• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 25, 2018
Salsa and ranch with cheese and bacon bits. Best shit ever made. Pair it with sun chips, pretty much perfection.

Oct 29, 2017
Not a secret, but there this sponge cake my grandmother used to make that now only my mother knows how to bake because her sisters never learned the recipe.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
"Grandma's salad." Fold a package of pistachio Jello pudding into a tub of Cool Whip. Add drained can of fruit cocktail and drained can of Mandarin oranges. Sprinkle chopped hazelnuts on top. We have it at Thanksgiving and Christmas. (Also better known as Watergate Salad.)

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Nothing.

I bought Julia Child's mastering the art of French cooking and the way to cook and it consistently tops whatever version of a childhood dish I remember. That meatloaf with ketchup on it? Pass. Instead one made with beef chuck, Italian sausage, savory herbs, baguette crumbs, eggs, and aged cheddar.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
Apple pie & pecan pie. My sister makes apple. I make pecan. Pecan recipe can interchange with walnuts by substituting walnuts (no shit) and bourbon (instead of rum). I feed that to the damn Yankees. Don't cheap out on the booze, either. You can tell. No, it doesn't all cook off. I make a virgin version for Muslim friends, but you need orange peel or something else a little bitter to make it taste right.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
For a delicious desert we just dump a bag of Oreos on the floor and eat it like the animals we are.

Last edited:

Zaphod

Aug 21, 2019
Judgement and spite, mellowed out with some of the best locally sourced passive aggressiveness available.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
Closest thing we have is putting ginger ale as a base for turkey then basting the mix juices with it.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to describe it, but then I googled what we call them and they appear to be pretty common. :(

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
Potato Salad. Mind you, it's just seasoning, shredded chicken, and other assorted veggie pieces. Sometimes beets, sometimes slight spices, etc.
It's a favorite of anyone that tastes it, but it's like, super common from where we come from. (Panama)
U.S. peeps really have it rough when it comes to food during the holidays. :(

Oct 27, 2017
The booze is cheap shit in expensive bottles, which never come out until everyone is already toasted and can't tell the difference

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
My mom makes a killer turkey and black bean chili.

My grandmother was the chef in the family but she never wrote her recipes down before she died so everything besides her chocolate chip cookies went with her.