Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ok. imagine this (photo by Cdammen):

QuMjMmD.jpg

that sexy thing is now a classic type console. using the original design of the GBA, nintendo has made a handheld device with a great screen, rechargeable battery and included 20 games.

which 20 games do you think should be included?

also, do you think it will ever happen, and if it did, are you interested in getting one? at what price point?
personally, ever since imagining such a thing might eventually exist, i want it more and more each day.

some possible games to consider:
  • mother 3 (this will be the selling point for a lot of people)
  • mother 1+2
  • rhythm heaven (i know it wasn't localized, but it'll be cool to play the original)
  • castlevania aria of sorrow
  • sonic advance games
  • wario land 4
  • warioware inc
  • advance wars 1 & 2
  • drill dozer
  • the f-zero games (one of them was japan only)
  • the final fantasy games (advance, 1&2, 4, 5 or 6)
  • astroboy: omega factor
  • harvest moon: friends of mineral town
  • mario kart super circuit
  • mario & luigi: superstar saga
  • the legend of zelda: minish cap
  • the legend of zelda: a link to the past
  • the mega man zero games
  • the mega man battle network games
  • kuru kuru kururin
  • metroid zero mission
  • metroid fusion
  • the fire emblem games (not too familiar with this series)
  • kirby & the amazing mirror
  • kirby: nightmare in dream land
  • golden sun and its sequel
  • 4 super mario advance games (SMB2, SBM3, SMW, yoshi's island)
  • pokemon games (not sure if these are possible, because i don't think they'd bother making trading or connectivity possible)
  • other mario spin-offs (party, golf, tennis, vs donkey kong, pinball)

Last edited:

frankenstrat

Oct 27, 2017
Mario vs Donkey Kong maybe. Almost everything Mario on the GBA was great aside from some weird ones like Pinball Land (which was still good).

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
MMBN 1-3, 5-6
Pokemon Emerald and FR/LG

Then whatever else is fine.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
ok. imagine this (photo by Cdammen):

QuMjMmD.jpg

that sexy thing is now a classic type console. using the original design of the GBA, nintendo has made a handheld device with a great screen, rechargeable battery and included 20 games.

which 20 games do you think should be included?

also, do you think it will ever happen, and if it did, are you interested in getting one? at what price point?
personally, ever since imagining such a thing might eventually exist, i want it more and more each day.

some possible games to consider:

how could you forget the WarioWare games OP? smh...

WarioWare Inc.
WarioWare Twisted <------------------- day one if they bring this over somehow
Pokemon Emerald
Minish Cap
Metroid Fusion
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Golden Sun
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
Final Fantasy VI Advance
Mega Man Zero
Advance Wars
Mario Kart Super Circuit

That's all I can think of atm

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Figure out some way to make games like Warioware Twisted and Boktai work on it and then it would be perfect.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I would put both Golden Sun games. It's really part 1 and part 2 unlike most games with sequels.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance as well. Love that game, probably the game I played the most on GBA,

And lastly my "never going to Happen game" is Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
Any particular reason we're skipping over the Game Boy and Game Boy Color libraries?

Because they suck and look like ass? Maybe that's a bit strong, but in general I feel like Game Boy games today don't hold up nearly as well as GBA ones, and it would be a bummer to have to go through those two consoles before getting to the real GOAT portable.

Oct 31, 2017
As long as it has Golden Sun 1-2 and the Advance Wars I would buy it instantly

Edit- wouldn't they have to redo the palettes of GBA classic games though, since they were designed for the ridiculously dark screen of the original?

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Mother 3 (the dream)
Zero Mission
Minish Cap
Aria of Sorrow
Mega Man Battle Network 3 (or 4 or 6 depending on your preference)
Mega Man Zero 2
Advance Wars
THPS3 if possible
Sonic Advance
Astro Boy
FFTA
F-Zero Maximum Velocity

That would be a hype as shit compilation

Because they suck and look like ass? Maybe that's a bit strong, but in general I feel like Game Boy games today don't hold up nearly as well as GBA ones, and it would be a bummer to have to go through those two consoles before getting to the real GOAT portable.
Honestly, you could just have Link's Awakening, Mario Land 2+3, Tetris, and MGS and you'd be fine.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
To me it's one the worst (main) system for Nintendo 1st Party, but even then, it's going to be one hell of a selection.

• Mother 3 (like this idea)
  • Castlevania Circle of the Moon
  • Wario Land 4
  • Advance Wars
  • Mario Kart Super Circuit
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
  • Mega Man Zero
  • Mega Man Battle Network
  • Kuru Kuru Kururin
  • Metroid Zero Mission (or Fusion, both are good)
  • Kirby (both are good)
  • Golden Sun
  • Pokémon Emerald
  • Wario Ware
  • Fire Emblem
  • Mario Golf

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The best GB games hold up incredibly well. Donkey Kong (94), Link's Awakening, and the Wario Land games are legitimately some of the best titles Nintendo has ever produced and they've barely aged. Not to mention GB Tetris, which is still one of the best versions of the game. I'm actually far more interested in a backlit-Gameboy Classic than a GBA Classic (though I'd absolutely purchase both).

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mother 3 would be an insta-buy from me. But would love to see the Legacy of Goku games on there too.

brambles13

Oct 27, 2017
One game per series and no SNES ports are my personal rules here.

Advance Wars
Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (mainly because it never got an official release here, otherwise I would pick Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)
Pokemon Emerald
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
Gunstar Super Heroes
Mega Man Zero (I prefer 2 but realistically the original usually gets in)
TLoZ: The Minish Cap
Wario Land IV
WarioWare Microgame$
Metroid Fusion (picking this over Zero Mission was a close call)
Sonic Advance
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (very close with CotM for me)
F-Zero Climax (if they are bringing over foreign games, if not then GP Legend)
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Boktai: The Sun is in your hand (no idea how they do this though with the sun sensor)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Riviera
Mother 3
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Getting rid of the one game per series caveat I would have all the Metroid, Castlevania, and MMZ games on there for sure along with the other Advance Wars and Fire Emblems.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
The best GB games hold up incredibly well. Donkey Kong (94), Link's Awakening, and the Wario Land games are legitimately some of the best titles Nintendo has ever produced and they've barely aged. Not to mention GB Tetris, which is still one of the best versions of the game. I'm actually far more interested in a backlit-Gameboy Classic than a GBA Classic (though I'd absolutely purchase both).

I'm not going to argue that the GB doesn't have any good games, but the few you listed are pretty much the few I ever hear about, and even that isn't enough to fill up a typical "classic" playlist. It's such a small amount they could just throw them on to a GBA classic as a bonus.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'd probably need more than 20 games, but here are my favorites:
All the Castlevanias (3)
Both Golden Sun games (2)
Both Zeldas (2)
All Mario Bros games (4) (throw in the e-reader card levels in Mario 3 as well)
Both Metroids (2)
All mainline Final Fantasy games (4)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (1)
Banjo Kazooie Grunty's Revenge (1)
Wario 4 (1)
Pokemon Emerald (1) (I don't need another Gen 1 release at the moment)
Pokemon Pinball (1)
Bomberman Tournament (1) (a bomberman with a zelda structure, love it!)
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga (1)
Both movie Lord of the Ring games (2) (they're like GBA Diablo games)
Total: 26

I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two, but I think that's all the ones I currently own cartridges of. And I didn't even play the Mega Man games they made for the system, so probably put some of those Zero and Battle Network games on there.

I'm sure I'd buy a GBA Classic the second it was announced, but like I said I already own 90% of my favorite games for the system, I own 3 GBA systems (OG, backlit SP, and Famicon Micro), and my homebrewed 3DS has all those games on it (along with all the Gameboy/GBC games I own, so it's basically a Gameboy Classic already, while also playing NES/SNES/DS/3DS games too).

Last edited:

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to argue that the GB doesn't have any good games, but the few you listed are pretty much the few I ever hear about, and even that isn't enough to fill up a typical "classic" playlist. It's such a small amount they could just throw them on to a GBA classic as a bonus.

I just listed some of my favorites. There's a ton more I could name. One I rarely hear about, but would likely make the cut, is Mole Mania. There's also great gems like Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters, Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins, Mario's Picross, and Balloon Kid. It'd be pretty easy to fill 20-30 slots with good software.

Oct 29, 2017
If you had to have 20 games only, with one game per-series, no ports from other systems and your choices had to be realistic? (No licensed games and nothing that used a special cartridge)

This is my list...

Advance Wars 2
Wario Land 4
Wario Ware Mega Microgame$
Fire Emblem
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
Golden Sun & Golden Sun TLA (this is really one big game, not two separate games - you can't have one without the other!)
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Metroid Fusion
Rhythm Tengoku (translated into English ideally, but it's still perfectly playable in Japanese)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Pokemon Emerald (Doubt they would include more than one version and it's actually impossible to complete the Pokedex without access to FR/LG, Colloseum, Channel AND XD anyway)
Dr Mario & Puzzle League
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Gunstar Super Heroes
Ninja Five-O
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
Tactics Ogre: The Knights of Lodis
Mega Man Zero

I tried to keep it varied in terms of genre and not too Nintendo first party heavy. I'm also assuming that multiplayer support would be incorporated here (else you couldn't really have Pokemon at all; while many other games would also be absolutely crippled!)

Last edited:

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Mega Man Battle Network
Mega Man Battle Network 2
Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue
Mega Man Battle Network 3 White
Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon
Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun
Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Colonel
Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Protoman
Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar
Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Would be a real shame not to have LTTP. The vertical digging animation is a game changer.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Fire Emblem 7
WarioWare
Final Fantasy Tactics
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Final Fantasy VI
Donkey Kong Country 3 (because of OST)
Wario Land 4
Advance Wars
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
The Legend of Zelda Minish Cap
Megaman zero
Golden Sun
Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
Mario Bros 3
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
Pokemon
Metroid Zero Mission
Sonic Advance 3
Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland

what a legendary collection of fantastic 2D games.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
They could release 20 versions of Advance Wars with different maps and I would buy it.
Actually 19 AW and Astroboy.

But really there's dozens.
One of the best libraries ever probably.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Every game.

No, really. Every game.
Could you imagine it? A retro emulator with even 50% of its entire library would be a dream. Hell, have it broken down into groups of years for the segments, then have each version be a different iteration of the console that was released. Design wise would be different externally, but each one would have all the same features. Like GBA classic and SP release, all backlit. Genesis model 1, 2, & 3. I'd pay a considerable sum of money for this.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like Densetsu No Starfy 3 but Mother 3 is a much higher priority when it comes to Japan exclusives

Astro Boy Omega Factor is an absolute must though. That was my favourite game on the GBA and I had little interest in Astro Boy before playing it. It's really cool how the story manages to get in so many Tezuka characters, and even uses dying and stage select as plot points

Yeah, that was a really good selection considering it was just a bunch of freebies for early 3DS adopters

Oct 25, 2017
Mega Man Battle Network
Mega Man Battle Network 2
Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue
Mega Man Battle Network 3 White
Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon
Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun
Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Colonel
Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Protoman
Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar
Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar
Done. Ship it!

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Advance Wars. More people need to play it. Include the sequel as well. Advance Wars. Just keep releasing it in some form please

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Avoiding remakes? Probably something like this

- Mario Kart: Super Circuit
- Mario & Luigi
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong
- Mario Tennis: Power Tour
- Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
- LoZ: Minish Cap
- Pokèmon Emerald
- Kirby Amazing Mirror
- Mega Man Zero (or maybe Battle Network 3)
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
- Golden Sun
- F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
- Wario Land 4
- WarioWare Inc
- Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword
- Metroid Fusion
- Sonic Advance
- Advance Wars
- Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
- Mother 3 (secret 21st game)

Mario domination, obviously. Each series gets restricted to one installment aside from it.

It's the most realistic list I can think of. There's a focus in single-player due to how those mini-consoles work, which is why I went with Emerald, with its extensive single-player content.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
here's a list of nintendo's notable GB/GBC games (may have missed a few). if they skip doing game boy classic, go straight to the GBA, and include 10 or 20 of these alongside the 20 GBA games, that would be FANTASTIC.

• tetris (duh, normal or DX version)
  • super mario land 1 & 2
  • super mario bros deluxe
  • kid icarus: of myths and monsters
  • kirby's dream land 1 & 2
  • link's awakening DX
  • oracle of ages & seasons
  • wario land 1, 2 and 3
  • donkey kong 94
  • mario's picross
  • the game and watch gallery games
  • pokemon games

I'd like Densetsu No Starfy 3 but Mother 3 is a much higher priority when it comes to Japan exclusives
i'd love to see a starfy game in there too. and as long as we're daydreaming about non-localized games, put the frog for whom the bell tolls on there too.

how could you forget the WarioWare games OP? smh...
smh, i have embarrassed myself. i didn't put twisted! on there because i can't imagine they'll put gyro in the system, but the first game is a must.

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Avoiding remakes? Probably something like this

- Mario Kart: Super Circuit
- Mario & Luigi
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong
- Mario Tennis: Power Tour
- Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
- LoZ: Minish Cap
- Pokèmon Emerald
- Kirby Amazing Mirror
- Mega Man Zero (or maybe Battle Network 3)
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
- Golden Sun
- F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
- Wario Land 4
- WarioWare Inc
- Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword
- Metroid Fusion
- Sonic Advance
- Advance Wars
- Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
- Mother 3 (secret 21st game)

Mario domination, obviously. Each series gets restricted to one installment aside from it.
Yeah this is pretty much my list.

Dec 2, 2017
i think it won't, the battery and screen will already drive the cost up compared to the previous "classic" consoles, i can't imagine them wanting to mess with connectivity too.

Then basically no Pokemon games since it's impossible to complete the Pokédex in any of them without trading with the others or connecting to the GameCube games.

Goodbye

Oct 27, 2017
If it's strictly GBA, I want the following games

• Mother 3
  • Golden Sun 1
  • Golden Sun 2
  • Advance Wars 2
  • Boktai
  • Wario Ware Twisted
  • Castlevania (don't know which one)
  • Doom
  • Drill Dozer
  • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
  • Fire Emblem (don't know which one)
  • Grand Theft Auto Advance
  • Gunstar Super Heroes
  • Kuru Kuru Kururin
  • Zelda Minish Cap
  • Mario Kart Super Circuit
  • Mario Golf
  • Metroid Fusion
  • Riviera
  • Summon Night: Swordcraft Story
That's never gonna happen though, but a man can dream.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Then basically no Pokemon games since it's impossible to complete the Pokédex in any of them without trading with the others or connecting to the GameCube games.
pokemon games will probably not be included, also because they're not gonna do two version of the system so they have to put all versions of the games in each system.
i guess they can slightly rework emerald for example (like a rom hack), so you can complete the pokedex, but probably not.