• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Console MP shooters are ass compared to when you play it on PC in many aspects. I have recently seen the light
Only good one for consoles is Splatoon

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I feel like there's been a bit of a drought recently when it comes to really good multiplayer shooters on console. There have been some okay ones out there but nothing that really excels in my opinion. I'm optimistic that Gears 5 will change that.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on how you play.

If you've got a group of people to play with R6: Siege is outstanding. It works well as both a sweaty, go-big or go home competitive experience, but it also works well as a game that you can fuck around in and make some weird, outlandish plays in. However, if you're solo-queueing then the toxic community might be a bit of a turnoff. That said, Siege is also a very slowly paced game, and if you try to play fast and loose you'll likely get frustrated quickly.

Overwatch is in a similar boat, great with friends, terrible toxic community that can sap your enjoyment if you're solo-queueing. Overwatch is also much faster than Siege, so if you're looking for something less methodical and more manic, it might be worth trying.

A major problem with both games however is that you've got a lot of learning you need to do in regards to character picks and counter picks. There are 48 operators in Siege and 30 heroes in Overwatch. Each of them is tailored to do something specific and what's more, each of them has unique interactions with other player's characters. So you not only need to memorize what your character does and how it can be most effectively utilized, you need to learn how your character interacts with other characters. Then you need to learn which characters counter other characters, ect. ect. It can be a bit of a logistical nightmare.

If you don't mind an older shooter, Battlefield 4 still has a very active playerbase and it works incredibly well as a game you can just pick up and play; you can get all the base game and all the map-packs for next to nothing and I'd consider BF4 one of the greatest multiplayers of all time.
I stopped going into team chat in Overwatch. I didn't even find it very toxic but was just a bit pointless so much of the time.

After I quit going into chat, I reached my career high 😆
I'm usually in platinum, sometimes dropping into gold.

It's also not hard to understand synergy, not that a new player would need to anyway.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
Don't play on console anymore, but splatoon 2 was a fun game, low stress and no one screaming at you. I put some hours into Halo 5, but I'm thinking so have you.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Overwatch. It's an easy GOTG contender for me, and I don't even like multiplayer shooters all that much anymore.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yeah I'm also going with Siege. The game is just amazing. It would have been Titanfall 2 if the game actually had a player base. Black Ops 4 is also quite good if you can stomach their ridiculous monetization.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Rainbow Six Siege is one of the finest multiplayer games ever made, and it's in it's prime. It's also active and healthy enough to know it's going to be around for years to come so there is some confidence there. Don't miss out on it! There is also a newcomers playlist not so don't worry about being thrown into high level stuff.

BFV is probably the best playing Battlefield ever but the drip feed of content and issues like bugs and the menus being terrible might keep you away. Give it a try if you want that BF experience though.

For Battle Royales you really can't go wrong with either Fortnite or Apex. They're both really good.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Siege is a seriously good game, one of the generation's finest. Probably the only MP-focused title I'd say that about.