• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone has his favorite, right? While some may feel adverse effects of paracetamol, others have digestive problems using acetylsalicylic acid.

I prefer using ibuprofen for moderate pain. If I have a heavy headache or a strong hangover, I tend to use a cocktail of paracetamol + acetylsalicyl acid + caffeine, a combination used against acute migraine attacks usually. It works quite fast because caffeine accelerates the absorption of the NSAIDs.

Have you experience with other, less known painkillers which have few adverse effects? Or don't you take any? I had a friend who took none unless he really had to because of very strong fever.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
I tend to shy away from 'scripts. If I've got a bumpin' headache or something, I usually just light up a joint.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Zombie-Dust-Beer.jpg

Benz On Dubz

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I was hospitalized with this banging ass headache a few years ago. The doctors gave me some fioricet (butalbital). It's like a barbiturate, caffeine, and acetaminophen.

That did the trick. Wouldn't mind having a few of those on reserve.

Otherwise, I generally find Naproxen works well for me.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weed. I was high during a bad fall down the stairs. The pain was terrible but not as bad as it should have been.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
I take Fiorinal for my migraines and other severe headaches. It's a combo of a barbiturate, aspirin, caffeine, and codeine. I've been growing a tolerance for it over the years though so I need to go to the weed store and get some edibles or a maybe a vaporizer that I can use when I'm at home because it might work just as well and then I could take less pills.

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
I think if you have a favorite painkiller you have a problem.
I only take a painkiller if I really really need it. You should not resort to drugs so quickly. Unless you have some kind of serious clinical problem of course.

OP
OP
Oynox

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think if you have a favorite painkiller you have a problem.
I only take a painkiller if I really really need it. You should not resort to drugs so quickly. Unless you have some kind of serious clinical problem of course.
Well it was meant jokingly. Of course you should not eat painkillers like chocolate, but I think most people tend to use one specific one if they have to. Either because it works better, they are used to it or whatever.

Standard painkillers like aspirin, paracetamol and ibuprofen are not that bad for your health, fortunately, unless you take them for a long time they can damage your liver. Also, your stomach, arguable the most sensible organ of the body, gets really fucked up by too many medications which can have huge effects on your well being of course. Opioids are highly addictive so that is another story.

iphys

Oct 27, 2017
Tylenol because most NSAIDs give me aspirin-induced asthma and cause inflammation throughout my body.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Ibuprofen's the only one I keep handy. Don't use any often enough to have a basis for comparison.

Paracetamol/acetaminophen is a bad idea for a hangover, since it's processed by the liver. NSAIDs are the better option.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Nothing. Pain is the only thing I have left to feel in the yawning abysm of an apathetic existence.

Ibuprofen works

Crayons

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, morphine.

I try to stay away from it though. Haven't used it in like...3 months?

_swee_

Oct 26, 2017
Portland OR
When I had multiple surgeries last year, doctors gave me so much oxy. I have multiple bottles worth. They definitely made the pain tolerable

hurroocane

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Ibuprofen works wonders for me. Cheap, super effective for any kind of pain - I LOVE it.

I tried paracetamol a couple of times because it's so much cheaper but it doesn't seem to work for me. At all.

I took Palladone ( hydromorphone ) once and it completely knocked me out for 48 hours and I don't think that was supposed to happen.. so... not doing that again.