• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That title only will result in people just posting their favorite MP game without reading the OP and see what you really ask. ;)

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
If you have 2 people to play with regularly then Apex is great, also seem since season 2 the matchmaking is a lot better. Siege is great as well although we mainly play against AI.

Jan 10, 2018
Overwatch, without a doubt. There's a reason it was concidered GOTY the year it was released; something that practically never happens with online shooters.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
My favourites this gen

Halo 5
Overwatch

But Rainbow 6 Siege is a hidden gem, I think people have overlooked it.
I wasn't really a big fan of the old games, but the class based characters , really tight controls and asymmetrical objective play ( like the 1 bomb games in halo) really appeals to me.

Last edited:

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
There's nothing like Siege, but it requires a lot of skill to enter and has an insanely high skill ceiling. You should watch some YouTube videos to help you get into it or you could ask helo in the OT on Era.

LORANT92

Oct 28, 2017
Hungary
BO4 is generally fun and has a large enough player base.

BFV is not as dead on consoles as on PC and if you're on Xbox it's included in EA access (will be available that way on PS4 later this month) so don't buy it outright, especially since the last patch did fuck all to solve major issues.

Siege is good but you'll get your teeth kicked in if you're just starting out, same goes for Overwatch although not to that extent

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Besides Apex Legends: Titanfall 1+ 2, Gears 4, Rainbow 6 Siege and Battlefield 1 for me.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
Overwatch is my most played game of this generation and oddly I am more of a RPG guy.
30 heroes with their own unique gameplay and the level of polish makes it a great game.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Also Doom, well worth checking out of the FPS campaign side of things.

The multiplayer is also worth checking to be honest! Probably one of the best fast FPS of this gen, and now that it's been updated to unlock all the weapons & ability from the get-go, you don't have any grind to do.

It's probably my Top FPS for this gen.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
It's Halo 5 or the MCC.

As a Halo fan I couldn't get into Siege at all.

It doesn't have the incredible moment to moment gameplay which makes Halo so fun to play.

Halo and Siege are about as far apart as two FPS titles can be.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Firewall on PSVR with an Aim Controller is the best multiplayer FPS game on a console right now especially if you like the Rainbow style of games. It has literally ruined playing FPS games on a TV for me as they all seem so boring and un-immersive by comparison.

Oct 25, 2017
BO4, it's really fun even if you didn't like previous COD games.
I would not recommend Black Ops 4 to a new player. Someone that is just starting out will have missed out on battle pass weapons that have now been placed into loot boxes, and they also placed a bunch of overpowered guns into the loot boxes without them having been in the battle pass. A new player will have a lower chance of getting one of the OP loot box exclusive guns because weapon bribe boxes include the old battle pass guns as well.

The monetization in the game is really bad and the game will die after Modern Warfare comes out. Black Ops 4 is worse than most F2P games out there with its microtransactions.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Really? That's kinda exciting... I used to love playing TLOU online on PS3 with my buddies. Would have never guessed it was still active all these years later.
Yeah it's pretty active. At the most you get a minute or two waiting for matchmaking.

Guess loads of new people are playing in preparation for tlou2.

There are some way op purchase only weapons though but the use of them seems to have died off

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
I'm making this thread because I've had an itch to play multiplayer shooters. I'm a huge Halo fan and want to play something in anticipation for Infinite. I've played Apex and it's a fun game, I also played a bit of overwatch. I tried to get into destiny 2 pvp but I don't think it's fun at all. Is there another game I don't know about or a hidden gem that's the best shooter right now?

Somehow I'd go with Titanfall 2. Exceptional multiplayer shooter.

Also, Overwatch is still a champion.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
titanfall 2 is hands down the best MP shooter of the generation, but the strict mechanics make people run away from it.
Overwatch is still fun, if you get a team running.

Destiny 2 gunplay is amazing.

beni12

Oct 25, 2017
I would not recommend Black Ops 4 to a new player. Someone that is just starting out will have missed out on battle pass weapons that have now been placed into loot boxes, and they also placed a bunch of overpowered guns into the loot boxes without them having been in the battle pass. A new player will have a lower chance of getting one of the OP loot box exclusive guns because weapon bribe boxes include the old battle pass guns as well.

The monetization in the game is really bad and the game will die after Modern Warfare comes out. Black Ops 4 is worse than most F2P games out there with its microtransactions.
Yes, you are right but they promised that players will be able to unlocks weapons with contracts and community challenges. also there is only one overpowered weapon that added in post launch updates.
after MW release BO4 playerbase will take a hit but it won't die. (same as BO3 and WW2)

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Firewall on PSVR with an Aim Controller is the best multiplayer FPS game on a console right now especially if you like the Rainbow style of games. It has literally ruined playing FPS games on a TV for me as they all seem so boring and un-immersive by comparison.

I tried it during that free weekend and thought it was great, don't have the AIM controller though but I can see how that'd make it 10 times better. Only thing i wasn't sure about was how active was the community, is it hard to get games?

MrCow

Oct 30, 2017
count me in for Titanfall 2
varied modes, fast paced gameplay and unique robots. even the same game can feel completely different by just choosing a different weapon, class or titan.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The multiplayer is also worth checking to be honest! Probably one of the best fast FPS of this gen, and now that it's been updated to unlock all the weapons & ability from the get-go, you don't have any grind to do.

It's probably my Top FPS for this gen.

Nice to know, thanks. I'll have to give it a go.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection, easily.

Surprised I didn't mention MCC. It's in great shape these days, if your region has population searching.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I'm interested in Siege but it looks like something that would be hard to get into.

I'll echo siege. I play on both PC and Console.

Newcomer mode is good for starting players as it helps familirise yourself with the maps and basic ways of how to aim. Just look up youtube videos for operators, and use newcomer mode to learn strats and sightlines.

It's not as difficult to actually get into as i thought.

Titanfall 2 is superb aswell, but difficult in finding games at times. But its worth it just for the single player alone

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Ive tried Siege. Didn't like it. It was way more fast paced and loosey goosey feeling than i expected. Feels like COD blops 4 more than the old Vegas games
I've tried Overwatch. Its cool. But didn't hook me long enough. I dont like objective modes like this
Splatoon 2 doesn't have the magic of the first one for me
Destiny 2 has too many balance issues and the fact that you have to play PVE to get the good guns for PVP
BLOPS 4....the aim assist in that game is crazy. It might as well be lock-on

TitanFall 2 is my pick. Its not perfect. But its the right balance of fun and least offensive to my sensibilities

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone saying TF2 is compelling me to suggest TF1. Technically this gen, and *much* better maps and Titans.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested in Siege but it looks like something that would be hard to get into.

The newcomer playlist they added should help a ton since you won't be thrown straight into the deep end with experienced players. One upside/downside is there's only three maps in the newcomer playlist, so you can familiarize yourself with them, but it may get boring only playing on three maps.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Splatoon 2

If only because it allows such a broad range of skill levels. Even if you aren't one shot aim god mcgee you can contribute in a match in all sorts of ways and creative means.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars Battlefront 2. Fun modes and not as competitive as some of the other shooters out there so I find it more enjoyable to play. Support and updates feel frequent enough for me to always be excited with what's around the corner. It's a great game now.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Splatoon 2 on core gameplay. It needs modern online features though like a cloud account system, voice chat not on your phone, better lobbies, etc.