• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Orange

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Charleston, South Carolina
Double Dragon Neon

CsEssp4.gif

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
Of the ones already mentioned ICO, Super Mario Land and Portal stick out to me.

The staff roll of Kirby's Fun Pak / Kirby Super Star has a special place in my heart.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Some of my faves that haven't being posted:

And my one true "i cri evry tiem" one:

Honorable mention (since it wouldn't let me post more):

Viewtiful Joe and SMB3

Reznik

Oct 25, 2017
Cronocross hands down. My memory is weak but either it was at the credits or the map. It was melancholic and beautiful.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
So glad to see you made your way here! <3 I honestly thought you were gonna be the first to post the VIII credits, haha. But yes, #TeamJess and #TeamVIII is where it's at.
I've been busy ; ;

I will try harder next time since I need to live up to my former past of constantly talking and praising VIII :P

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

A lovely mixture of triumph, reminiscence, resolution and adventure. It's still pretty awesome that the guys behind DKC2: Serious Monkey Business were able to get David Wise, Grant Kirkhope, and Robin Beanland (the three Rareware musician legends) to remix it for their album.

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
Both Super Mario Land and Earthbound have top-notch ending themes.

And my one true "i cri evry tiem" one:

Here's my actual winner. And yes, this song also makes me a little misty-eyed... but that might have more to do with the fact I beat this for the first time with all my sisters watching and we were so happy we all just lost our minds and that goofy memory has stuck with me.

GetSmoked

Oct 25, 2017
I have to agree with all the Nier Automata posts. It's too hard to beat

Although, I am also a fan of pretty much every MGS credits theme.

Theodoricos

Oct 25, 2017
My personal favorite would have to be this beautiful piece. It makes the already powerful ending of Final Fantasy X even more poignant.

Minako

Oct 25, 2017
Since people have already posted the end credits music for Persona 3-5, I'll be the one who drops Persona 2 in here as well.

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
One that got me the most and that comes to mind the quickest is most definitely The Walking Dead Episode 5's ending credits:

Coming right after
Lee's death (should he be shot by Clem at least) and Clem being left all alone.
It is a really nice song to keep the tone consistent.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brings a tear to the eye don't it:

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
How is it that I can get emotional of a credits theme...of a racing game?

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Mass Effect is the one that instantly comes to mind (saw it posted a few times already). I'm not sure how it stacks up in the end, but it may be the only one I actually remember.

No wait...Paul McCartney's contribution to Destiny is one I remember too...though it doesn't belong in this thread.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Some recent faves:

Old Battlefield from Fire Emblem Awakening

And of course, Breath of the Wild.

Splatoon 2's credits music didn't really stack up to the original for me. Another type of credits music I really like is the medley of all the songs in the game. A personal favorite of mine is the one from Kid Icarus Uprising: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDqJa1RC3q8

Yeah dude I love this. Splatoon 1's OST is iconic.