• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
There's nothing. People have a visceral hardwired fear of death, so they make up stories about it to convince themselves and each other that we're not just creatures of flesh and blood who will expire like every other form of life.

Believing you'll pass on to a happy afterlife and be reunited with your loved ones? Come on, these are obviously feel-good stories that are meant to give people comfort.

Mar 30, 2019
Well, if anyone figures it out, hopefully you will share the answer with the rest of us. In the meantime, I will put a link for your listening consideration while you ponder the metaphysics of reality.
latest

youtu.be

fox capture plan / Butterfly Effect

Butterfly EffectWritten : Hidehiro Kawaifrom "BUTTERFLY" 4th November, 2015 Releasehttp://www.amazon.co.jp/BUTTERFLY-%E3%83%90%E3%82%BF%E3%83%95%E3%83%A9%E3%...

Absolute0

Oct 27, 2017
That there is no afterlife. When I die everything about me will die forever except memories others have of me and those will eventually die as well. Gonna end up a big ole pile of dem bones.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
After reading all these posts stating that there's no life after death; I'd like to bring this book to your attention - "The Urantia Book". A book that all humans on this planet should at least read once. I don't think I can cover all the topics mentioned.

It's from a more or less a Christian standpoint (many would disagree since it forces you to re-learn a lot that the modern Christian Faith has taught - for example: there is no hell.

The book extensively covers:

The definition of God

The history of our local universe

The cause of the "Big Bang" all the way to the formation of earth

The early stages of earth and the evolution of the human species to this point

The actual origin of Adam and Eve and their default

A perspective of all religions, and where they have faltered and excelled (highly recommended

Full description of the afterlife - it's not just endless bliss and repetitive actions that are being carried out. The post would be pages long if I had to list what goes on on the other side, better to read it yourselves. Our short stay on earth is the first link on this chain that is our long journey ahead.

And last but not least,(imo) the definitive life and teachings of Jesus Christ. It really puts him in a new light. Jesus for the masses, for everyone willing to learn by example from how he lived his life, from childhood to death.

Im not sure what more I can say, many of you will dismiss this book and that's okay, some of you may even read it and be put off by it but those that do chance to really dig in will be better for it I assure you.

By a Christians definition I would labelled somewhat a heretic - but this book has changed my perspective made me even more Christ like and caring to my fellow person that I could ever imagine. Between religions and people it's not a competition, it's ultimately a group project.

The book doesn't hold your hand, it's very technical which is a pro and con. I would recommend reading in this order for ease of understanding:

Part 3: The history of Urantia

Part 4: The life and teachings of Jesus Christ

Part 1: The central and super universes

Part 2: The local universe

I'll leave you with a few choice quotes relating to the thread:

"Eternal truth should not be slighted because it chances to be found in company with obsolete ideas regarding the material world."

"Science teaches man to speak the new language of mathematics and trains his thoughts along lines of exacting precision. And science also stabilizes philosophy through the elimination of error, while it purifies religion by the destruction of superstition."

"Modern man is adequately self-conscious of religion, but his worshipful customs are confused and discredited by his accelerated social metamorphosis and unprecedented scientific developments. Thinking men and women want religion redefined, and this demand will compel religion to re-evaluate itself.
Modern man is confronted with the task of making more readjustments of human values in one generation than have been made in two thousand years. And this all influences the social attitude toward religion, for religion is a way of living as well as a technique of thinking.
True religion must ever be, at one and the same time, the eternal foundation and the guiding star of all enduring civilizations."

"Evolved religion commands respect because its followers believe it is The Truth; "the faith once delivered to the saints" must, in theory, be both final and infallible. The cult resists development because real progress is certain to modify or destroy the cult itself; therefore must revision always be forced upon it.
Only two influences can modify and uplift the dogmas of natural religion: the pressure of the slowly advancing mores and the periodic illumination of epochal revelation. And it is not strange that progress was slow; in ancient days, to be progressive or inventive meant to be killed as a sorcerer"

There's so much more - I can't force you to believe in life after death, only put the info out and ask that you may reconsider.
There's so much to do in this life and even more in the next, but with that said we should try our best to do good by others and lookout for each other especially at times like these - not only should we love others as we love ourselves, but endeavour to take it a step further and love others more than we love ourselves!
It should be noted that the book appears to cover the history of the universe and humankind as it was understood 100 years ago when it was written, so I'd take all its scientific claims with a large grain of salt (nevermind the supernatural claims).

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I like to believe that this video has some truth, but I'll let you know once I find out.

More than likely it's like the time you slept so well that you when you woke up, you didn't know the day. But you don't wake up.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
"The first law of thermodynamics states that energy can't be created or destroyed. It can only change forms."

I like to think people are free of their bodies and continue on in a new form with new "senses" to interact with whatever else is there.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
I think reincarnation might be real. It's sad thinking children and babies that die young would never have a chance to experience life and also people who have had a hard bad life might be able to be reborn to a better one and those that hurt or kill others are reborn into a harder life. I think souls are reincarnated into new bodies to gain more experience.

I'd also like to think that in my next life I can be a more attractive and successful person. I just wonder if the whole reincarnation system is a gamble or do souls pick the lives they become

kaiush

Jan 22, 2018
I have no idea and because of that, I know that no one else does either because none of us has ever had any kind of divine or unique knowledge in regards to any heavens or hells. All our religions are just ideas or hopes and obvious things to have thought of. But, they are most likely all wrong because none of us know anything. Priests from centuries past, who cemented these religions into our cultures, knew even less. We understand very little about our own consciousness or the universe itself, let alone concepts of realities outside or beyond them. Heck, we just recently figured out that there even is a universe and galaxies and protons and black holes. We don't know shit. I don't, you don't. And that's okay. We all just woke up in this odd, unknown place. There is very little hope we ever will understand it while we are in it.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018

aint that the truth.

the folks saying shit that its despairing that an afterlife doesnt shit is despairing is bonkers to me

death being final is what gives life meaning, to make these moments we have with each matter, to work to make sure the folks who come after us live hopefully live better lives closer to how we picture a so called afterlife to be

mrbogus

Jul 14, 2019
I'm a fence sitting agnostic. I won't presume humanity in its current state has figured out all of existence to know one way or another.

My beliefs are thus summed up as: I'm here now. It's just as likely I could be somewhere else when this ends.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
There's nothing I believe about it one way or the other. I hope something of the people I've loved who've gone before me survives; if not, when I die I won't exist to care about the concept.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am a christian. I believe in Jesus. Its tough sometimes thanks to certain morons but I hope to be a positive ambassador in times where many church goers fall into a bigoted trap.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I really wish there is one so there is some comeuppance for evil people like Trump/McConnell/Winnie the Pooh/Hitler etc.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus is my Lord and Savior. There is heaven and hell. God loves us so much He gave His Son so we can be saved

I know some of you do not believe but I tell you, GOD loves every one of you no matter who you are or what you did or what you've been through.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Death is nothing more than reverting back to before you existed. Life goes on, you are not there. Total non existence

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I believe God created us. It's clear to me with my own eyeballs that this world was intelligently designed. I also have a very strong testimony in my personal life, leaving me no doubt that God has his hand on me. Through the good and the bad, I will never lose faith in my lord and savior Jesus Christ. I believe that after this life, I will be in his presence.

I am a christian. I believe in Jesus. Its tough sometimes thanks to certain morons but I hope to be a positive ambassador in times where many church goers fall into a bigoted trap.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. There is heaven and hell. God loves us so much He gave His Son so we can be saved

I know some of you do not believe but I tell you, GOD loves every one of you no matter who you are or what you did or what you've been through.

I do believe God created us and the entire universe To me, that is self-evident.

I believe in Jesus as God's only Son that He gave so that we can be saved, and trust in Him alone. He is my Lord and Savior and I've accepted His gift of forgiveness through grace. I believe there is everlasting life in His kingdom. I believe that to be absent from the body is to be in the presence of the Lord Jesus.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing happens. There is no afterlife or reincarnation or disembodied spirit. Once you die, your truly dead

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My belief is with science, which can't prove anything, which makes me think about it being nothing and that terrifies me so I try not to think about it.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
You die and that's it.

If you get buried, you decompose and become food for some animals and plants