• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
No slogan is necessary. There's an elegance to the simplicity of the logo/name.

I agree. Why do we need a slogan? The name is a slogan. Most people took it to mean a new start which is a good enough reference to what happened anyway without further muddying our waters.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
New game plus would actually be a better name for the forum, not just the slogan.

I mean in 10 years the name will still remind people that this was a reset from something and think about the shower dude.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Let me be clear. I was saying I hope we're around long enough to have a 10 year on scandal. I don't want anyone to get harassed in the shower. I apologize.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New game plus would actually be a better name for the forum, not just the slogan.

I mean in 10 years the name will still remind people that this was a reset from something and think about the shower dude.
"New Game Plus" is a term that has been used in tons of different games for decades. It's an awful proper name to give to a forum for search engines.

Alandrus Sun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I really like "Don't stop believing". "New Game +" is also good but feels a bit too generic.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly it doesn't need one. A slogan is almost as bad as animated avatars, but not quite.

resetERA is already a slogan and a name too.

I like New Game + but it isn't needed alone from a visual perspective. It would always look kinda messy. (it always did on that "old place")

I always thought it looked like a Matrix fan forum or X-files lol.

"New Game +" would at least be on topic, so yeah, it doesn't need a slogan though.

Also I'm confident the people responsible know what they're doing.

Sorry for the long post. Gonna go sleep now
❤(ӦvӦ。)

Deleted member 15227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I appreciate the calls for 'New Game + ' I personally think it's appeal is too narrow and doesn't have the legs to encompass the entire site or stand the test of time.

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Can everyone refrain from bringing up the other site please. This is a reset...remember.
Also new game + is good but in all honesty I really don't think it needs one.
Resetera is perfect as is.

PRBLMS

Oct 27, 2017
"make.believe symbolizes the spirit of our brand. It stands for the power of our creativity, our ability to turn ideas into reality, and the belief that anything we can imagine, we can make real."

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Not really, Reset is a very common term in video game culture.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Once more unto the madness.

Might not be as simple as New Game + but it feels appropriate and everlasting.