• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Lilycove City in Hoenn. Big city with being a coastal city, having a department store and Contest Center. I also want to mention Olivine since it's also coastal, has a Gym and a major lighthouse (I love lighthouses).
Damn how could I forget Olivine? It's one of my favorites too. Love how they updated it in HGSS!

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Lilycove_City_ORAS.png

Slateport is also a strong contender. Johto is my favorite region as a whole though.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Came here to say Ecruteak, OP did my job for me. Johto had really nice vibes.

I really like most of the towns in Diamond/Pearl, too. It is kind of funny, because that is probably my absolute least favorite set of games from a gameplay perspective, but Sinnoh was a great region. Loved its quiet northern atmosphere.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Ecruteak due to the variety of buildings, the lore, the towers and the music.

A close second, due to the music and the SS Anne, is Vermilion. I heard Vermilion's music in an orchestral arrangement and almost wanted to cry from emotion.

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
Goldenrod City, especially in the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal games. That town theme combined with the pixels and day-and-night cycle . . . <3

Aside from that, Verdanturf Town because it's right next to the Pokemon Daycare . . . I used to go there all the time as a kid because I mistook the elderly man for an actual bear who wore a sweater vest, and I thought it was cute seeing the other Pokemon play in the backyard. The Ruby and Sapphire remakes made me realize that the Daycare owner is indeed an actual elderly man and not a bear.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My fav's already been covered a lot. Ecruteak just has a great combo of design, lore, and music.

Cerulean City is pretty good too. Lot of cool set pieces inside and nearby (Rocket encounter, Nugget Bridge, Bill's Lab, Cerulean Cave).

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Breaking it down by regions;

Kanto;

Vermilion City; There is just something peaceful about the port city.

Johto;

Cianwood City, Again the city is so peaceful plus it's near the Whirl Island, which home to Lugia.

Hoenn;

Mossdeep City, Nice little peaceful island plus the space center is there.

Sinnoh;

Canalave City, I enjoy reading up lore, so the Canalave Library really makes it stand out along with the history of the Inn and the history of Iron Island.

Unova;

Anville Town, it's a nice and peaceful little town where the train sleeps thus making a perfect escape from the humdrum of the city life.

Kalos;

Don't have one due to Kalos being the most uninteresting region to grace the Pokémon series.

Alola;

Malie City, It has a nice garden to visit plus a library that dives into the history of Alola.

Honestly all the routes, caves, forest city, town and island in all region are pretty good and added a lot of character to the region...except for Kalos, that region is nothing more than a test engine region.

Last edited:

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Goldenrod first came to mind, I still remember when I first got there as a kid, place was amazing to me.

obligatory #fuckWhitney

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
I love Slateport from RSE. There's not a lot going on, but I love the beach and the music is amazing.

Ecruteak is absolutely a runner up, though. So beautiful and incredible music too.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Until HG/SS I didn't really think much of anything in Johto, but the added detail to Ecruteak made it my number one.

Usul

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dune
New Bark Town solely of the fact that stepping outside here during my first Pokemon game and listening to this song for hours is so nostalgic.

Last edited:

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Lavender Town... It's been over 20 years, but it is still the best, best music, best story, best pokemon.

Millori

Oct 29, 2017
Ecruteak City. Yes I know everyone else said it but the atmosphere in that town was strong enough that I still remember it vividly to this day, despite not having replayed the game since I was a kid.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
OP ended the thread

Everything about Ecruteak is wonderful, especially the music.

Of all Pokémon cities, i'd Want to see that in 3D the most.

7e6c42e86bd10362aadeda0ae220970ee7f7ad3e_hq.jpg

Tomita

Oct 25, 2017
Ecruteak is a great pick. It's probably in my top three. I love the classic Japanese architecture, the autumn mood in the DS remakes, the lore with the three gerbils and Ho-Oh, and Morty.

My other two picks (not sure how to order them) are Fortree City and Lavaridge Town. Lavaridge is really small, but I thought the hot spring was so charming. I wish it had more, but I still loved to visit there all the time on the GBA games and save the game there. Fortree City was also really creative to me at the time. I mean, who doesn't wanna secretly live in a treehouse? I too loved the bridge sounds, as well as the surrounding routes. I always had my Secret Base be on the left bottom route between Fortree and Lilycove because it had cute puddles nearby, a pond, and four berry patches for me to farm 99+ berries. I was so mad when they screwed that base up in the 3DS games...

Overall I don't really like the ORAS remakes. I hate the stiff animations from the characters; the 3D design still feels cheap even if it's slightly better than XY; I feel like the region loses more charm than it gains. I thought FireRed and LeafGreen were all right for Kanto (they made some weird decisions, but the game still looked good and kept the feel of the region for the most part), and HeartGold and SoulSilver are my favorite Pokemon games. I'm playing Silver right now, and you can see how much charm they added to the DS remakes (besides making some quality of life changes like the berry / apricorn stuff). With Fortree and Lavaridge, the towns may not have been that big, but they were cute and they were on the GBA. I feel like the 3DS games could have added more flavor to both, just like they did with Ecruteak and the autumn colors, but they really dropped the ball. I think it disappoints me so much because I was so impressed with seeing real color in a Pokemon game back in the GBA era. I thought ORAS could invoke the same feelings of awe when going into 3D, but the transition has been real weak so far. At least Sun and Moon look decent. /gen rant

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Trying to choose for a reason other than music:

Cinnabar Island

Mewtwo lore, bringing fossils back to life, and Missingno.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Aspertia City for sure. For one thing the music. It's the only starting area that is a city and not a town. Plus the special view. Everything is perfect.

4SMwYi3481QiW6-bbgfVPFTYbtk87p7yxiqTEzQguwI.jpg

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Celadon City is my favorite. Love the theme of flowers and plants everywhere as well as their gym leader being my favorite from the first series.

Olivine City is my second favorite. On the beach, and it's gym leader is my favorite in the franchise.

Deleted member 15457

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Driftveil is my favorite just because the music is so good.

Driftveil's music sounds a lot like Calamari Inkantation

Anyway mine are: Nimbasa City from Unova, Lilycove City from Hoenn, and Lumiose City from Kalos.(I loved it for the same reason a lot of people hated it: it's huge! A Vivec sized city in a Pokemon game with multiple fly points is great. My only major beef is that the Eiffel Tower isn't the Battle Tower.)

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Town or City?

If we're talking about both...

AFTER 30 MINUTES....

I finally decided on Fuchsia City.