• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CSMITHY84

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I want this to come to XSX or PS5!! Or else im gonna have to buy a gaming PC to play this!! I watch streams everyday when i can.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So how do I know if I was killed by a player, a scav or a player scav?

One of the name when I got killed had a golden crown next to it so I assume that it was a player but the next one didnt...

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017

One of the name when I got killed had a golden crown next to it so I assume that it was a player but the next one didnt...

Scavs will have a random Russian name, not a user name, the golden crown means that player owns the most expensive version of the game.

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
I've been keen on this game since it was first announced by the Stalker peeps. Now is my time. Australian servers?

Yep there's a Sydney server, but you can also select multiple servers at once so you can get faster matchmaking(you can actually choose to play on any of the servers in any region as well). I get around 130 ping to the Singapore server and haven't noticed any lag and it feels as smooth as playing on the OCE server.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Only way to currently tell the difference between scavs and player scavs is behaviour and loot. There's no difference in the stats screen.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yep there's a Sydney server, but you can also select multiple servers at once so you can get faster matchmaking(you can actually choose to play on any of the servers in any region as well). I get around 130 ping to the Singapore server and haven't noticed any lag and it feels as smooth as playing on the OCE server.
Brilliant thanks!

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm another person who has been taken by surprise with the explosion of exposure for this game from streamers, I've always had an interest in but had no idea what you actually do, and the more I watch the more captivating it looks.

Gutted I missed the recent sale, but may just have to buy the standard edition to get in on the action.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm another person who has been taken by surprise with the explosion of exposure for this game from streamers, I've always had an interest in but had no idea what you actually do, and the more I watch the more captivating it looks.

Gutted I missed the recent sale, but may just have to buy the standard edition to get in on the action.

Those streamers were hungry to play any other shooter than wasn't Fortnite or Apex Legends imo.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I've been interested in the game for quite awhile but wasn't sure if it was going to have any 'teeth' to it; IE would people really keep playing // will it continue to grow? I was out of the country for the new year sale and twitch drops but since i've been back i've checked Twitch out a couple times and EFT has been holding on up there. Finally bought the game last night; had some fun but it is indeed quite complicated.

Looking at the .12 patch notes it really seems like now is a good time to come into the game; they've added a lot of major features and fixed a lot of bugs. Reading the subreddit the #1 complaint is that the servers are too dang busy and it takes awhile to find a match.. I almost think of it as a good issue in that people really want to play. Hopefully the server infrastructure can keep up. The devs seem to be a little problematic but given that it's from Russia I suppose i'm not surprised they have some questionable opinions. Probably trying to cater to what they think is their crowd in Russia rather than from a global mindset.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
When do we expect .13? With the hope of Steam Audio coming it sounds like it would be a good time to start.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
When do we expect .13? With the hope of Steam Audio coming it sounds like it would be a good time to start.

I think .13 as in next major patch is 5 or so months out, but Steam Audio wont be part of it. Steam Audio supposedly is coming before that in one of smaller patches. Next major patch will bring Streets of Tarkov, biggest and most complex map to date, etc.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
I think .13 as in next major patch is 5 or so months out, but Steam Audio wont be part of it. Steam Audio supposedly is coming before that in one of smaller patches. Next major patch will bring Streets of Tarkov, biggest and most complex map to date, etc.

Thanks. Been watching quite a bit. I want to jump in but $45 no questions, substitutions, or refunds is a steep ask for me right now if I end up not getting into it. I might just have to live vicariously through streamers.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
I broke and bought this game a few days ago after resisting for awhile, and it's easily one of the best games I've ever played. I die before all my friends but hell, it's a lot of fun.

One thing I noticed so far is the lack of built in map has made me pay attention to my surroundings much more then any other game. I was surprised at how quickly I was memorizing stuff.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Love tarkov. Right click gun > reload > this ammo is incompatible

Then why the fuck did you load it in there.

Sims or in depth games are ok but not when it's oh you loaded the right gun powder mixture but the alloys comprising your shells are incompatible. Please try reforging your metals until it's below 39.7466377328474628% aluminum.

Oct 27, 2017
I broke and bought this game a few days ago after resisting for awhile, and it's easily one of the best games I've ever played. I die before all my friends but hell, it's a lot of fun.

One thing I noticed so far is the lack of built in map has made me pay attention to my surroundings much more then any other game. I was surprised at how quickly I was memorizing stuff.
I noticed this first with the Souls franchise years ago and it's made me hyper aware of just how reliant I become on a minimap when it's in a game. I might as well be playing a 2D version half the time because often I'm only looking at the map.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Checked out some videos of this game and even though it's been a long time since I've played this type of game I'm very interested.
I am curious if a 980Ti will be able to run it decently though?
Also their site was a tad confusing with the different options to purchase. Does getting the base version mean one can play right now?
Very much on the fence here but it looks damn interesting overall.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Checked out some videos of this game and even though it's been a long time since I've played this type of game I'm very interested.
Also their site was a tad confusing with the different options to purchase. Does getting the base version mean one can play right now?

It's one of the best shooters I've ever played. For a lot of reasons.

Buying any version gives you instant access, yes. And you can always upgrade later for the difference in price.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Tarkov needs it's own thread. Been pouring hours into it recently. Love the game, even with its frustrations
It's got one.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/escape-from-tarkov-Побег-из-Таркова.80818/

I've been watching CohhCarnage's YouTube playlist of this as he learned the game and I find it incredibly compelling. I love the loot loop and would love to see what the first accessible version of this looks like. I'll probably pick it up on the next sale even though I've only got a 970 and I'll be garbage at it.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Sale.

Twitch integration.

All of the big Fortnite streamers are SUPER bored, waiting for the new season to start.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Sale.

Twitch integration.

All of the big Fortnite streamers are SUPER bored, waiting for the new season to start.

1) Game is on sale often

2) Eh

3) They must be pulling shit numbers in Tarkov then as I don't recall any particularly new names in directory, but long time Tarkov streamers have gotten boost across the board for their numbers

Could it just be that game finally broke through a bit and people just like it? Feels so weird that people are reaching for any other reason why game is suddenly bit popular other than it just might be good game to watch.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Could it just be that game finally broke through a bit and people just like it? Feels so weird that people are reaching for any other reason why game is suddenly bit popular other than it just might be good game to watch.

I see all kinds of reductive takes like that "Tarkov is only popular right now because the devs are handing out paychecks to the top streamers" which if you knew BSG you would know that's some absolutely hilarious bullshit.

I've been playing Tarkov and watching it on twitch for years now because, as many people are starting to figure out, there's nothing else close to Tarkov on the market. This explosion in popularity is entirely due to the merit and uniquity of the game itself.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Game looks brilliant, too bad I don't own a gaming PC.

There's hope for a console port though, since PUBG also came eventually.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Game looks brilliant, too bad I don't own a gaming PC.

There's hope for a console port though, since PUBG also came eventually.
What you might not gather from just watching Tarkov is the very complex control scheme even for KB/M

For instance, how to check your magazine's ammo is Left Alt + T, Shift+T lets you check the guns chamber, mouse wheel incrementally controls your walking speed, holding c and mouse scrolling controls your stance incrementally (very important), you can modify a lean with left alt to fire from cover, like in arma you can turn your characters head independent of where they are looking with the mousewheel, T turns on your tactical attachment, alt+T cycles through attachments various modes. I'm leaving out quite a lot, but you get the idea, it's a lot more complicated than your standard FPS like PUBG.

Without some serious design compromises, Tarkov's complex gameplay simply isn't going to work on a gamepad.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
What you might not gather from just watching Tarkov is the very complex control scheme even for KB/M

For instance, how to check your magazine's ammo is Left Alt + T, Shift+T lets you check the guns chamber, mouse wheel incrementally controls your walking speed, holding c and mouse scrolling controls your stance incrementally (very important), you can modify a lean with left alt to fire from cover, like in arma you can turn your characters head independent of where they are looking with the mousewheel, T turns on your tactical attachment, alt+T cycles through attachments various modes. I'm leaving out quite a lot, but you get the idea, it's a lot more complicated than your standard FPS like PUBG.

Without some serious design compromises, Tarkov's complex gameplay simply isn't going to work on a gamepad.

Hope my post didn't came off as port begging lol

Hmm ok, too bad.
Gotta admit, I only watched some videos and know the elevator pitch of the game, but the more I hear the more intrigued I get.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
The cool thing in Tarkov is that you can play as a SCAV (enemy NPC) sometimes (it's on cooldown). So if you're worried about dying with your main and loosing stuff, you can just do some SCAV runs - you spawn as a random NPC, other NPCs don't attack you, you can kill other players or just loot stuff and extract.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
The lack of women really jives with Gamer Culture, so of course it's big on Twitch.

Micro

Oct 28, 2017
Got into it with the recent popularity surge. I swear I spend more time flipping items in the market than actually playing lol.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My 960 was good enough so I don't think that would be a problem.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
1) Game is on sale often

2) Eh

3) They must be pulling shit numbers in Tarkov then as I don't recall any particularly new names in directory, but long time Tarkov streamers have gotten boost across the board for their numbers

jesus, I'm sorry if I offended you, just pointing out that a lot of big Fortnite streamers have been playing it a ton lately while they wait for the new season for Fortnite.

it's not an affront on the quality of the game.

Tfue, Cloakzy, DrLupo, timthetatman, 72hrs, and several others have dropped into it a lot pretty recently. Which is a good thing?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
jesus, I'm sorry if I offended you, just pointing out that a lot of big Fortnite streamers have been playing it a ton lately while they wait for the new season for Fortnite.

it's not an affront on the quality of the game.

Tfue, Cloakzy, DrLupo, timthetatman, 72hrs, and several others have dropped into it a lot pretty recently. Which is a good thing?

You didn't offend and I didn't mean to single you out like that. Was wrong of me now in hindsight. Just seen quite a few posts that come across as bit of reaching for excuses for why Tarkov is getting viewership while not acknowledging actual merits of game itself.

DrLupo is one of long term Tarkov streamers, more on and off type than most long termers.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1) Game is on sale often

2) Eh

Were summit, dr disrespect, and lirik regularly playing tarkov before the twitch drops event?

It's pretty obvious that the twitch drops combined with a sale is the primary reason the game exploded recently. I know I bought it because of that. I've watched shroud play it on and off since forever but never bought it b/c it looked too early and too hardcore. The sale and twitch drops pushed me over the edge and I jumped in.

Saying that it blew up from of a twitch promotion isn't an insult to the game, it's acknowledging that their marketing strategy worked. If the game sucked, people would have stopped caring the moment the promotion ended. The twitch viewer numbers are still high and the game's servers are fucked pretty much every day still which would indicate that people are enjoying the game.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Were summit, dr disrespect, and lirik regularly playing tarkov before the twitch drops event?

It's pretty obvious that the twitch drops combined with a sale is the primary reason the game exploded recently. I know I bought it because of that. I've watched shroud play it on and off since forever but never bought it b/c it looked too early and too hardcore. The sale and twitch drops pushed me over the edge and I jumped in.

Saying that it blew up from of a twitch promotion isn't an insult to the game, it's acknowledging that their marketing strategy worked. If the game sucked, people would have stopped caring the moment the promotion ended. The twitch viewer numbers are still high and the game's servers are fucked pretty much every day still which would indicate that people are enjoying the game.

Summit was streaming it on and off (he played at least 2 of the wipes pretty heavily) but had quit until the recent blowup. Him and Shroud streaming it made it get pretty big prior to the drop event as well, and I do know a lot of the community kept blaming Shroud playing it on the new players everywhere.

It's really noticeable how many people are playing it now compared to around 1 to 1.5 years ago. I almost never had server issues up until the boom in population recently. I'm glad the game is taking off though, as it's one of the few games I've put hundreds of hours into and I really hope it continues to do well.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I watched a little bit of the game here and there so far. It's pretty interesting for sure. I heard something about the game getting alot of twitch bots that brought it to top viewed initially and then went from there or something like that?

I believe the game involves a real loss souls-like mechanic, like if you survive multiple matches, you can take the loot to the next match as long as you survive consecutive matches which I thought was a pretty cool concept you don't see in games lately.

It does have a lot of stuff going for it for sure though. I'm interested in seeing what it's about further for sure.

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a little bit of the game here and there so far. It's pretty interesting for sure. I heard something about the game getting alot of twitch bots that brought it to top viewed initially and then went from there or something like that?

I believe the game involves a real loss souls-like mechanic, like if you survive multiple matches, you can take the loot to the next match as long as you survive consecutive matches which I thought was a pretty cool concept you don't see in games lately.

It does have a lot of stuff going for it for sure though. I'm interested in seeing what it's about further for sure.

They had Twitch drops around Christmas which proved extremely popular, and isn't surprising in a game where you can lose a lot of good/expensive gear very quickly. So it was nice to get some free gifts when you've lost so much good gear. I first watched this game being streamed on Twitch a few years or so ago, but I thought it was too slow and complicated and still needed a bit more time in the oven. I finally jumped in at Christmas and it does require a lot of patience and dedication to learn the mechanics and systems, but like anything it is so worth it when everything starts clicking and you start getting better and better.

The basic premise is spawn into a map, loot stashes/crates/bodies and kill SCAVs(can be AI or player-controlled) and other PMC's(this is your main character/player account) and take their gear, and extract out of the map with all your loot which you then get to keep and put in your stash. You can only complete quests and tasks and gain XP with your PMC character though, and if you die your loot is up for grabs for any other player to take. You can insure the gear you take in, but it will only be returned to you if no-one else loots it for themselves. It's pretty easy to have successive runs where you die and lose your entire load-out, which isn't fun or cheap...

You can also spawn in as a player-SCAV which gives you random gear and loot, usually a bit underpowered and little to no armour, but you can spawn in with powerful weapons and expensive loot at times. If you extract using a SCAV you get to transfer your loot to your PMC/main character, so many times I avoid all fights and just run to the extraction zone and sell the gear I have.

After 90 hours or so of this game, what I like most is that no matter how well geared you or your opponent are, you can still die in a single bullet or two. I've taken down players/teams who have way better gear than me just because I've spotted them first or had better positioning/aim/bullets. You're never invincible in this game, anyone can kill anyone.

This was a level 22 player I killed just before with a single shot in the face. I spawned in as a player-SCAV and I wasn't sure if they were a SCAV or PMC which is why I didn't instantly shoot, but they had ~600k worth of gear on them I took and extracted with. The game can be very brutal and very rewarding.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I've been watching twitch streamers playing this game and I still see a lack of action everytime. I get so bored even after watching for an hour but I've been curious since I've heard good things yet I don't see it.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've been watching twitch streamers playing this game and I still see a lack of action everytime. I get so bored even after watching for an hour but I've been curious since I've heard good things yet I don't see it.
There are some people who like to play the game as a stealth action game rather than a FPS, it can be fun, but it doesn't make for very good watching. For some high octane action, watch people like dangheesling for example.

Najaf

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
New wipe is great. I was really worried that VOIP was going to be terrible typical internet garbage, but it has really been amazing. Teaming up is fun and nerve racking at the same time. I helped a poor guy get to extract with his gas analyzer and it is one of my top moments ever in this game. The new lighthouse map really brings out the PvE aspect as the rogues are a big threat to everyone. And here I thought I was going to skip this wipe and wait for streets.