What is your favorite vocal theme from Sonic games?

Oct 27, 2017
Recently being disappointed by the minimial additions added to Sonic’s music collection in Smash Ultimate got me thinking about the series’ vocal songs, so which is your favorite? Feel free to share why.

For me, it’s What I’m Made Of (Crush 40, Sonic Heroes)

This is probably the most energy I’ve felt from any of Crush 40’s Sonic songs and I love it. It’s also the only time Crush 40 made different songs for both the theme and final boss, which makes it feel unique in that this song is dedicated towards fighting the final boss. Also, I don’t know how, but they actually managed to make the lyrics sound both the chessiest thing ever while also being the coolest thing ever. This song is definitely underappreciated and deserves more recognition.

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic Riders series' theme songs are sleeper hits. Ungravitify, Free, etc.

I Am is another good one.

What I'm Made Of *is* the GOAT though.

daxy

Oct 25, 2017

City Escape. Of course.

Pumpkin Hill is a close second. Don't hate.

🎷The gray emerald's power allows me to feel. 🎷

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever it is, it's from Sonic Rush. That whole soundtrack is amazing.

I can't stand basically any vocal Sonic music outside of that game.

Oct 25, 2017
Every time you fired up Sonic Adventure, you’d hear the truncated instrumental version of Open Your Heart. Over the five campaigns, this is how I grew to learn it.

Watching Sonic go Super, and the moment you hear full version of the song kicking in as the letters P E R F E C T C H A O S clack across the screen will forever be one of the hypest moments in gaming for me. Every hair on my neck stood straight up, it was perfect.

Of course only Sonic Team could fuck up their own hype by making the second half of the battle have that generic ass music track replace it :P

Nov 15, 2017
What I'm Made Of will always have a place in my pre teen, hopeful for the world, ready to take on anything heart.

Oct 25, 2017
Im not gonna say any of the Gamecube era Crush 40 music because cmon they're too good.

Reach for the Stars was amazing.

Also the Sonic Riders Zero Gravity (lowkey best Sonic game) had a killer theme

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Sorry but every part of Sonic Heroes is bad.

Open Your Heart is the best though. Vocal stuff got overused past Adventure 1 (Hell, IN Adventure 1 too), but that one felt special.

Oct 28, 2017
Oh now this is a good thread. Sooooooo many greats. Glad to see What I'm Made Of in the OP. I think it's the best final boss track of the Adventure era. Though the best vocal track of the Adventure era is clearly City Escape. ROLLIN AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND

But I'm gonna say a less popular one all in all. Endless Possibilities was straight up the best thing in Sonic Unleashed. THIS IS MY ESCAPE. I'M RUNNIN THROUGH THIS WORLD AND I'M NOT LOOKIN BACK

Oct 4, 2018
Is it strange that I really like the cheesy-ass vocal songs from the Dreamcast era even though I never played them?

Either way, Speak with your Heart from the end credits of Sonic Colours is very underrated, and so uplifting!

Oct 28, 2017
Pumpkin Hill had my favourite rap. I think what made it ao good was how it fit so well with your feelings playing the level.

I CANT SEE A THING BUT IT'S AROUND SOMEWHERE

Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna mention a couple that nobody has mentioned yet. I actually quite liked some of the tracks in Secret Rings. Seven Rings in Hand was great. And of course.....

WHO'S GONNA ROCK THE PLACE

Oct 25, 2017
There's too many I love for my to pick an absolute favourite, but damn if Escape to the City doesn't still get me hyped up to this day.