pjl93

Jun 2, 2020
NJ
They all have their merits but I usually prefer the darker interpretations like jim carrey's .

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Patrick Stewart adaptation or bust. I would change my username to "Mistuh Toppah" if they let me and I'd change my avatar to highlight that glorious goddamn mustache.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017

The right answer.

a6e740fb-3780-4310-82c6-956b735c8f5e-marleyandmarley.jpg

Marley_and_marley.JPG.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Had the best Scrooge too.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably The Muppets.

I actually didn't hate the Jim Carrey one, the darker take on it was enjoyable.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Muppets is great, but also shoutout to the 30min Disney one from the 80s with Scrooge McDuck as Ebeneezer Scrooge and Mickey as Bob. I've watched it about 5-10 times this christmas with my daughter, and I loved it as a kid, and it's as good as an adult as it was then. Although I always thought it was longer, like a full hour, it's pretty short.

The scene of the giant taking the roof off the houses and peeking inside, or using the light post as a flashlight is great.

073fG5.png

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
My mom and dad LOVE the Muppets Christmas Carol. It's probably their favorite holiday movie.

My favorite is probably the Disney version but not the animated one, instead I love the LP audio version they put out the year before the animated one that has a lot more songs. Still has Alan Young as Scrooge, etc. It's great.

EDIT - Actually I think you can listen to that version on Amazon HERE

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
Muppets for me. It's not necessarily the best take on the story itself, but to me it embodies Christmas as a holiday the best, which can be argued is a vital part.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Mickey's Christmas Carol, but I've not really watched an adult version, so my knowledge is limited. I would imagine I would enjoy Sir Patrick Stewart's version, but I would have to see it to be sure.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
The Alastair Sim one from the 1950s, but I'll actually defend the Zemeckis cartoon one, which I think does the most work of any of his films in terms of showing off his virtual camera trickery.

Jill Sandwich

Oct 25, 2017
The 1970 Scrooge with Albert Finney is a Christmas tradition in our family. We can pretty much quote it word for word!

Oneiros

Oct 27, 2017
Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol probably. I love the songs in it.

The Alastair Sim one is the best live-action version.

Xalechim

Oct 28, 2017
Flintstones Christmas Carol is so underrated. It tells the story twice in one movie in an intriguing way.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Alastair Sim one is pretty excellent. My family has watched it every year since I can remember. Muppet Christmas Carol is also a good one.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Film adaptations:
1. Patrick Stewart Adaptation
2. Scrooge (Albert Finney musical)
3. Muppets
4. Geroge C. Scott Adaptation
5. Scrooged
6. Simms
7. Carrey (The animation is just too ugly. I would LOVE for someone to just traditionally animate it, because the voice cast is fantastic)

Specials:
1. Black Adder's Christmas Carol
2. Mickey's Christmas Carol
3. Mr. Magoo

Worst Fucking Adaptation Ever And It Should Be Wiped From Existence:
Last year's BBC miniseries with Guy Pierce.

Patrick Stewart adaptation or bust. I would change my username to "Mistuh Toppah" if they let me and I'd change my avatar to highlight that glorious goddamn mustache.

Pretty sure you can ask a mod to change your name.

And it is one amazing mustache.
mBxFEJU.png

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
The first one that springs to mind is the Mickey's Christmas Carol, as it's the one I watched most often as a kid.

Also have a soft spot for Scrooged.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Mickey's Christmas Carol, but I've not really watched an adult version, so my knowledge is limited. I would imagine I would enjoy Sir Patrick Stewart's version, but I would have to see it to be sure.

If you're looking for direct adaptations you can't go wrong with the Patrick Stewart version or George C Scott. Both are very direct adaptations. I prefer the Stewart version. Both Stewart and Scott are fantastic as scrooge, but I think the Stewart version has the better supporting cast).

The Simms version is also a very direct adaptation. It adds a lot to the Christmas Past segment to show Scrooge's more gradual downfall, but I just don't think any of the performances really stand out compared to other adaptations.