / platformer hybrid, not only the best GB game but one of my favorite games in general. Killer soundtrack too!

Freddo

Oct 27, 2017
Småland, Sweden
I really enjoyed Final Fantasy Legend III, it was my fav back in those days and probably still is. Link's Awakening is a very good game too though.

Deleted member 6137

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still play Tetris on Game Boy Pocket from time to time.

My second favorite game is Donkey Kong. Followed by Worms.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
Zelda Link's awakening. No contest. Playing this game on GB back then was astounding. And it's still one of the best Zelda with the best story (even if it's not hard...).

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
It's Link's Awakening. It's always been Link's Awakening.

Game Boy Color? Link's Awakening DX. But also Pokémon Gold/Silver, Oracle of Ages and Metal Gear Solid.

Last edited:

NDWest14

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
Easy Answer: Tetris
Other Answer: Pokemon Blue (yeah, just blue, I had blue and I'm sticking to it)

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Link's Awakening, followed by Tetris and Pokemon gold/silver

Edit: forgot final fantasy adventure too

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Pokémon Gold & Silver. So much content crammed into a GB cartridge with so many new features over Gen 1.

brambles13

Oct 27, 2017
One of my all-time favorite systems and the first system I could call my own instead of shared with my brother. It is really hard to narrow the list down to one game.

Final Fantasy Legend 2 and 3, Wario Land 1 and 2, Kirby's Dreamland 1 and 2, Mole Mania, Link's Awakening, SML2, DK94, Pokemon RBY, Donkey Kong Land games, Revenge of the Gator (forgot exact name), all those Kirby spinoffs (I loved them all), and of course Tetris. There were so many 9/10 or more games for me on this platform.

I guess for me the answer is Wario Land, Super Mario Land 3 but it is extremely close. Every game I listed is still a fun game for me to play today.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
Donkey Kong '94 is not only the best Game Boy game, its pretty high up on my favorite games of all time list.