• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whiteside

Oct 28, 2017
Norfolk, UK
The film that made me laugh the most was the South Park movie which I saw at the cinema. It doesn't do as well on multiple viewings like other comedies e.g. Anchorman, but damn the initial shock value of the gags had me in stiches the whole way through.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hot Fuzz. It's like a comedic neutron star with how dense and layered much of its gags are.

Oct 30, 2017
Nothing comes remotely close to either Borat or Team America World Police. Every other "comedy" is literally just scripted laugh tracks at best. These 2 movies had me almost pissing myself, even today.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
Holy Grail had me rolling on the floor. Testament to the film that it still gets a laugh out of me after all these years.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's been a ton of my favorites already listed here, so I'll add Superbad. The first time I saw the dick drawing scene I fucking lost it.

"You know what kinds of foods are shaped like dicks?? The best kind!!"

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Walk Hard The Dewey Cox story
Espicially the unrated overly long edition
The Disco era kills me
F-U Patrick Duffy has me rolling every time
Most underrated comedy of the decade

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
main.jpg

There we are. After that, This Is Spinal Tap and The Big Lebowski for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Jackass: The Movie. Went to a midnight screening, so I was already tired. By the end I had laughed myself to the point of exhaustion, almost had to be carried out.

For traditional comedies, it's a toss-up between Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles.

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Borat
Wedding Crashers
Tropic Thunder
Dodgeball
Team America

Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and Life of Brian destroyed me too, but never saw them at the cinema.

All slayed me at the cinema.

Galleren

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Friday
Don't be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the hood
Ace Ventura
Role Models
Blazing Saddles

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Probably Superbad or Tucker and Dale vs Evil. The former is one of my all time favorites, the latter seriously fucked me up with the woodchipper scene. It caught me so off guard and I legitimately had to pause the movie because five minutes later I was still laughing and missing everything. I laughed a few other times throughout but that one scene got me better than any other movie ever.

cloudzack117

Oct 25, 2017
Animal House, Hot Rod, Ted/Ted 2, and A Million Ways to Die in the West.

Pretty much any scene in Animal House that has john Belushi in it is great. The horse prank, food fight("I'm a zit!") and the "Pearl Harbor" speech at the end. But my favorite scene is the part where they go to the female college and pretend to have been dating a girl who had died to hook up with her roomates. That's the funniest thing I've ever seen in a movie, and it makes me sad that given how advanced we are today from back then that I'll never be able to pull that move off.

I think there was a big thread on gaf not too long ago talking about hot rod. That's one of those movies where all the best lines just come out of nowhere. Best scene is samberg dancing in the woods.

I guess I'm the only mcfarlene fan here, I love his humor but I can see where it's not for everyone

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Top 5 in no particular order...

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
Blazing Saddles
Coming to America
Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
Clue

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Blazing Saddles
Clue
Dumb and Dumber

Probably others but these three are definitely some of the funniest films ever created

EDIT: oh man, below. Yeah, Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang is incredible.

Last edited:

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang for me. Something about the pure concept of a comedic murder mystery just ticks the right boxes.

The pissing scene and throwing the gun in the lake are unparalleled comedy.

Oct 27, 2017
The Whole Nine Yards. I love the timing and the way everyone plays off each other.

Men in Tights is probably up there too

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Really hard to pick one, but my placeholder answer will be for now 22 Jump Street.

Really loved the meta humor on that one.