• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryAllen

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lets say he knows he is about to get arrested. There is no checks and balances on nukes. Its him he wants to launch them he can.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The speck of humanity that lingers in one of his bodyguards cold dead hearts and makes them do the right thing

Silentbomber

Oct 27, 2017
Despite all the negative press, I actually believe he intends to do good. Unfortunately he is a orange man baby, who is too interested in TV ratings rather than actually doing good. He will be too busy watching FOX on his last day.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the nuclear football is just an authorization medium, and I'm sure any attempt would be vetoed by whichever military command that handles the use of nuclear armaments, especially if the writing was on the wall that he's on the way out.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully Mattis would stand his ground long enough that Trump could be 25th'd right out.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
You need to be 100% sure why you launch a nuke. If you're not you will be ruined. Your name will be tarnished in the annals of history. You will be on a level where people compare you to Hitler and shit. The military wing that oversees the nukes isn't going to let them fly willynilly.

Izzy

Oct 25, 2017
Nukes don't just get automatically launched from a button wired into the Oval Office. The command still has to be relayed to various launch sources who then actually execute the attack. Come on man, Crimson Tide was all about this.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think Mattis and Kelly were talking about tackling his ass if it comes down to that, right?

Hopefully if it comes to it, though, his intent will be so clear that the people who actually launch the nukes will simply disobey.

Despite all the negative press, I actually believe he intends to do good. Unfortunately he is a orange man baby, who is too interested in TV ratings rather than actually doing good. He will be too busy watching FOX on his last day.
And this, too. I don't think he intends to destroy the world.

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Whats wrong with you people? Thats not how any of this works.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IIRC, has to get certified by Secretary of Defense, so there's effectively a failsafe there.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Mattis has to approve. He theoretically doesn't have the authority to say no but I can't imagine he'll just OK a last day nuke strike without like, trying to tackle him or something first

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Trump laughs "lol jk guys. it was the best of times it was the worst of times lmaooooo" and he resigns from the presidency and admits his administration is complicit with manipulating the election with Russia, the lion sleeps with the lamb and there is peace on Earth.
Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya
Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya

Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pence with the swerve and low blow, sending Trump crumbling. Fans POP! Pence has a heart. No! Pence goes for the button... Biden's music hits... RKO! Biden for the save as the PPV goes off the air.

Emerson

Oct 25, 2017
USA
There isn't a big red button on his desk.

Not literally, but by law and procedure there's absolutely nothing stopping Trump launching a nuclear strike at a moment's notice any time he wants.

I don't think he would in that scenario (I personally think he's much more likely to throw a temper tantrum and have to be physically dragged kicking and screaming out of the White House), but if he did then the only thing that could save us would be a cabinet member or a Secret Service agent breaking the law and physically stopping him from doing it. Theoretically whoever is supposed to launch the missiles could refuse the order, but it's even less likely that would happen.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
82453d6c506ebcc831001096bd17666f.jpg

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
This is ridiculous. Trump is a Bad Person, but no part of me believes he is a genuine sociopath whose goals lie in slaying millions of people "for the lols". Who is he even launching nukes at in this scenario?

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the button isn't hooked up. they will tell him North Korea is nuked. most nuked. no one nuked more. the mainstream press won't say anything! the failing NYT - nothing! sad! then wave some keys in front of him and give him a bad steak with ketchup.

Usagi

Oct 25, 2017
This is ridiculous. Trump is a Bad Person, but no part of me believes he is a genuine sociopath whose goals lie in slaying millions of people "for the lols". Who is he even launching nukes at in this scenario?
NK?
Anyway, let's hope he doesn't accidentally press it when he wants Diet Coke.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There's a chain of people that have to all agree on a nuclear strike. It's not just a hardwired button in the Oval Office.
If it was, Trump would've accidentally set it off by now.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017

Difficult to do good when you don't know what it looks like.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Generals and military men/women who don't wish to be executed for war crimes or secret serbicemen with guns who have a conscious.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
I think he intends to do good...for him, his family and his friends. I do not think launching nukes is good for anybody.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Trump sucks, but let's not make him that much of a bogeyman. He's just corrupt prideful businessman like any other (except being incompetent).

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017

While it's a bit more complicated than that, it is basically right. The SecDef basically acts as confirmation that the president gave the order, and if he refuses, the president can fire him. SecDef can't technically veto the order, but could probably drag his heels long enough for others to take the necessary actions to remove the threat from office.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Though a lot of people have soured on Kelly and maybe Mattis, I'm inclined to believe that their primary motivations are rooted in preserving order, not covering asses. As mentioned, I doubt anyone will let Trump just launch a nuke.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing he'd possibly due is force a conflict with NK or elsewhere, which is more than bad enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.