• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I want to play some Guitar Hero games and Burnout 3, but I only used Snes and Ps1 in my entire life, I heard that we can change textures and optimize the graphics, any tips?

Waaghals

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, you need to go with PCSX2. I played my copy of burnout 3 on it, and it ran well enough, but with some minor graphic corruption.

However, be advised that you need to rip a PS2 BIOS from your console, that can be pretty daunting.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
you've got 1 choices:
1. PCSX2

This right here. You may have to make some tweaks to settings but once you get everything set its great.

I ripped dragon quest 8 and persona 3 fes and both are beautiful with widescreen patches. Most games work great...except for one of my faves, spiderman 2, which I'm still waiting on a fix for.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Yeah you get PCSX2. It works well enough for a lot of games but use the wiki to see any specific issues and solutions for whatever you want to play. Seems like development slowed over the years and has never gotten to the level of Dolphin which is surprising due to how popular the PS2 is/was

Deleted member 11926

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not buying a PS4 (yes, I am salty...)

Serious answer: I agree with the other guys, PCSX2 is the way to go.

OP
OP
Era of not Yakuza
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Guitar Hero 3 doesn't work very well, unfortunately

WLoO5jt.jpg

OP
OP
Era of not Yakuza
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
User Banned (1 Day): Please do not discuss or promote piracy on ResetEra.
Are you using software rendering? Hardware rendering can cause graphical glitches based on a quick Google search.

If you intend to play a lot of games using PCSX2, you'll quickly find that you'll need to make custom adjustments very frequently.
You are right, i'm reading some wikis about it. Nevertheless, I got guitar Hero 80, and works fine, since it's the superior game I'm ok for now.

Last edited:

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
However, be advised that you need to rip a PS2 BIOS from your console, that can be pretty daunting.

I remember it being very easy, it's been a while since I did it but I remember just running a file on a USB. Granted, I already had freemencard or something installed, which again, I didn't find too hard to set up. It's been a long time though.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Since this appears to be a thread about piracy, we are closing it immediately to further replies. Do not discuss or promote piracy on ResetEra.

Status
Not open for further replies.