• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Recently being disappointed by the minimial additions added to Sonic's music collection in Smash Ultimate got me thinking about the series' vocal songs, so which is your favorite? Feel free to share why.

For me, it's What I'm Made Of (Crush 40, Sonic Heroes)

This is probably the most energy I've felt from any of Crush 40's Sonic songs and I love it. It's also the only time Crush 40 made different songs for both the theme and final boss, which makes it feel unique in that this song is dedicated towards fighting the final boss. Also, I don't know how, but they actually managed to make the lyrics sound both the chessiest thing ever while also being the coolest thing ever. This song is definitely underappreciated and deserves more recognition.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I Am... All of Me
Here we go buddy here go buddy here we go buddy here we go

evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
Sonic Boom (ending version). It's groovy and features the best recording quality the series has had to date.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Sonic Riders series' theme songs are sleeper hits. Ungravitify, Free, etc.

I Am is another good one.

What I'm Made Of *is* the GOAT though.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
OAjd.gif

City Escape. Of course.

Pumpkin Hill is a close second. Don't hate.

🎷The gray emerald's power allows me to feel. 🎷

Last edited:

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever it is, it's from Sonic Rush. That whole soundtrack is amazing.

I can't stand basically any vocal Sonic music outside of that game.

Oct 25, 2017
Every time you fired up Sonic Adventure, you'd hear the truncated instrumental version of Open Your Heart. Over the five campaigns, this is how I grew to learn it.

Watching Sonic go Super, and the moment you hear full version of the song kicking in as the letters P E R F E C T C H A O S clack across the screen will forever be one of the hypest moments in gaming for me. Every hair on my neck stood straight up, it was perfect.

Of course only Sonic Team could fuck up their own hype by making the second half of the battle have that generic ass music track replace it :P

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
What I'm Made Of will always have a place in my pre teen, hopeful for the world, ready to take on anything heart.

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im not gonna say any of the Gamecube era Crush 40 music because cmon they're too good.

Reach for the Stars was amazing.

Also the Sonic Riders Zero Gravity (lowkey best Sonic game) had a killer theme

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sonic Heroes main theme definitely, though Sonic Colours' is also very good.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Sorry but every part of Sonic Heroes is bad.

Open Your Heart is the best though. Vocal stuff got overused past Adventure 1 (Hell, IN Adventure 1 too), but that one felt special.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Probably City Escape

But shout out to Sonic R, which I actually think has an amazing soundtrack

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
ALLLLLL ALONE WE WILL NEVER BE

THE TWO OF US ARE HOLDING THE KEY

WE SEE TODAY, A WORLD WE COULDNT SEE

BEFORE I SAY GOODBYE TO YOU, ONE MORE LAST FISTBUMPPPPPP

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So many great songs. But Im leaning to Escape from the city.

Oct 28, 2017
Oh now this is a good thread. Sooooooo many greats. Glad to see What I'm Made Of in the OP. I think it's the best final boss track of the Adventure era. Though the best vocal track of the Adventure era is clearly City Escape. ROLLIN AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND

But I'm gonna say a less popular one all in all. Endless Possibilities was straight up the best thing in Sonic Unleashed. THIS IS MY ESCAPE. I'M RUNNIN THROUGH THIS WORLD AND I'M NOT LOOKIN BACK

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
Is it strange that I really like the cheesy-ass vocal songs from the Dreamcast era even though I never played them?

Either way, Speak with your Heart from the end credits of Sonic Colours is very underrated, and so uplifting!

Oct 28, 2017
Pumpkin Hill had my favourite rap. I think what made it ao good was how it fit so well with your feelings playing the level.

I CANT SEE A THING BUT IT'S AROUND SOMEWHERE

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Sonic Heroes main theme is still my go to Sonic song

And it was my first Sonic game

But I also like Shadow the Hedgehog main theme too

Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna mention a couple that nobody has mentioned yet. I actually quite liked some of the tracks in Secret Rings. Seven Rings in Hand was great. And of course.....

WHO'S GONNA ROCK THE PLACE

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Nothing can top this songbird

But in all seriousness, City Escape is a jam.

mtlspider

Oct 26, 2017
First impressions count.
City Escape to be the first stage of SA2 and have its own vocal theme caught my attention.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
There's too many I love for my to pick an absolute favourite, but damn if Escape to the City doesn't still get me hyped up to this day.