• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright Era what do you think is the best Gameboy game of all time? I mean OG Gameboy. None of this Gameboy Color or GBA stuff.

So what say you?

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I was going to say Pokemon Crystal, but you ruled that out with GBC so I'll say Gold or Silver.

You can still play them on the original Gameboy, it counts!

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Tetris.
I mean it was the absolute system seller and the best version of Tetris basically ever.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Should we just disqualify Tetris from the start or is this going to be a very short discussion?

yoonshik

Oct 26, 2017
d0db60afd28a7bace47598990cbfa75f.gif

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The best ones are those that are relatively timeless, so Tetris and Kirby's Dream Land 1

I can seriously play Kirby's Dream Land any time, anywhere, and have a blast. It's under-appreciated to be honest.

kirbydreamlandc.jpg

DK '94 is also the best game with Donkey Kong in the title

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tetris was the one I played the most for single and multiplayer, just an excellent version. For stuff originating on GB, it's a tough call between Donkey Kong '94 and Link's Awakening. Bionic Commando's also up there.

Phokal

Oct 25, 2017
WI
Link's Awakening.

Shout outs to Tetris, Kirby's Dreamland, and Metal Gear Solid GBC, too, though.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Link's Awakening is way better than any of the first 4 Pokémon games

Link's Awakening is still worth playing in 2019, whereas I can't say the same for Red/Blue/Gold/Silver

I think a more interesting question would be what are the most overlooked/underrated GB games

More people need to check this out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaeru_no_Tame_ni_Kane_wa_Naru (The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls)

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Link's Awakening and it's not really a contest, imo.
Oh wait, Pokemon Silver ran on those as well? I thought they were only on GB Color. Well then...