• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlphaDump

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Shouldnt this be in the gaming section?

But seriously caffiene and not eating like shit contribute the most for me. Excedrin is also fantastic.

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
Curiously, ibuprofen doesn't work for me, at all.

My 'favorite' is acetylsalicylic acid. It really helps me with my strong cramps, and even headaches. For my back pain I use caffeine + carisoprodol + paracetamol, and it also helps me to sleep a lot better. For stronger headaches dipirona + isometepteno + caffeine is also awesome [to be really honest I believe I am already addicted to caffeine in a certain level]. But as far as I know dipirona is forbidden in the USA, so it might not be that good for you.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Paracetamol for headaches (but from the extra strength ones) and ibuprofen for any kind of muscular pain.

I should go get some ibuprofen now, actually, to deal with my larynx...

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Weed. After that, Ibuprofen would probably be the one that works best for me. I don't respond well to opiates. They make me itchy and nauseated.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
It depends on why I'm taking it, I guess. Acetaminophen is my go-to simply because it interacts less with my prescription medications. Ibuprofen is more for migraines or sinus headaches, though I find naproxen works better and I don't have to take as much so I rarely (if ever) take ibuprofen any more.

T3s also work pretty well for migraines if I don't take them too often.

I've only ever had oxycodone once for tooth pain, and it was barely enough to stave that off. I still had a portion of the bottle lying around after the fact, however, and if I were to point at a favourite I would absolutely pick oxycodone. I felt fantastic taking that and I'll admit it's not something I'd leap on the chance to get again. I can see how people springboard off that to stronger stuff.

I generally don't take any painkiller unless I absolutely need it, though.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ibuprofen is my favorite. If the pain is quite awful, I'll take ibuprofen + Tylenol. That provides a lot of relief. If the pain is extreme (approaching migraine or unable to sleep) I have Vicodin.

+1 ibuprofen was found to increase life span in rats. Tylenol kills your liver.

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I might develop an opiate problem if it wasn't expensive and hard to get and you know, the life ruining part.

I use an NSAID like naproxin along with acetaminophen when I've done fucked myself up.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Hydro or Oxy's.

Don't like anything stronger, nor want them. They make me sick if I use them for more than a few days though. Haven't used them in quite some time, due to not injuring myself or having any major pain. The euphoria makes the pain not matter.. it's great. Though I can see why the are so addictive.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I have psoriatic arthritis that only occasionally flairs up, so a massive dose of ibuprofen is a godsend.

Been prescribed oxy after some surgeries I've had and while I really do like the feeling of them, I can't do large doses or I feel sick. While in the hospital last time, I was in quite a bit of pain and still had a couple hours before my next dose of pills so the nurse recommended I utilize a breakthrough dose IV of dilaudid. Now holy shit. I've taken lots of different drugs over the years, but I have never experienced anything like that. It was a beautiful feeling. I didn't ask for it again because that shit was good and I could tolerate the pain.

Last edited:

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
I use an NSAID like naproxin along with acetaminophen when I've done fucked myself up.

I was recommended naproxin for my back pain because it was supposed to combat inflammation and be a painkiller, but I didn't respond well to it. I bought it instead of codeine the doctor prescribed me because I am too fucking scared to use any opiates [when I found out about 'lean/purple drank' I was shocked].

NeonCarbon

Oct 28, 2017
The good stuff.

Otherwise, Nurofen ibuprofen liquid capsules. I was skeptical of the liquid marketing, but they do seem to act faster.

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I was recommended naproxin for my back pain because it was supposed to combat inflammation and be a painkiller, but I didn't respond well to it. I bought it instead of codeine the doctor prescribed me because I am too fucking scared to use any opiates [when I found out about 'lean/purple drank' I was shocked].
there are a lot of nsaids you can try. Combined with acetaminophen it really deadens the pain. I screw my back in the most asinine ways a couple times a year and it's the only thing gets me through work. Also make sure that if you're standing at a table, like you work at a restaurant that the table is tall enough so your not hunched for hours on end. These are the only two pieces of advice I've found work for me.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I grit my teeth, lay down w lights out or just chill and power through it. Not a fan of taking pills to deal with pain, I have done that very infrequently.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1mg dilaudid + 25mg benadryl fast IV push

6g7ibIK.gif

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I take two ibuprofen a day before my evening 5K. That's it. I'll only take them for moderate to severe headaches or hangovers. Acetaminophen occasionally at night for my severe sleep apnea.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't take meds much, I've see people I know who started with moderate usage ruin their lives later on. For me Ibuprofen maybe for inflamation, and asprin to thin my blood when I get headaches maybe is it.

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the pain. Ibuprofen for muscle aches or physical pain, Excedrin (i.e. acetaminophen + caffeine) for headaches.

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
I always instinctively pick aspirin, or ibuprofen sometimes, but I honestly couldn't tell you why. I suppose I'll take whatever over-the-counter stuff is available if I need it, the extra strength stuff preferably.

I only take painkillers probably two or three days per year. Only when I have the worst headaches.

Gulfwarvet

Oct 30, 2017
For headaches, water and then sleep. Anything else man up and feel the pain!

(no broken bones, no server muscle issues)

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
Adrenaline is the only thing that actually works for me. OTC and the weaker prescription ones never do anything.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Time.

I avoid medications as much as possible, unless necessary. I've always been a let nature do its things person. That said, I'm healthy and don't suffer from chronic pain. Even if I did I would consider other alternatives. Painkillers can have some gnarly side effects and addictive properties.

∀∃:ETURNA

Oct 27, 2017
Cannabidiol (CBD) with Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). I don't like smoking or vaporizing, so edibles or pills with a 1:1 ratio are pretty great for administering. The effects last pretty much all day, too.