• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you enjoy most about Era?

• News Aggregation

Votes: 155 63.8%
  • The community

Votes: 68 28.0%
  • The diversity of topics

Votes: 75 30.9%
  • The quality of discussion

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • BronsonLee

Votes: 57 23.5%

• Total voters

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
What do you like most about the site, what draws you in and keeps you coming back? Use this thread to talk about your favorite parts of the site!

For me, one important thing is this is a really great news aggregator. You can catch a lot of breaking news here, both gaming and non-gaming stuff.

Also, by and large we're a great community! Most places like reddit or other forums don't really concern themselves with diversity or representation, and it's cool that here there are a lot of different communities represented, especially when a lot of the fan side of gaming can be really toxic.

Edit: Please keep it positive and don't use the thread to complain about whatever you feel is wrong with Era, that's not what this is about!

Last edited:

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
The community is a highlight of a quite diverse, progressive and accepting (unless people are being assholes) of each other group.

Also like you said, the news aggregating, without the usual "We just copied the article and pasted on our own site" as I've seen a couple of times.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The One Piece thread and now, the "Latest Threads' tab cause I only use the main VG/Etc parts for news.

Oct 25, 2017
The threads that make you go "why can't you fuckers be normal?" Being not normal myself, I feel at home in this community of abnormals.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
How active it is. I highly prefer regular forums to reddit-style threads and upvotes, but most forums are slow. Also no edgy right wing teens.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hyper fast news aggregation and thread creation is why I was at GAF and why I'm here.

Froyo Love

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
it's an internet forum where being openly bigoted isn't tolerated

you'd think with the bar that low, there'd be plenty of competition, but alas

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
its the community

The lack of absolutely deplorable sociopathic narcissistic posters who clog up the rest of the internet.

Thank you era. I like people who put effort into being respectful.

OP
OP
RedMercury

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
The first month of this forum a year ago where everyone was nice to each other and not fueled by hate and anger
You're in a positive thread right now, stop with this. How about crowdfunding treatment for Talal 's illness? Or when everyone came together to watch Powerhouse grow up (RIP buddy)? Here's hundreds of posts saying nice things about other members: https://www.resetera.com/threads/hey-era-say-something-nice-about-another-member.73401/

Quit focusing on the negative, there is plenty of positive to go around.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed on everything in the poll, along with:
  • The number of major people that participate (primarily on gaming side)
  • The sheer transparency from the mods and admins
  • The smoothest redesign I've ever seen

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
It gives me something to do at work.

The "How do you human?" threads give me hope. Those threads let me know that with all my inabilities and social issues that there are people worse than I am

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
The diverse, largely progressive community. It's not something you find a lot online when you enjoy videogames. I'd honestly be pretty sad if it went away. Most everywhere else is legit toxic garbage filled with the worst kinds of people.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
definitely not the community. can be pretty bad at times. i just avoid politically charged topics. can't be bothered with that. i'm here to talk about games.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
42.jpg

it me!

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i like it when the fights start, those are always entertaining to read

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The community easily. There are some real butts that show up from time to time, but I've met so many incredible people here who have changed my life for the better. And just having some place on the Internet where it's not a complete travesty for minorities is a welcome break from the rest of it

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
Not the rage. Many discussions (especially political) are filled with hate and mods often do little to nothing about it.

I mostly like news aggregation and a portion of the community talking about videogames and media.

I also think Bronson Lee is cool, but I don't see him enough. But when I do, it's like seeing a unicorn.

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
New aggregations easily.

And when the mods go crazy with the ban hammer. It's funny in a disconcerting way.