• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erevador

Oct 25, 2017
New Game + is perfect.

It says everything. It acknowledges the past, whilst striding boldly into the future.

Deleted member 1445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dont like new game +, doesnt mean much to me. Remember to Save feels more of its own identity and fits the name of the forum.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Did someone say new game?

4f4.gif

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Really not into New Game + or Continue? I see why they are initially appealing, but I think its best to stay away from any legacy slogans. If we're doing one (which i don't really think we need to) i still think simply 'Welcome' is the best. It shows we're hopefully going to be a bit softer and warmer to new comers, as well as letting any old folks who may want to come join us know they're still a part of this community.

It looks forward, not backwards.

Last edited:

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Continue?" would be good if we weren't ResetEra. It's antithetic.

I like "New Game+", "Next Level", and "Remember to Save". The last one is probably more unique, but nowadays most games have some form of autosave.

I think "Next Level" has a proper hype aspect like the old slogan of a certain old forum.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually I really like "Welcome" too. It's a simple yet bold statement. And it contrasts well with the old slogan of the old forum.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Remember to Save is some clever shit.

Something with Save in it in any case, hits the "reset" mark perfectly.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I really don't think we need one that references video games or that this is a legacy site. Something inclusive, and something that isn't an established 'in-joke' would be ideal.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think we need one that references video games or that this is a legacy site. Something inclusive, and something that isn't an established 'in-joke' would be ideal.

While being inclusive is really important, I think it would be a bit odd and stilted if we didn't acknowledge the past; New Game + does that quite elegantly while referencing the primary theme of the forum. It isn't mean, and it isn't petty, but it still acknowledges the past. Personally, I think it is a home run.