• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Your favourite class/job?

• Warrior

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Dragoon

Votes: 90 26.2%
  • Monk

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • White mage

Votes: 25 7.3%
  • Black mage

Votes: 58 16.9%
  • Red mage

Votes: 59 17.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 81 23.6%

• Total voters

ADee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Obviously there's so many jobs in the series so I can't include all of them in a poll but I tried to use the most "famous" (atleast according to me, but there are so many classes I would like to include like Dark knight, thief, blue mage, paladin, beastmaster the list goes on....) ones.

For me it's Red Mage, I love hybrid classes in all RPGs and this is my go to class when it is available.

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nerdophiles.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F02%2FKain_Dissidia_012.png

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Blue Mage or Beastmaster. Easy. Especially their 11 variants. Both are solo machines who utilize mechanics in interesting ways and have baller as fuck armor and lore.

latest
latest

Oct 25, 2017
I voted for other to say Knight or Paladin. The defensive melee class that can cast a few spells is always cool. Enjoyed Paladin in WoW and enjoy the class archetype in most RPGs.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I would say it varies by game!

Based in their representation in Bravely Default (that counts right?) I really like dark knight! Such a fun class in that game due to the combos you can pull off with losing and gaining HP!

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
When I think Final Fantasy, two images come to mind: Kain's awesome pose and Vivi. Dragoons and Black Mages are the best.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Dragoon, just love Freya final fantasy IX, jump, dragon crest, Spears in general are awesome. They break guard ignore defenses have short and long range. It's just a great class.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
Blu Mage is always a blast no matter what game its in, so I'd have to go with that. You get a huge variety of different spells and in order to learn them you need to find the enemies that use them, it's just a really fun mechanic and I'm a fan.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mostly played FFTA, but I find Blue Mages fun because of their different method of learning monster skills and how the different buffs/attacks are a good fit with any other unit.

Ninja close second. Two swords and status effects, baby

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Where's Blue Mage?

Such a fun job, love them in FFV had such a blast tracking down all the spells.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
<----

although I only JUST started levelling black mage in FFXIV after 1 and a half years of playing, I levelled Dragoon and Samurai first going entirely against my aesthetic.

also Beastmaster is great just for the FFV outfits

5-trainer-a.jpg

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Blink tank Ninja is by far the best. It's a shame what happened to them in XIV (and really, that game as a whole)

And yea, I already know they weren't intended to be tanks in FFXI.