• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Santiako

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Airplane! I've watched it dozens of times and I still laugh my ass off every single time.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
monty python holy grail EASILY.

i had heard of it before but didn't know what it was. one day i watched it and the opening scene had me crying with laughter. you hear the sound of hooves in the distance so you expect to see someone riding a horse up and over the hill. you see someone appear and then expect to see them riding a horse but that horse never does make an appearance. instead what you get is some looney thinking he is riding a horse and someone behind him banging two halves of a coconut together to mimic the sound of a horse. it might not sound funny the way i'm describing it and if you haven't seen it and go watch it then it'll be ruined now because you know what's gonna happen! it blew my mind so much and was totally unexpected that i burst out laughing and couldn't breathe for a while.

and that's just the very beginning of the movie. the movie had me laughing right up until the very end. it's a masterpiece imo.

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls

200.gif

Oct 27, 2017
It might not be the funniest, but it's the hardest I've ever laughed consistently in theaters, but Anchorman 2.

That shit is so underrated. The stupidity is so wildly off the charts, it's amazing. I find it funnier than Anchorman 1, and I love Anchorman 1.

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
Naked Gun
Top Secret
Mystery Men

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone final scene is probably the one I laughed the most tho.

Pocketfudge

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I probably laughed the hardest when I first saw The Big Lebowski and Waiting For Guffman but they've been kinda played out and overexposed.

And I don't know what it says about my taste level but we watched Brother Grimsby again last week and the stuff with Rebel Wilson had me in tears laughing.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
The hardest I've ever laughed was at 21 and 22 jump street. Both movies I was literally crying with laughter.

Rebetherick

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure what the funniest movie for me is but I laughed a lot at The Death of Stalin recently.

Last film that I had tears from laughter in the cinema was High Rise. Need to watch that again.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, seen it pretty much every Christmas since I was a kid and it still makes me laugh.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
Young Frankenstein is a movie I can watch every year for the past 32 years since I first saw it when I was 5 and still laugh at. So yeah, its my favorite comedy.

Airplane! as well.

DonNadie

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Airplane! is my favorite.
Ace Ventura 2 and Dumb and Dumber made me laugh the hardest.

Supau

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I agree with:

Kung Pow
The Big Lebowski

And I'm going to add:

Does it count if you're laughing because you can't believe what you're watching?

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of my faves have already been mentioned. Airplane, Naked Gun, Young Frankenstein, Hot Fuzz etc.

I will say MacGruber is the first movie that made me snort like a pig from laughing so hard so quickly.

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best in Show.
Surprised to see This is Spinal Tap! hasn't been mentioned yet, but I feel Best in Show is Guest's funnier movie.
yeah I was thinking about posting Best In Show. Fred Willard's character's commentary in that movie is some of the funniest shit I've ever heard.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Hot Shots Part Deux
Robin Hood: Men in Tights
Airplane!
Tropic Thunder

Edit: National Lampoon Loaded Weapon 1

These films have never gotten stale to me.
This very much.
Would add: 40 year old virgin, Naked Gun, Dumb and Dumber, There's Something About Mary, Ace Ventura, Marx Bros. movies...
How am I supposed to pick only 1 lol