• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
This is scary as hell. Obviously going to the police is the first move that comes to mind, but with laws being different in each country, that's not going to stop a determined creep like this, at least not right away.

https://www.dexerto.com/entertainme...x-month-stalker-chilling-irl-broadcast-827135

1. Jinnytty is a streamer based out of Korea who is currently visiting Taiwan.
  2. Stalker started following her in January
  3. Today's incident she was going to end stream when she boarded the bus, but noticed the stalker sitting right behind her and did not want to be alone.
  4. Eventually meets up with a group of her viewers in the area, who ride with her to the police station.
  5. Somehow they convince the stalker to meet them there where they have a confrontation that is translated by one of her viewers. (starts at around the 8 hrs 6 min mark)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/455311837?t=08h06m52s

Reddit-comment-Jinnytty-stalker.JPG

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Advocating Doxxing
If nothing can be legally done about it and the dude keeps up, threaten to dox him and make some use of that follower base you have.
It's self-defense, this shit inevitably gets physical at some point.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If nothing can be legally done about it and the dude keeps up, threaten to dox him and make some use of that follower base you have.
It's self-defense, this shit inevitably gets physical at some point.

Uhm, I wouldn't abuse the power like this in her case. Doesn't make her any better then. I am glad she has good followers that helped her in this case this time and I am worried that something will happen to her, but there have to be other ways. Stalking is so bad though. :( She held it up like a champ in both of those videos, but still...

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Uhm, I wouldn't abuse the power like this in her case. Doesn't make her any better then. I am glad she has good followers that helped her in this case this time and I am worried that something will happen to her, but there have to be other ways. Stalking is so bad though. :( She held it up like a champ in both of those videos, but still...
I don't think it would be power abuse. Her health has priority over moral highground. Sure, every other option should be explored, but when it comes down to it, it'd be self-defense.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I don't think it would be power abuse. Her health has priority over moral highground. Sure, every other option should be explored, but when it comes down to it, it'd be self-defense.
I think it could backfire real bad, plus, if he calls the bluff, what would she do? Actually dox him? Doesn't sound like a good idea.