• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Your favourite class/job?

• Warrior

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Dragoon

Votes: 90 26.2%
  • Monk

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • White mage

Votes: 25 7.3%
  • Black mage

Votes: 58 16.9%
  • Red mage

Votes: 59 17.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 81 23.6%

• Total voters

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I choose Black Mage simply because I love Vivi so much. Really though? I guess the paladin, because that's what I used to play that in WoW lol.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Conceptually it's Summoner, but unfortunately they're often not really fun or practical to play as. So for actual in-game purposes I'll say Spellblade/Magic Knight.

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dragoons are like the coolest shit.

Gameplay wise, you need to have a balanced party... so 4 Monks it is.

Last edited:

Geeklat

Feb 13, 2018

Fencer. Just a nimble little swordswoman on the battlefield doing crazy damage/debuffs through precision.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Design wise, classic dragoon and red mage are my favorites. But I love playing as a bard in FFXIV. Though I may change to a less support heavy role whenever I can be assed to start playing again.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Thief

Thieves generally kind of suck

But god damn gimme that loot

Moara

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Monk_concept_art.jpg

Monk always

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Ninjas. I love that speed and the dual wielding ability. They are even better if you have various different weapon equipping abilities to make the class even more broken.

Also, I like the Red Mages' outfit and their dual cast ability, but I much prefer to slapping Dual Cast on a more specialized magic user like a Black Mage.

The Bravely Default games gave me more appreciation for the Blue Mage job, though in those games they are called Vampire(BD1) and Catmancer(BD2).

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Knight its a cool knight that steals life from people has a giant sword and wears all dark colors

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Gun Mage from Final Fantasy X-2 specifically, but Blue Mages in general.

I am still legit upset that despite the bazillion releases that is has had, that FF XII still does not have a Blue Magic system. It fits that game so well it hurts.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I typically like just the sword guy (warrior/fighter) but black mage is pretty vital. Dragoons are great though with Jump as you can cheese battles with them if everything falls into place..

Dragoon: *jumps*
Enemy: *wipes entire team*
Dragoon: Glad I'm not down there.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Gun Mage from Final Fantasy X-2 specifically, but Blue Mages in general.

I am still legit upset that despite the bazillion releases that is has had, that FF XII still does not have a Blue Magic system. It fits that game so well it hurts.

Loved Gun Mage.

Anyway Summoner for me.

I like many of them though. Loved Mystic Knight from FF5.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mage forever. Was my favourite class in FFTA but have generally been disappointed in mainline series offerings. Quina is the main exception.

Talax

Oct 27, 2017
Will forever be Blue Mage.

I can't believe it's not in the poll. This is a conspiracy by OP. He knew there would be many of us!!!!!

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to come out and say Machinist. No other class in FF14 was able to wring anywhere near the deep and... almost frightening emotional response I had this week seeing a Machinist whip out an Auto Crossbow in that job actions trailer. You take that irrational fanboy response out of the equation, it's a four way toss-up between White Mage, Black Mage, Red Mage and Ninja.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Picked Black Mage, but if Final Fantasy Tactics counts, then a Ninja, Time Mage, Samurai combo.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Summoner

FF hooked me once I finally saw a summon. Took until I got the Ifrit materia in 7 for me to see one for the first time. Instantly became my favorite. Played it in both MMOs as well.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
I can't decide between Red Mage (especially the FFXI version), Paladin, or Dark Knight (especially the FFXIV version). They all have tons of style.

I also really love the FFXI Dragoon and wish XIV's version had a pet.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In previous games, my favorites have been Monk, Red Mage, and Dragoon.

In XIV, I like all three of those besides Red Mage.

Kent

Jun 4, 2018
Blue Mage, foremost and forever.

Not only is it a hybrid-style battlemage type of job most consistently throughout its implementations (enough to cause it to be a core part of the job identity - with a couple outliers, but a lot of jobs see outliers periodically), the unique and generally-eccentric style of acquiring new spells as well as thinking about how you're supposed to use them makes for an eclectic and unorthodox mentality on how to go about combat. It just makes everything else about their games so much more interesting. The implementations in FFTA, FFTA2 and FFXI are among the better ones, with the latter being what the series should really use as a model for it going forward. Bravely Default deserves an honorable mention for the Vampire job being pretty great on its own.

It's supremely disappointing that they took the direction they chose with Blue Mage in FFXIV.

Second favorite job would probably be Mystic Knight. You might start to notice a pattern here of mixing swords and magic together. Bonus points if I can mix these two jobs together (like in FFV or Bravely Default).