• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's a tough call between Sub-Zero, Samus Aran, Link, and others...

... But I'm gonna go with the undead vampire wraith, Raziel. Everything about his design just works for me.
maxresdefault.jpg

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
Jin from Tekken (7 White, Black and Gold Hoodie being my Fav).
Ciri from Witcher.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Probably an odd pick, since you only really see her in 2D cutscenes and dialogue scenes within the game, but I would go with Queen Meve in Witcher Tales: Thronebreaker.

latest

tb-1.jpg

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Either Lady Maria from Bloodborne or Alucard from Castlevania.

(Maria was already posted so here's Alucard)

latest

lightning16

May 17, 2019
To my own surprise, I actually didn't have an answer in mind at all when I saw this thread. Thought about it a while and I'd be tempted to use one of my favorite Pokemon designs (Rhydon, Gyarados, or Lilligant). I also really liked Rhea a lot from Three Houses. So one of those four, but I also think I'd probably come up with a better answer if I thought about it hard enough.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X. Such a timeless and classy design.

latest

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
latest

Queen from Suikoden III.

Look, there are far too many characters in videogame history for me to have one "favorite" or even a meaningful top fifty. But this is a design that has stuck with me and doesn't often come up in conversation (because she's a relatively minor character in an unloved entry in a dead series). I'm sure the pants have something to do with it. They weren't super common on jRPG females back in the day.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
1997 Cloud Strife FMV render. He is the best and coolest version of Cloud ever. He fucking falls short shortly afterwards.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
its Pikachu, unless you're going to say that's not a character.
not many characters are maxed out on both Cute and Cool at the same time.

Last edited:

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
It's Samus, not even sure how anything can compete, tons of designs I love but nothing comes close to this perfection.

main.png

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Persona-5-Smash-Joker-Render-696x696.jpg

Joker from Persona 5. The combination of the black coat with the red gloves and white mask, the flowing coattails, I just love everything about it. Combined with his stylish animations it really sells that whole Phantom Thief aesthetic.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
latest

Splatoon's Inkling Girl (specifically the OG Splatoon 1 version)
It's just a perfect depiction of a sporty kid in the summer with that punkish teen attitude. It's still such a new design at like, 4 years old, but I find it more iconic and memorable than designs I've been exposed to for like 20 years, lol. (Also the Splatoon 1 ink tank color palette fit the vibe of Splatoon better than the 2 variant, imo)

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
ahvaU9y.jpg

2B and 9S are both pretty incredible designs. I mean I was already going to buy and love the Platinum/Yoko Taro game anyway but I still remember feeling like I'd never been sold on a game harder in one single frame than when those designs dropped.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
The best boy in video games.

220px-Kirby.png

A perfect pink plush of perfection, and he wears many many cute hats to further elevate his perfect design.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Ryu for me. Nice and simple without the need of excessive over the top accessories all over the body like most character designs these days.

sf2_10.jpg

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't choose one favorite, but I love Athena Asamiya as she appears in The King of Fighters '95 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

TE9JqSx.gif

E2nHZQT.png

d56.gif

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Marisa Kirisame from Touhou, it is such a simple design but Zun makes it work. Maybe it helps that unlike other people I actually like his art style.
Th15Marisa.png

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Cate Archer

exotic-locations.jpg

Honorable : Lady Maria , Bayonetta 2 , Jill Valentine

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
latest

Shanoa in Castlevania Order of Ecclesia. Still one of the most beautiful female character to me.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
One is just so hard!!!! between Hyrule Warriors Impa:
237c8d686df4d02d62fdbf66a5e9edc3.jpg

And Rinkah from Fire Emblem:

8kuec4wqzz611.jpg

Honorable Mention Akira Rival Schools:
latest

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
had to think real hard about it but after all these years it's still

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

FFX - Auron

Last edited:

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite is petty much all the alien races in Mass Effect, specifically the Geth/Legion
mass-effect-space-legv3khk.jpg

Some others that come to mind:
Manny Calavera - Grim Fandango
Pyramid Head and the Mannequins - Silent Hill
Red - Transistor
Anubis - Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner
Ico & Yorda

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I find it difficult to differentiate the actual design from how you feel about a game or story or a character's personality.

I love Arthur in RDR2, but people will claim it's just because I love the game and story.

I love Lara Croft as well, but people will claim it's just because I'm a man.

I guess if I'm going by the design alone I would choose... hmm... maybe Kirby. Because he's so simplistic in looks but so complex in his capabilities. Earthworm Jim is great as well, but you could only choose one so I'm going with Kirby.