• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Your favourite class/job?

• Warrior

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Dragoon

Votes: 90 26.2%
  • Monk

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • White mage

Votes: 25 7.3%
  • Black mage

Votes: 58 16.9%
  • Red mage

Votes: 59 17.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 81 23.6%

• Total voters

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Songstress

cGFgWL5l.jpg

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Red mage for life. I identify with the jack of all trades moniker and the look is rad. I was an RDM in FFXI, too.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
I'm in love with the concept of geomancer, but don't really enjoy playing them very much.

Warrior is my favorite in XIV

Overall...probably summoners? I love summons....

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Paladin, baby!!

It's what I played in FFXI and it's pretty much determined my MMO identity since. Love the high defense, use of some white magic, and tanking role when talking about the MMOs specifically. In my favorite single player FF, I also make Ashe a Paladin so that she has a more aggressive combat role instead of making her the archetype of passive healer heroine.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have an incredibly strong emotional attachment to Machinist due to my turbulent history with the job in FFXIV. I was really excited for it when it was announced, as I'm a really big fan of characters who use more advanced technology in otherwise standard fantasy settings. I started leveling it when it launched and honestly it was straight up garbage. I basically hate-leveled it over the course of half a year because even if it was super boring, I thought the armor looked really cool.

Eventually I had to swap over to it for my raid group (I've traditionally mained Monk) since we couldn't fill our ranged slot and I happened to have it leveled. Thankfully, as I got better at it, the more I found myself taking pride in playing it. Years later and I'm still maining it. The job has gone through a lot of changes since it launched, the majority of them being pretty dang awful (this job has traditionally been broken, and not in the fun overpowered way), but I can't help but find myself wanting to stick with it.

Quadaess

Oct 27, 2017
Sevilla
Blue Mage and Beastmaster easily.
Beastmaster was so much fun in FFXI... it almost felt like an entire different game. And i've loved Blue mages in every game they've appeared. It includes the personal quest to gain its abilities that other jobs don't have.

300px-Beastmaster.jpg
latest

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't actually... played a FF through, if much at all, to have a say here. But visually I love White Mage

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
RDM, like the look and being versatile.

Though i inevitably play a tank in every goddam. MMO.

Vorpal

Nov 4, 2017
Summoner/Caller. I've always loved the idea of a character who goes, "I can't fight worth a damn, but I'm going to summon a giant beast that'll rip off your head and shit down your neck."

Oct 27, 2017
Summoner of course. Give me those 20 minute long summoning cutscenes where the galaxy gets destroyed everytime you use them.

Bulbul

Nov 20, 2017
I like Dark knights the best, usually my favorites in FF and BD.
Red Mages are awesome as well.

Kientin

Oct 27, 2017
All time favorite is Puppetmaster in FFXI. Love fighting with my customizable little buddy. I'm also a big fan of spellswords like Mystic Knight and Rune Fencer.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Red Mage... specifically from FFXI. I don't think I've ever found a job's solo and party role to be as satisfying. Loved all the micromanaging of skills and equipment. Also being able to solo stuff most classes could only dream of was the best. I will never forget solo'ing the Sea Horror at a pretty low level.

Ellian

Oct 27, 2017
Puppetmaster from XI, by a long long mile
Followed by XI's blu, XIV's rdm, and dragoons in general

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Summoner. I love the big flashy animations. Bonus points if the summoned creature gets to stick around and fight for a while.

Runner up would be the Redmage. I like having a class thats a jack of all trades. Plus they look pretty dapper.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Points to avatar. Beastmaster <3

Best class in FFXI, and I've been looking for the BST experience in other games ever since. There was nothing like it. A lone beastmaster in a dangerous world that he learned to respect on all the other classes, and get to use it as his weapon as a BST. I got a chance to relax and chill out in the most beautiful areas no matter how threatening they were, all while taking part in dangerous combat. Sigh...

PUP, the one true Job.

pg8WfvZ.jpg
Ok, this would have probably been my answer if I had a chance to try it. I looked over it, even though I duoed with a pup near level 75 but I thought I was helping them haha. I did see some amazing PUP solo videos in Abyssea. It loos like the answer to "what if you're in a zone where you can't charm things." I wish they would remaster FFXI for new consoles and PC. I want to go back and not just be back to visit which is what I currently do, forgot the address and phone number of my old account and SE isn't budging.

Last edited:

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
If I had to go overall design language and skillset, the Dragoon is the best. Jump is powerful and useful. The dragoon armor design is beautiful and unique.

If I had to go pure skillset, then Black Mage. Offensive magic is always the best skillset to have.

In therms of design, I have to give it to White Mage. The white mage garb is the cutest thing and is a great basis for character design. It's so iconic and adds to the unique overall feel of what makes final fantasy, Final Fantasy.

I'd love a non MMO job/class based main line final fantasy. Go back to the roots again.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mage or Beastmaster, but I'm sad that Monk is so low in the results.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Chemist. I love mix ability. Moogle Gunners in FFTA have the best portrait art, though.

4KLobster

Dec 17, 2017
Japan
Excellent choice! Their random nature magic is so much fun!
Geomancers were great in FFV, random elemental spells saved my hide in a few boss battles...

Where's Blue Mage?

Such a fun job, love them in FFV had such a blast tracking down all the spells.

For sure, though class names were not stated in FFVI, collecting/learning spells for the old guy was great fun!

All in all, would vote Blue Mage.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dragoon is my #1
Dancer is my #2

I play neither in FFXIV coincidentally (well DNC isn't out yet there, but I'm a healer main, so...)