• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
BraXzy

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Loved Hustle, and how it really captured the essence of that slick 1970s crime caper movie - in keeping, too, with the aesthetic and feel of the series as a whole.

Original:

I used to be obsessed with this show as a kid... you're joking me that it is over 10 years old... damn.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Outlander

I especially like how each season they change it up a bit. Season 2 spent a lot of time in France, so part of the intro song was sung in French too.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Teenage mutant ninja turtles opening from 2003 is a secret pleasure.

oh! you reminded me. maybe the first time i actually took note of how an intro was constructed: Batman the animated series.

Twin Peaks... it's sorta good but waaaaaay too long. it's like 2-3 minutes isn't it?

edit - yeah 3 minutes! that's bananas.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Sopranos, SFU, Band of Brothers, the Pacific, friday night lights, true detective S1, the leftovers S2, the americans and westworld are all pretty great.

Oct 27, 2017
Stranger Things x 1,000,000 and it's not even close.

I can't stand intros after the first episode of a show, but Stranger Things just hits my nostalgia zone so hard that it never gets old to me. The amazing synth, the slow reveal, the font choice, the neon colour... It's perfect.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i am perplexed by people who say X files. it's so bad. it was bad at the time. when it debuted i thought it looked like the most budget thing ever. i guess it's ironically good now.

the song does all the work

Emmz

Oct 28, 2017
Dexter's is so good. Just makes me depressed again about how bad the show got towards the end.

As far as short but sweet, both Lost and Breaking Bad are fucking awesome. Instantly transports me back to watching those shows for the first time when I see them.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Love the title sequences of Nathan Barley, Garth Merenghi's Darkplace, Bottom and Stranger Things too.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Twin Peaks has already been posted, but here's another:

Serial Experiments Lain. It's nothing particularly flashy or bombastic, but the bizarre, uncanny vibe fits the show so perfectly.

Emmz

Oct 28, 2017
The Star Trek TNG one is preeeetty good too. Just a better version of TOS, but the more iconic one for me.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True Detective Season 1
Stranger Things
Dexter
Twin Peaks (S1-2, 3)

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017

True Detective Season 1

Was a career hi-light to get to work on this with the super talented Patrick Clair & Raoul Marks.

Elastic/Pat are killing it atm so quite a few of theirs in my picks:
- Game Of Thrones (the first elastic title that made me notice them, love how this matches reading a fantasy novel with a map, also great how it changes locations as needed)
- Halt and catch Fire (making what should be very intense colors work so well and the brief journey it goes on)
- American Gods (The atmosphere, lighting and compositions are crazy good)
- Stranger Things (simple, captures the look and mood perfectly of the films and shows it is meant to evoke)
- Dexter and Six Feet Under (back when digital kitchen where kings of title design and couldn't be beat)

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Damn how could I forget X-Files. Northern Exposure was also a good choice even though I didn't watch the actual show.

Here's another show I didn't watch buy really liked the intro for:

Kinopio

Oct 27, 2017
I always thought the opening, particularly the theme song, of the original run of MacGyver was pretty good.

Another one that comes to mind is Superjail.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Catchy tune, high energy, gives you all the information you need ("Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines"), and that synth-y horn-y sound in the background is hype (I think it's the same melody they use as the battle theme).

It helps that the animation quality is a bazillion times higher than most actual episodes

Oct 25, 2017
Damn you guys already posted a bunch of my favorites. garth marenghi's darkplace, stranger things, halt and catch fire, the wire....
But The A-team is just perfect.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
How about TV shows that deserve better?

Deadwood, a horse running through town in slow motion with old-timey music is rather hackneyed.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
SpongeBob SquarePants

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

I'd actually vote against Stranger Things, personally. I love the show, and the title sequence is good, but by the time I reach episode 4, I just wish I could skip it. A great title sequence is one I am happy to watch every episode, even if I'm binging. BoJack is a great example of that done right.