• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Airplane! or Shaun of the Dead.

Or Austin Powers 2 or 3, those movies are just really fucking stupid and I love them.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Blazing Saddles for a classic.
I really like The Other Guys, the office pop,the Prius, crossing the street again and again. So good.
Scott Pilgrim is pretty underrated. The snappy writing and the visual humor from the camera work and editing make me so happy.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to pick just one but here are some of my favorites.

The Pink Panther (The original, not the remake)
Blazing Saddles
Young Frankenstein
Super Troopers
Naked Gun
Office Space
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Funniest movies:
Airplane!
Top Secret!
Naked Gun (all of them)
Hot Fuzz

Movies that made me laugh the hardest:
Borat
Kung Pow

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Joe Dirt.

Also Zoolander, Tommy Boy, Zohan, MST3K, Scary Movie 2. There's a lot more but those are pretty good for making me laugh.

Run Ronnie Run. How could i forget that classic?

Last edited:

Patrick S.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
28c102135a27bfa0724030a1406aaf38.jpg

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Dumb and Dumber may actually be it for me. It's been my favourite comedy since childhood. Grew up loving Jim Carrey, specifically Dumb and Dumber, Ace Ventura 1 & 2, Liar Liar.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Windy City heat.
Pure luck

Hardest I ever laughed was bad grandpa fart scene. I literally almost passed out laughing

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Last night my roommate brought his girlfriend over because she wanted to watch a movie (she REALLY likes the shittiest of Adam Sandler movies). We chose Airplane (my personal favorite comedy), but throughout she just looked bored and around halfway through she was falling asleep and wanted to go home. I just like, are you shitting me? YOU were the one who wanted to come over and watch a movie, at the very least stay all the way through. I swear, in my recent experience with showing movies to other people, they cannot for the life of them pay attention for the whole thing. Around 1/4 of the way through, they always start looking at their phones. If you say you want to watch a movie, please actually WATCH the movie. If not, don't even bother; it's annoying.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
My top five in terms of just how much it made me laugh was:
Friday
Pineapple Express
Wayne's World
In the Loop
The Room

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
MacGruber probably.

If you haven't seen it, you owe it to yourself to see it immediately.

DJMicLuv

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Over the years...

Life of Brian
Blazing Saddles
Airplane!
Naked Gun
Borat
Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa

These are the main ones that spring to mind when I think of times I've almost passed out from lack of breathe through laughing so much.

Dobby

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  • Jackass 1 and 2 for gross out humour.
  • South Park for pure shock and awe (it was easily the most vulgar movie I had ever seen at that point in my life, I couldn't believe it was released in theatres).
  • Harold and Kumar Go to Whitecastle for being unexpectedly hilarious. I went in with a very low bar.
  • The Fifth Element for funniest character (Chris Tucker's Ruby Rhod steals the movie).
  • Hot Rod for meme humour (saw it at the peak of Andy Samberg's SNL Shorts popularity).
  • Borat for most consistent laugh pace in 90 minutes.
  • Bruno for hardest laugh (the Harrison Ford scene).

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
If we're throwing out pretentiousness, I say Jackass 3D.

I watched it in a packed theater behind someone who laughed exactly like Rich Evans and both factors completely added to my experience, never laughed that hard at a movie before. Contagious laughter is a real thing.

I refuse to rewatch it because the magic will definitely be gone lol.

SM0KE

Oct 27, 2017
Cheech and Chong's Up In Smoke
Super Troopers
Modern Times
Tommy Boy
Friday
The Burbs
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Bananas
Love and Death
Sleeper
Dumb and Dumber
Death at a Funeral (British version)
Bottle Rocket
Grandma's Boy
The Big Lebowski

I will never, ever get tired of watching these movies and always laugh my ass off

Evo Shandor

Oct 29, 2017
Step Brothers has so many scenes that make me laugh consistently. The absurdity of the film is perfect.
The naked wrestling scene from Borat is probably the hardest I've ever laughed at anything I've seen in a film.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion

Welcome to the Dollhouse

To the person above who mentioned Happiness... Just an amazing film in general.

Oct 31, 2017
Dumb & Dumber
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls
Austin Powers International Man of Mystery
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
Zoolander
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgandy

Dumb & Dumber is probably the most rewatchable, funniest comedy to me. I think there are non-stop funny gags with genuine and genuinely dumb characters, and I love that it's almost like a 90's time capsule. Love it.

Mr_Black

Banned for having an alt account
Oct 27, 2017
Romantic Comedy: As Good As It Gets

Frat/Teen: Mean Girls / Clueless

All Audience: The Burbs.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anchorman 2. Without a doubt. I can rewatch it over and over without it losing a bit of enjoyment.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's so damn hard to decide as my taste in comedy has changed over the years. guess the newest film i loved was the other guys.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Back to the Future and Ghostbusters are two of my favorite movies ever. So, one of them, overall.

The hardest I have ever laughed was seeing Marvin get shot in the face in Pulp Fiction. I was way too young to see that movie, and was half asleep watching it alone at like 1 AM. I couldn't believe what I had just seen.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Anchorman 2. Without a doubt. I can rewatch it over and over without it losing a bit of enjoyment.

Not judging, but why the second one over the first one? The first Anchorman is my all-time favorite comedy movie and I really couldn't get into the second. It felt off.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not judging, but why the second one over the first one? The first Anchorman is my all-time favorite comedy movie and I really couldn't get into the second. It felt off.
I couldn't tell you why. I didn't really like the first one that much, but every joke hits for me in the second one.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
There's Something About Mary is probably my #1, based on first watch only.

Also up there:
Office Space
South Park

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The Naked Gun
Airplane
There's Something About Mary

Although the hardest I've ever laughed was at Jackass the Movie. It's so low brow and gross but I have to admit I was crying from laughter.