• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Muppets is great, but also shoutout to the 30min Disney one from the 80s with Scrooge McDuck as Ebeneezer Scrooge and Mickey as Bob. I've watched it about 5-10 times this christmas with my daughter, and I loved it as a kid, and it's as good as an adult as it was then. Although I always thought it was longer, like a full hour, it's pretty short.

The scene of the giant taking the roof off the houses and peeking inside, or using the light post as a flashlight is great.

073fG5.png
holy shit i totally forgot this existed

I used to LOVE this

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Muppet Christmas Carol.

Hands down

honorable mentions for Scrooge's and Mickey's Christmas Carol

Oct 25, 2017
Muppets is great, but also shoutout to the 30min Disney one from the 80s with Scrooge McDuck as Ebeneezer Scrooge and Mickey as Bob. I've watched it about 5-10 times this christmas with my daughter, and I loved it as a kid, and it's as good as an adult as it was then. Although I always thought it was longer, like a full hour, it's pretty short.

The scene of the giant taking the roof off the houses and peeking inside, or using the light post as a flashlight is great.

073fG5.png
Probably the CC I remember the most.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

073fG5.png
This one. It's charming, snappily-paced, and just the right length for holiday viewing.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Muppets, easily, with the caveat that I think the Alastair Sim version is better... but the question was favourite, and god, it's wonderful.

While I wouldn't claim it's *good*, particularly, I'd also quite like to nod towards the 2000 adaptation with Ross Kemp of all people as "Eddie Scrooge" for having an interesting Groundhog Day element added to the storyline

webANXachristmascarolrkemp.jpg

Last edited:

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Muppets.

THERE GOES MISTER HUMBUG. THERE GOES MISTER GRIM.
If there was a prize for being mean, the winner would be HIM.

Mett

Oct 29, 2017
The 1980s George C Scott one, though I dont reckon I saw the 70s or the 50s one, would like to though.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
i was scrooge in my high school's production. it was a musical, not sure where the songs came from as i'd never heard them before

muppets, probably

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Watched them ALL again this past week. Muppets and the one with Patrick Stewart as Scrooge are still the closes first and second place possible. The Muppets one is just too perfect to not be number 1.

Crmetteer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a big fan of the 1938 version. Something about the way all the characters emote really stands out to me.
Im also a big fan of the Muppets version, even as someone who doesn't care much for the muppets. The music works shockingly well.
I also want to give a shout-out to the Jim Carrey version. It is very faithful to the source material.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
George C Scott was the best Scrooge IMO.

Patrick Stewart is just too likable to be accepted as a proper Scrooge.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
MV5BMTczNjM5ODU1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzc0NjcyMQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR107,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

The George C Scott version is the best version in my opinion. It at the very least has the best ghost of Christmas present or at least my favourite.