• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I played it when it originally came out and Chapter 13 was horrible. Even with that it's one of my favorite final fantasy games. Really got to get back into it and play the DLC been sitting on my ps4 forever finished without doing DLC.

Feb 2, 2019
The music is great, punished Noctis is great design and the car was kind of cool. Everything else is pretty bad. PC port is good though.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It was once my most anticipated game yet my excitement fizzled away by release time, and I haven't gotten to playing it until this week. Got rid of any prior biases and expectations I had and hopped in.

I just finished chapter 7 and I have to say, it's an enjoyable experience so far. The combat is alright, the interactions within the main cast is great, and it just has this warm vibe that I like. Most of all, the OST is ace.

The biggest thing stopping me from saying it's great is the story. Wtf is going on? I feel like I missed a huge chunk of exposition and I can't get a read on anyone's intentions or goals. I don't even know what the goal of the main cast is. Go get Noctis married with Luna I guess?

Oct 30, 2017
Was Versus XIII going to be open world too? I remember they showed gameplay parts where it seemed similar to FF XII, with large open areas.
I think Versus XIII was never going to be your classic Final Fantasy game, that was Final Fantasy XIII's role in the Fabula Nova.

No more content after Episode Ardyn.

That's true, but I think a lot of versus was scrapped, and XV recycled aspects of it. Wasn't the game we got the results of only the last 2 years of development? I think it was destined to be this polarizing given the development. It didn't have a clear vision from start to finish, instead you had a director who had to salvage it doing his best for the game.

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
It didn't feel like a FF title and should have been named something different IMO. The music and graphics are great but that story is a mess. You can tell that this game suffered from its production hell. I hate the way they did DLC for this game for some reason. I appreciate the patch that fixed the story but they should have just delayed the game to and made sure the product they were putting out was as complete as possible.

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't the game we got the results of only the last 2 years of development? I think it was destined to be this polarizing given the development. It didn't have a clear vision from start to finish, instead you had a director who had to salvage it doing his best for the game.

i completely agree with this. People have been way too harsh with Tabata. The man had just three years to direct a game and create a cohesive story from scraps, while also making it functional with a completely new engine (and look at the results on Pc!).

I remember that just few months before the release date during Active Time reports they still showed tech demos.

Honestly i'm happy that Tabata is free from Square Enix. No more mad pression coming from fans, no more limitations or rushing things because Square mismanaged the project.

I appreciate the patch that fixed the story but they should have just delayed the game to and made sure the product they were putting out was as complete as possible.

Well, i don't think Tabata and the team decided they were ready to release the game with such rush, but at that point Square Enix just put pression on him to deliver as soon as possible. The game was first announced in 2006 and in 2016 Square just wanted to have Final Fantasy XV ready, no matter what.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
The general consensus on Final Fantasy XV is that there is no general consensus on Final Fantasy XV.

This is what I was assuming. I'm sure the updates have added a lot, but with how unfinished it was at launch, I haven't really felt like giving it a second go through. The most incomplete game I've ever finished though, and would still say it's a 7 for the few things it did right it did really well.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The love the Episode Ardyn gameplay trailer got reminds me about how much heart this game has and how much people enjoy the characters and lore. Super hyped for Episode Ardyn - I pray it's gonna feel like a good farewell to ffxv!