• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3534

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Throwing out all pretention, what is the movie you've laughed the hardest and longest at?

I say throwing out all pretentions because while we all love Dr. Strangelove and other highbrow comedies, I scarcely believe that they're the kinds of movies that give you constant, almost to the point of being uncomfortable, belly laughs.

Going purely by hardest I've laughed and longest I've laughed I think I have it narrowed down to two movies:

Jackass 2: I was pretty much the perfect age for this when it came out and I was going through quite a tomboy phase. This movie made me laugh until it hurt.

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit the Glorious Nation of Kazakstan.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
c831317ddb7dea09b4ff4e5000418e28--film-movie-movies.jpg

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure i've ever laughed at a movie to be honest. I like funny movies but just inside my head i guess.

Anyway. Hot Fuzz.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Don't think it's a common choice, but What we do in the shadows had me laughing my ass off since the first few lines. Just hit the perfect spot for me.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The most I can remember laughing at a film is probably some kind of tie between:
Borat
The Naked Gun
Anchorman.

The first time I watched each of them I can remember struggling to breathe at points.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure anything will make me laugh as much as being 15 years old, with a huge group of friends at an opening night showing of South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a toss up between Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and The Nice Guys. Shane Black is a genius and RDJ & Val Kilmer and Gosling & Crow respectively elevate his work even further.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I love comedies but I'm having a real hard time figuring out what the funniest movie I've ever seen is, which is kinda sad. As I've gotten older my taste in comedy has changed. I'm assuming stand up specials or whatever are kinda cheating. Walk Hard, Step Brothers, Anchorman, and Talladega Nights all seemed to be some of my favorites that come to mind though. Going back a couple more years Adam Sandler ruled my childhood.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Step Brothers
21 and 22 Jump Street
Superbad
The Other Guys
Hot Fuzz
Ferris Bueller
Coming To America

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'll never forget my first time watching Kung Pow. My family and friends continue to quote that movie relentlessly so many years later.

Oh and also the Nicolas Cage remake of The Wicker Man.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
It really depends on the environment Im in. Im laughing a hell of a lot more when Im watching a movie with a group of friends compared to being alone.

But yeah, There's something about Mary and Happy Gillmore destroyed me.

Oct 27, 2017
The Jerk.
I'll never get the love for Borat - 45 minutes into it neither I or my now ex-wife had even cracked a smile before turning it off.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
The Gods Must be Crazy
Better Off Dead & One Crazy Summer(old skool John Cusack)
Bad Santa
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
The Naked Gun
Airplane!

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pee Wee's Big Adventure, probably. I've been watching it for like 30 years and basically every part of it is still funny to me.
peeweesbigadventuresnakes.png

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not the funniest movies I've ever seen, but both Don't be a Menace and Death to Smoochy will probably always be my two favorite comedies.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I think Borat is one of the films that has most made me laugh out loud.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
The first time I ever watched Borat, that was a riot all the way through. I wonder if I would find it funny now?

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Hard to say but Old School, MP: The Holy Grail and Men in Tights are up there.

Edit: Also naked gun.

Edit 2: Oh yeah, how could I forget Kung Fu Hustle?