• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 24, 2019
Whatever you think about the activities in Ubisoft games, the beauty of art direction and level of detail in their open worlds are undeniably astounding.

What would you say their most stunning open world to date is?

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Odyssey.

I've played 100+ hours so far and I still stop occasionally to pan the camera across the landscape and snap photos of the scenery.

There's a good variety of locations and looks across the various islands, too. Tropical, temperate, sandy, volcanic, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Assassins Creed 1 is the most memorable one for me. I grew really tired of their open world games later on, but I still have strong memories of my experience with the first AC game.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Their best is AC:Origins without a doubt, but my favourite is Far Cry 4. Most people would say it isn't amazing or anything, but I just freaking love the Himalayan setting.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Watch Dogs 2 San Francisco

then NY in Division 1. I've been playing it alot recently. And as lackluster as the story is. It sure tells a story in the environment.

Egypt in AC Origins. Just cruising the Nile is fantastic. Stop off on an island here. Find a little cave to explore. Get back on ur lil boat and cruise somewhere else

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Unity. It was by far the best city to parkour around. Buildings looked great with fantastic verticality. Streets were packed and all.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, Black Flag or Odyssey. Odyssey probably just edges it out, especially if you take Atlantis into consideration

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed: Origins.

Beautifu, engaging, and a huge amount of variety when it comes to biomes

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Origins was really cool but the one I remember the most was definitely Brotherhood so I'll have to go with that one.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I loved all the cities in the Assassin's Creed Ezio games.

2 and Brotherhood I love how you were funding renovations for such iconic buildings as you progress in the game. Later games in the series either don't have architecture as well known, or the cities themself just aren't as inpactful as Rome or Florence.

And even Revelations I loved because I remembered it being a really dense city that also expanded the color pallet of the game compared to the previous ones so it looked gorgeous.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Division 1's NYC for me. The sheer level of detail is insane and underappreciated IMO. I love just getting on there and running through the city.

Also like AC Origins and Watch Dogs 2's worlds

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Unity for its incredible recreation of Paris.

And FC5 for the open world.

Not Odyssey, which was bloated beyond comprehension.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Origins and though FC5's story wasn't my favorite, the open world Montana was fun.

Syndicate's Victorian London was cool too, especially just running around it with the rope launcher.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Watch Dogs 2

It really felt like they addressed a lot of my specific criticisms about the world in WD1 in the sequel, and over 100+ hours I never got tired of hanging out in virtual San Fran even when i heard "Ghosts are REAL mAaAaN!!" for the thousandth time

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Definitely Origins for me. Loved the historical accuracy. Odyssey took too many fantasy liberties with the giant statues for me to consider it on the same level as Origins and Unity.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Black Flag, definitely. Something about the Caribbean setting really was amazing... and the Sea Shanties of course. Spent countless hours just sailing around with my crew singing.

I need Skull & Bones with an added single player ASAP.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
All of the Assassin's Creeds this gen have been astounding to me in their detail with Origins Egypt being my favorite.....London and Paris just behind.
I'm about to start Odyssey and I'm sure it will continue the trend.

Oct 31, 2017
I loved all the cities in the Assassin's Creed Ezio games.

2 and Brotherhood I love how you were funding renovations for such iconic buildings as you progress in the game. Later games in the series either don't have architecture as well known, or the cities themself just aren't as inpactful as Rome or Florence.

And even Revelations I loved because I remembered it being a really dense city that also expanded the color pallet of the game compared to the previous ones so it looked gorgeous.
Couldn't agree more.

Nothing touches the architecture shown off in the Ezio trilogy.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Black Flag for sure. The boat was so much fun to control.

I hated boat controls in Origins. Felt like a down grade.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
AC: Origins.

I find ancient Egypt to be a fascinating time and place in history and it was beautifully represented in Origins. I adored all the detail.