• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 26, 2018
The title says it all.
For last 2 year Sony have been really bad with communicating their ideas and plans for the future:
Poor State of Play showings;
Random PS5 articles;
No E3 or other big shows;
Absolutely zero communication about exclusives going to PC;
etc.

Which begs the question what Sony is even doing right now? Do they even have a future road map? Or they completely lost their vision for the gaming business? Is it because of the leadership shake up from not long ago?

What do you people think? How do you think they can make it better?

Nov 3, 2017
What do you want them to do? Email you personally about the PS5 details instead of having a "random article" on a huge tech website lmao

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
You cracked the code. Sony will show their PlayStation 5 cancellation trailer next month.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they only do State of Plays this year then I'd worry a little.

They just need one proper live event again.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
when you're a market leader you don't feel like you have to put in as much work as your competition

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"They had nothing to show / They will tell us when they are ready/ They are in the lead they don't have to say anything / It's just Microsoft have to be proact be cause Sony dominated them / PlayStation meeting is coming, calm before the storm."

I keep hearing these replies, and they are all true or an element is true, but at the same time, it's been years of this now and it's obvious that many people feel it is true that there is a communication issue with Sony and the feel of a power struggle. Hence so many comments, and threads.
We still don't know what went down with Shawn Layden. Right?

What will be really interesting:..We assume PlayStation meeting is coming:

Will it be... weird? Or Disappointing, or unclear, or tell us stuff we know and little we dont, or avoid answering what we want to know.

How will we feel after PlayStation Meeting?

I think this is the Litmus test.

Last edited:

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
A lot of the business staff moved from US to EU. New people in charge in different position. They chose to do this change at the end of a cycle. Nothing wrong with slowing down for a while when those people find their feet. However, if they are not louder this year. Then it will be strange.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They need to communicate. It's so weird to see Microsoft being all excited about next gen and the only thing we got out of Sony in months was the blandest, most predictable logo of all time.

Honestly, Jim Ryan's era of leadership thus far has been absolutely miserable - there hasn't been a single bit of good Playstation news out of Sony since he took over. I'm not looking forward to the PS5 at all with him in charge.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really dont have to do anything when you are the market leader and you have the best selling console in the last decade and the current console still have big games coming out this year.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I really dont see a big deal.

Sony will have a PS5 reveal event +/- live stream around E3 and it will be immensely popular. As with 90% of their "events", it will be straight forward and hype as hell.

Patience.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I don't feel like there's been a lack of communication lol

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada

Subjective. Just because they're not Nintendo Directs doesn't mean they're "poor." FFVII and RE3 was dope as shit.

I guess a top 1,400 website globally with 19.3M readers digitally and 3.1M in print in 2018 is a "random" outlet.

I guess gamescom with its 373,000 in attendance isn't a "big show." Nor is Tokyo Game Show with its 262,076 attendance. No big shows, nosiree.

Absolutely zero communication about exclusives going to PC

You can't just expect a full court press on PS5 communication based on a rumor that happened very recently when PS5 hasn't even been showcased.

We're ten months away from the expected release of the PS5 yet a bajillion games are due to come out. Relax; there's plenty enough time.

Good lord, forum braining is bad.

Oct 27, 2017
They need to communicate. It's so weird to see Microsoft being all excited about next gen and the only thing we got out of Sony in months was the blandest, most predictable logo of all time.

Honestly, Jim Ryan's era of leadership thus far has been absolutely miserable - there hasn't been a single bit of good Playstation news out of Sony since he took over. I'm not looking forward to the PS5 at all with him in charge.
Jim Ryan is in charge of making the hardware or games? If not, why do you event care lol. 'Not a single good news' ... so nothing in the last State Of Play made you excited? Dreams finally coming out? The release of RE3? ... all bad news ?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Why do we need constant communication about what they are doing? So we can have shit storms on forums over every trivial thing?

Microsoft has to because they're trying to win people back.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
What lack of communication? They've announced things when the announcements were ready, this is probably in response to the, probably an hopefully true, rumors of Horizon coming to PC, but again, that's not poor communication, that's literally them just not announcing it yet.

Random PS5 articles? Again, how are they random? They provide they convey the information Sony is ready to share. Seems like you're confusing your want for more information for poor communication.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
Agree with the OP

Since 2018 i'm zero hyped for any sony stuff because of the lack of good marketing/communication. Im not an Xbox fan and im more excited now to see all what Xbox has to offer. They always have exciting news and rumors around (gamepass, series x, new studio acquisition, games on the switch...). And they still go to the e3

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Not giving you exactly what you want when you want it ≠ Lacking communication.

The PS5 will be shown and detailed, new first party games will be shown and detailed. It's going to be okay.

Jan 4, 2018
We've gotten an appropriate amount of TLOU, GoT, and FF7 at this point. Outside of that they aren't going in-depth on the PS5 until the reveal event. In fact they've talked about it more than I expected so far.

And they're not going to comment on rumors about games going to PC (or any rumors for that matter), which is pretty standard practice.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You guys are so anxious

The rumours are that they will reveal PS5 next month

Calm down

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
You will once they've shown the trailers for the exclusives ;)

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it, new leadership, people in new roles, maybe they've changed things and things haven't stabilized yet, new tech needs to go through certification or new services or whatever, or they're just waiting for the right time to talk, etc. We'll hear about their plans sooner or later.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Subjective. Just because they're not Nintendo Directs doesn't mean they're "poor." FFVII and RE3 was dope as shit.

I guess a top 1,400 website globally with 19.3M readers digitally and 3.1M in print in 2018 is a "random" outlet.

I guess gamescom with its 373,000 in attendance isn't a "big show." Nor is Tokyo Game Show with its 262,076 attendance. No big shows, nosiree.

You can't just expect a full court press on PS5 communication based on a rumor that happened very recently when PS5 hasn't even been showcased.

We're ten months away from the expected release of the PS5 yet a bajillion games are due to come out. Relax; there's plenty enough time.

Good lord, forum braining is bad.

^ ^ ^ this
I totally don't understand the OP

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lack of communication? You just don't like how they're communicating.

Lack of expensive conferences does not mean lack of communication.

Zonnes

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 26, 2019
The title says it all.
For last 2 year Sony have been really bad with communicating their ideas and plans for the future:
Random PS5 articles;
Absolutely zero communication about exclusives going to PC;
etc.

Which begs the question what Sony is even doing right now? Do they even have a future road map? Or they completely lost their vision for the gaming business? Is it because of the leadership shake up from not long ago?

What do you people think? How do you think they can make it better?

They hired a dutch dude to be the leader of a Japanese company, they are losing it

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
PlayStation is riding high as hell right now. That's all people talk about at work. The regular people only need to see the logo. They're coming off their best gen ever.. like, wtf. What is there to say?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
PlayStation's marketing team often used the "show dont tell" marketing, most evident by E3 2016, which i dont believe they particularily hyped it up with "best playstation E3 lineup ever" or stuff like that, they just advertised it like every E3 press conference.
however, i would really appreciate it if they did some interview regarding what is the strategy in playstation right now.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Marketing will start. Really soon even. They'll come out guns blazing. Everyone is just impatient because Microsoft already started a month ago.

I bet in a view months time, everyone will have forgotten about this weird spell.

Oct 25, 2017
They want the pent up demand. That's what they seem to be going for.

People bitched that Sony shows stuff to early, so you get what you wished for.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Jim Ryan is in charge of making the hardware or games? If not, why do you event care lol. 'Not a single good news' ... so nothing in the last State Of Play made you excited? Dreams finally coming out? The release of RE3? ... all bad news ?

Bad or neutral news. I don't care about Dreams at all and I'm not particularly interested in RE3.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
All that matters is the software and as long as there's a decent amount of titles available I can't complain. This past year was lighter than others but we still just got Death Stranding which is a top five game of the generation imo, and as others have pointed out this is the calm before the storm. I'd prefer a stop to early reveals in general and am A-okay with a six month window of reveals to release. If their big blowout event is light on confirmed titles for this year and PS5 launch then I guess start to be concerned but until then I'm going to remain confident in their ability to continue releasing quality games.

The one thing I wouldn't mind hearing details on early is plans for PSVR2, anxious to see what sort of display it has, input solutions, and if it has any goodies like eye tracking or foveated rendering.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Its typical Sony, they have never been one to brag or communicate until they are ready.

They seems more to want to SHOW than tell.
They have always been this way.