• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Probably peak 1 on 1 fight of the decade:

I've seen a lot of fight scenes in my day, and this one will still be the single best fight ever put on film to me, and I'm not sure I'll see one better for a long time.

I've always loved the hallway fight from Oldboy.

While Oldboy is an amazing movie, and this scene is really incredibly shot and a great moment in the movie, I've always been a little let down by the actual choreography and "enjoyment" factor of this scene. It's impressive, but not really fun to watch? It's hard to explain.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
While Oldboy is an amazing movie, and this scene is really incredibly shot and a great moment in the movie, I've always been a little let down by the actual choreography and "enjoyment" factor of this scene. It's impressive, but not really fun to watch? It's hard to explain.
I think that's why I like it? Like, it doesn't feel like a super choreographed thing. It's sloppy and desperate, the way I would imagine a fight like this would play out in real life.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Jackie Chan put so much into his old stuff that it really is still way above just about everything else. No stupid cuts to hide impact, great storytelling in the fight scenes, and people actually sell the fatigue of the battle as it goes on.

I loooooove the OG Drunken Master. So many wonderful fights.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
the last ten minutes of Hong Kong Godfather. one of my all time fav action scenes and one of the GOAT endings in cinema, IMO.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
I've been thinking about the final fight scene from The Raid: Redemption a lot recently. I felt like I was watching the Double Dragons fight the final boss in live-action. The coordination between the three actors is remarkable.

I saw this in theaters while pretty drunk with some friends, and I remember saying out loud after that throat drag with the broken lightbulb, "If he gets back up, I'm fucking out of here." That fight scene was insanity.

I'd say that the Legend of Drunken Master final sequence w/ Jackie Chan is definitely one of my favorites of all time.

I'll also go the way of the sacrilegious and say that I feel like Jet Li tribute film Fist of Legend had a better final fight scene than the Bruce Lee original Fist of Fury:

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There's some incredible fight scenes from Jackie Chans old school films, so if there is a best fight scene, its definitely coming from there. I will say the restroom fight scene in the recent Mission Impossible movie was pretty badass as well.