• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm making this thread because I've had an itch to play multiplayer shooters. I'm a huge Halo fan and want to play something in anticipation for Infinite. I've played Apex and it's a fun game, I also played a bit of overwatch. I tried to get into destiny 2 pvp but I don't think it's fun at all. Is there another game I don't know about or a hidden gem that's the best shooter right now?

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
SIEGE definitely.

giphy.gif

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Siege for sure. Splatoon 2 is a close second.

That said, if it weren't for the lack of players, the answer would be Titanfall 2.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
For traditional shoot-stuff-in-the-face without roles or objectives, I actually like blops4 a lot. Has a lot of variety too if you want objective-based modes.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in Siege but it looks like something that would be hard to get into.

I wouldn't say it's the most accessible and the skill ceiling is high, but if you really give it some hours to understand the mechanics it's hooks will def be in you. There's no shooter like it on console.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I guess Apex Legends would get my vote at the moment.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I play BLOPS4, BFV and Battlefront II.

It's a good mix, all easy to get into.

If you need depth, go Siege, OW, but you'll get your ass kicked a lot and for a long time before it gets better.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Does it have to be first person? If not the last of us remastered gets my vote.

Exciting tense gameplay and still has a very healthy population with new players coming in all the time especially the last year or so.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Seige. But if you're just starting out, your experience will be much better if you have some friends who know their way around the game a bit. Otherwise, get ready for a pretty painful initiation period.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Splatoon 2, r6s and apex legends are probably the ones I've played the most this gen
Very different but all very fun

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
Does it have to be first person? If not the last of us remastered gets my vote.

Exciting tense gameplay and still has a very healthy population with new players coming in all the time especially the last year or so.

Really? That's kinda exciting... I used to love playing TLOU online on PS3 with my buddies. Would have never guessed it was still active all these years later.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Siege does have horrific NetCode though, or at least it did when I was playing it close to launch. Enough to ruin the entire experience for me. On the NetCode side of things, the difference between something like Siege and BFV was like they were two gens apart.

P.S. My phone is adamant that NetCode should be written like that lol

Kas'

Oct 26, 2017
Battlefield 1 is my favorite console multiplayer shooter this gen. Could be my favorite Battlefield ever which is saying something for me. Played Battlefield V for a day or two and went back to 1.

Second is Halo 5. It's the best for 4v4 type matches. I still think it's one of the weakest multiplayer Halos just because of boost. I just feel Halo is better with the original pace, speed, movement of the Bungie games. But I digress.

Still have not played Siege and don't know if I can right now cause I know I'll probably like it and it'll be a timesink for me.

Smoothcb

Oct 27, 2017
Blackout has been my go to since it launched. I do binge and purge playing so it's kept somewhat fresh. Just can't beat the emergent gameplay

Oct 17, 2018

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you're into Halo then Apex is for you and your friends. It plays very similar in awareness, shooting, movement etc. Honestly a few of us old Halo buddies never got into PUBG or Fortnite but Apex is for us.

Also Doom, well worth checking out of the FPS campaign side of things.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
You say this, but I watched a live pro game a few weeks ago and as soon as I tuned in, one of the defending team dudes was just crouched in a corner looking at a doorway.
yes, playing anchor and holding angles are a thing, my response isn't to say the playstyle doesn't exist, it's to play differently if it's boring for you. Other styles of play exist is my point.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Star Wars: Battlefront 2 for your larger scale stuff.
Rainbow Six: Siege for your competitive stuff.
Paladins: Champion of the Realm for your "huh, this is better than Overwatch!" stuff.
Titanfall 2 for your "huh, this is better than every other shooter this generation!" stuff.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
Like others already mentioned: Siege. Probably the best fps of this gen. Sure takes some time to get used to but it's worth it in the end.