• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
That's a tough question to answer but I'd probably have to go with Tetris or links awakening although I never played links awakening until I had it on my 3ds. But I used to play Tetris with my friends with the link cable all the time back in the day.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Pokemon Gold/Silver.

That game was HUGE, a lot of fun and great mechanics;

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
d0db60afd28a7bace47598990cbfa75f.gif

Truly the greatest.

Pokemon is a close second for introducing such a strong social aspect to the system and selling a ton of link cables.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Kirby's Dreamland 2
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land
Pokemon: Red & Blue
Donkey Kong (1994)
Final Fantasy Adventure

Assuming we're going only GameBoy and not GameBoy Color

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Megaman V is my favourite, fantastic original game with some of my favourite robot masters in the series.

Link's Awakening, Mystic Quest (FF Adventure), Donkey Kong '94 and Tetris would round out a top 5 for me.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Original GameBoy only the answer is Link's Awakening. If you include GameBoy Color the answer could change to Ghost Babel.

There are a lot of very good original GameBoy games, but Link's Awakening is the best of the best.

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
Im amazed at the fact that how few of you guys said super mario land 2. Its one of the best mario games out there.

Coen

Oct 25, 2017
Antwerp, Belgium
I'd have a hard time choosing, so I'm just going to mention Mole Mania. I'd love a modern update of the game boy, with a backlit screen and a rechargeable battery.

panda-zebra

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
There's only one game I can sit and play on my original gameboy and it's tetris.

So tetris.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Link's Awakening and it's no contest for me. Tetris and Wario Land are also great, and there are plenty of hidden gems on there, but Link's Awakening is just too good.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played a ton of it, but Avenging Spirit is a GB game that hasn't been mentioned here but deserves to be in a discussion of best games on the system.

But Link's Awakening is my overall pick. It's maybe the game most responsible for my love of games in general. Before it, I had mostly just watched my dad and cousins play NES/SNES games. But Link's Awakening was my own adventure. And a huge and trippy adventure, to boot!

Hydes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wario Land II is amazing and worthy of consideration. It also had a DX release on GBC.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played a ton of it, but Avenging Spirit is a GB game that hasn't been mentioned here but deserves to be in a discussion of best games on the system.
It's not in my top GB games but I do think it's underrated (and it's also available on 3DS). It's kind of weird they ported the arcade game to GB instead of a 16-bit console, though.

Manggei

Oct 28, 2017
To me, it's Gargoyle's Quest.
It was oozing atmosphere back in the day and I'm still humming the overworld theme sometimes when wandering through the nature during grey autumn's days.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Well,

Wario Land
Tetris
Zelda
DK 94
Pokemon Red
And that Kirby pinball game

Are my fondest memories of the system

OP
OP
Vanillalite

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Megaman V is my favourite, fantastic original game with some of my favourite robot masters in the series.

Link's Awakening, Mystic Quest (FF Adventure), Donkey Kong '94 and Tetris would round out a top 5 for me.

This is by far the most underrated Gameboy game as well as probably the most overlooked entry into the Mega Man series for sure.

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
Alright Era what do you think is the best Gameboy game of all time? I mean OG Gameboy. None of this Gameboy Color or GBA stuff.

So what say you?

Very easy anwser!

Any GAMEBOY LIGHT model. The original Gameboy is downright unplayable without a backlight.

And if you want to know what the best AND coolest Gameboy is, then the answer is, the Gameboy Light Skeleton

305410207_9c4e1ab602_z.jpg

gb-light-skeleton_177f2.jpg

3377369280_59f3c8ae34_o.jpg

EDIT: Lol, I somehow read "best Gameboy" of all time. Oh well... ^^'