tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
Been juggling both Infinite Wealth and Star Ocean: Blue Sphere (with a fan translation) on my Analogue Pocket.

Infinite Wealth I just made it to Dondoko Island, currently working on getting it to a 3 star resort. Gonna get to 3 stars, then continue with a bit with the main story, and come back to finish it up a bit later. It's so easy to get sidetracked by all the wonderful sidequests in the game, I've got most of them cleared (have 2 more Sujimon gym leaders to fight too). Have a 3 day weekend coming up so hoping to spend a ton of time playing.

Star Ocean: Blue Sphere I just made it to the Knott Lab and I don't really care for it. Not sure if anyone has played this one, but while it's very impressive-looking for a GBC game, it also has some strange design choices - like extremely complicated maps and dungeons, and some other weird things (like a lack of weapons and armor but a ton of characters to use and skills to level up). The battle system is clunky, as it feels rather random whether or not you or the enemy get a hit in, and in classic tri-Ace tradition is woefully unbalanced, you'll steamroll a ton of enemies and then come across one that wipes the floor with you in seconds. Turning Item Creation into microgames is also a neat idea too, was able to cook up a bunch of abalone and not have to worry about money for a while (since enemies don't drop money, the only way to earn it is by selling items you make with Item Creation). The story is minimal and there is very little of the great characterization of SO2 (even if they have all the same characters). This could be something if it got a quality remake, but right now it just feels pretty frustrating to play.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
What did you think of it?! Does it still hold up in 2024. I'm thinking about doing a streaming playthrough with my daughter of it!

So I loved Golden Sun as a kid 20 years ago.

It absolutely holds up IMO. Part of it could be nostalgia but I think it is still a unique RPG with its puzzle mechanics, djinni capturing etc. I'd use a djinni guide though as some are easily missed (especially the ones on the world map) and I presume if you do GS you'd want to do Lost Age after and would benefit from transferring all the djinni across.

The only thing that I don't like as a 30 year old is some of the dialogue. I never felt it as a kid but it is a bit wordy at times. Not a deal breaker but there's an awful lot of needless "hey Isaac, do you think X has really changed their ways?" or people chatting about inane things when they're supposed to be fleeing, which can damage the pacing. It is a bit eye rolly but nothing too egregious.

Overall a solid 8 out of 10 and really excited to revisit Lost Age. Hope that helps.

DeadMoonKing

Nov 6, 2017
Finished Xenoblade 2 after 134 hours last night.

What a frustrating game it ended up being. I really loved the story, there were some really cool places to find and the music was great, but the act of exploring itself was not fun, being constantly badgered by enemies and map navigation being pure ass -- though I'll be the first to admit I'm not exactly Magellan in real life, so this game had me constantly turned around; that cave level was pure torture. The combat system, even once it clicked, wasn't really all that engaging. I also don't think I've ever played a game with that much inconsequential busywork before.
From about Ch. 7 on I would just make a beeline to the boss of the stage so I could see the next story beat. Maybe if I ever decide to play it again, I'll enjoy it more since I can be OP from the start on New Game + and just explore at my leisure, but that won't be for a long time. I also have no burning desire to fire up Torna yet, but I mainly got that when I did for the DLC. I also didn't play XB 1's DLC till long after I had beaten it, so maybe in a few months, I'll be ready for a bite-sized Xeno adventure.

So now, I either go back to Growlanser 1, start Like A Dragon or play something else entirely.
Candidates are the prelude game to Eiyūden Chronicles, BoF II, or FFVIIR Intergrade to get ready for Rebirth. Decisions, decisions.

Oct 29, 2017
USA
I'm on my third playthrough of FFVII Remake to get prepped for Rebirth. Damn do I love this game. I replay so few games now, and it's even rarer that I get excited to go home and get back to a replay. I'm about to head to Wall Market and play what is probably my favorite chapter of the whole game.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Hello, nice to meet you, I'm the designer of Star Ocean 5 and I'd love to tell you my brilliant idea! The camera should be on wheels and bob up and down unrelentingly on every slight change of elevation! Too many people who play games don't experience nausea and I'd like to fix that.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Hello, nice to meet you, I'm the designer of Star Ocean 5 and I'd love to tell you my brilliant idea! The camera should be on wheels and bob up and down unrelentingly on every slight change of elevation! Too many people who play games don't experience nausea and I'd like to fix that.
Haha I mentioned this as a complaint a few days back. I couldn't tell if I just got used to it or if it got better after a while, what's your opinion on it? Like when I started in that beach side level I had to convince myself to keep playing, but soon I realized it wasn't bothering me. It did make me feel physically ill at first though ugh

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Hello SO5 director, thanks for making me realize that having all the characters in a party at the same time is a baaaad idea

Carcosan Stag

AVALANCHE
Oct 25, 2017
R'lyeh
P3 Reload for now! Just killing time before Rebirth at the end of the month really…

I hate (and love) the feeling you get when a major hyped release for you is right around the corner. It casts a looooong shadow over everything else you're playing lol. 😭

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Haha I mentioned this as a complaint a few days back. I couldn't tell if I just got used to it or if it got better after a while, what's your opinion on it? Like when I started in that beach side level I had to convince myself to keep playing, but soon I realized it wasn't bothering me. It did make me feel physically ill at first though ugh
I stopped playing at the town after the beach with the intention of going back, but when I did go back realized I still felt sick from the first time. So I downloaded 6 instead, since they're both on PS+! I really wanted to give 5 a chance since it's such an underdog, but 🤢

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
P3R - just had my first dungeon death about 20 hours in and lost an hour of progress, feelsbadman

ShinkuTachi

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 29, 2017
I've been playing Persona 3 Reload.

I've given this game about 20 hours, done the first bit of Tartarus to completion (till it's blocked off), and I believe it's about time I share my thoughts. So I guess you can call this my first impressions. First impressions from a P3 vet. I've played P3FESP a bajillion times and I've been looking forward to this one.

First off... this remake is FREAKIN AMAZING! It's basically a P5R-ification of Persona 3. At the same time, it completely maintains the nature and spirit of Persona 3. It didn't lose its identity. The game and the script is largely 1:1 from the original, just P5R-ified.

The remixes of classic tracks and the new tracks are tight. The ENG dub of this game is excellent. However, it's taking some getting used to, because Akihiko and Ikutsuki new CVs are jarring ass hell. Especially Aki, Liam O'Brien ain't easily replaced, lol. But still, the dub is fantastic.

Now to Tartarus! And WOW, just WOW! It's awesome! This game makes Tartarus feel like it's on so much more of a grand scale. It *feels* massive. You can control your party now and battle is super fun. My only complaint here is that shuffle time doesn't shuffle and Mitsuru doesn't analyze, lol.

All-in-all, Atlus has done an exceptional job marrying Persona 3 to P5R's modernization, accessibility, and quality of life improvements; without P3 losing itself. This remake is everything I could have asked for in a Persona 3 Remake, and better than whatever I imagined it would be.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
About halfway through Laura's scenario in Unlimited SaGa now and have to say my experience with the game is pretty mixed.

Sad to say its starting to feel pretty tedious at times. That roulette wheel got old pretty fast. Ran into an obstacle? Roulette wheel. Have to unlock a door? Roulette wheel. Spike trap? Roulette wheel. Stub your toe? Roulette wheel. Want to use a very specific weapon tech? Roulette wheel.

Once I wrap that up, MS is next. Sif is a giant badass viking muscle lady. That alone makes her a frontrunner for the protag in my book. Going to be hard choosing between her or Hawke for my first Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song run. Hawke does seem to have abit more stuff going on though with a cool beastman party member aswell.

Albert has too much generic JRPG lead energy for me to ever consider him. Out of all these characters, he's the one that just seems like a stale loaf of bread.

I can feel his village burning down and his childhood best friend having a crush on him that he's oblivious to just looking at him.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Been juggling both Infinite Wealth and Star Ocean: Blue Sphere (with a fan translation) on my Analogue Pocket.

Infinite Wealth I just made it to Dondoko Island, currently working on getting it to a 3 star resort. Gonna get to 3 stars, then continue with a bit with the main story, and come back to finish it up a bit later. It's so easy to get sidetracked by all the wonderful sidequests in the game, I've got most of them cleared (have 2 more Sujimon gym leaders to fight too). Have a 3 day weekend coming up so hoping to spend a ton of time playing.

Star Ocean: Blue Sphere I just made it to the Knott Lab and I don't really care for it. Not sure if anyone has played this one, but while it's very impressive-looking for a GBC game, it also has some strange design choices - like extremely complicated maps and dungeons, and some other weird things (like a lack of weapons and armor but a ton of characters to use and skills to level up). The battle system is clunky, as it feels rather random whether or not you or the enemy get a hit in, and in classic tri-Ace tradition is woefully unbalanced, you'll steamroll a ton of enemies and then come across one that wipes the floor with you in seconds. Turning Item Creation into microgames is also a neat idea too, was able to cook up a bunch of abalone and not have to worry about money for a while (since enemies don't drop money, the only way to earn it is by selling items you make with Item Creation). The story is minimal and there is very little of the great characterization of SO2 (even if they have all the same characters). This could be something if it got a quality remake, but right now it just feels pretty frustrating to play.
They seriously made a sequel to SO2 back in the day....on the GBC. -_-

God damn it, Tri-Ace.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
I started Chrono Trigger earlier last year, then kinda stepped away from it when Tears of the Kingdom released. Back at it with CT now and having a good time! I think I'm pretty near the end of the game now, just got the last party member.

The first time I played it, I'm pretty sure I made it up to the Giga Gaia boss in Zeal and stopped. Feels good to make more progress this time.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
FF7 (PS1)

Temple of the Ancients was disturbing. Was Cloud brutally beating Aerith at the end there? WTF, and he gave Sephiroth the Black Materia... I was desperately trying to stop it with kid Cloud..This game really breaks the 4th wall at times.

Sephiroth is straight up ethereal/ghost-like in this game, he changes the entire atmosphere once he's on screen. He almost makes it feel like a horror game at times.

That scene with Aerith in the forest was really sad, and she's left the party😭. This game can get really dark..

Last edited:

MemoryCarp

Feb 6, 2024
Just got to Chapter 9 on Granblue Fantasy Relink. Finding it hard to invest in the story as I know the game is going to blow wide open once I get to the endgame. Just trying to rush through to the ending at this point.

I'm loving the combat though... Been sticking with the MC for now, but definitely want to give Zeta a go once I start experimenting with the endgame. Any good suggestions for who to unlock first? I've got a couple of crewmate cards to use up.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Just got to Chapter 9 on Granblue Fantasy Relink. Finding it hard to invest in the story as I know the game is going to blow wide open once I get to the endgame. Just trying to rush through to the ending at this point.

I'm loving the combat though... Been sticking with the MC for now, but definitely want to give Zeta a go once I start experimenting with the endgame. Any good suggestions for who to unlock first? I've got a couple of crewmate cards to use up.

Choose who you find the most interesting and fun to use. You can turn off auto-save, and try the different characters then reload to make your final choices.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Metal Max Returns is really charming but I am abit disappointed the currency is just plain ol gold.

Half the fun of post apocalyptic settings is the makeshift money.

Game looks great for its time and seems to have unique animations for every weapon and item used in battle which I can't think of being done in other JRPGs of its era.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
With NEO The World Ends With You leaving PS+ next month it has officially become my next game to play... but I have to finish it by next Thursday so I can get to FFVII Rebirth! HLTB says it's a 40 hour game which is kind of rough, but I'm trying to speed through it at what is hopefully a good pace. Hopefully I can cut those hours down to like 30 and manage to power through.

It's pretty cool. I haven't played the first or watched the anime or anything. I like that the pacing is pretty brisk and I can click through stuff pretty quick. I don't really "get" the battle system, so far I'm just rapid firing my skills and seem to be demolishing everything but the bosses with ease (they haven't been hard either, but I'm not getting A/* on those fights lol). When I master a pin I just equip an unmastered one without care for what any of them do yet. I just started Day 3 and am about to get a new character I guess which will be nice, it feels pretty limited so far with 3 characters with 1 pin each.

For the sake of speeding up my playthrough, is there even a point to the NPC flavor text you get from reading minds? Everything is snappy enough I've been grabbing all the dialogue but it has felt pretty pointless lol.

Jetsun Mila

User requested ban
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
Finished Final Fantasy III HD Remaster. Steam says 24 hours, my ingame timer says 14 hours, might be that I accidentally kept the launcher up sometimes.

WIth that said, I loved the throwback to simple 80s JRPGs, but the Job System allows for some surprising depth in there. The twist that the continent you spend like half the time in is just a tiny speck on the real world map is a great one, better than the Midgar twist. It also does a lot of things right with optional dungeons, there are half a dozen of it and this makes an overworld actually useful. I used Cheat Engine for disabling the penality for Job Switching, sometimes disabled Random Encounters when I had the feeling that I fought enough and multiplied the EXP gain by 2x to 3x depending on the situation. This made for a smooth experience without any grinding at all.

Except, the last dungeon was complete bullshit. Not only do you have to get through two dungeons to even reach it (at least you can save after the first), you can't turn back at all one you reach it, without any warning that you cannot return.
This wouldn't be bad as the dungeon itself is like 15-20 minutes, but the difficulty spike is the highest I've ever seen in any JRPG. Like I was destroying everything left and right with my lv 50 party including the boss in the previous (second out of three) dungeon without any effort, and suddenly the 4 side bosses in this dungeon have DOUBLE the amount of HP of the previous boss and hit twice as hard.
But the worst is the very final boss where I had to set the multiplier to 20x and grind for like 7 levels because she completely wiped the floor with my party. Like she can suddenly attack 4 times in a row. And given that any game over would mean that you had to start all over at the end of the first of three dungeons... I assume that many DS's were broken thanks to that boss. Absolute bullshit.

But otherwise it was a good experience and a worthy upgrade to the original game.

Last edited:

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I regret starting Neo TWEWY so close to Rebirth because there's just no way I'll be done by tomorrow night lol. It's frustrating because I find the game extremely fun, but also it is constantly reinforcing that its length feels inflated. On top of that there's a lot of systems at play but they all require grinding the shit out of battles, which are a blast, but I keep feeling compelled to want to buy all the outfits, earn all the rewards, etc.

And Scramble Toss... these are some of the worst fucking missions I've ever encountered in an RPG if you're going for the mission rewards, and just straight up bad even if you're not. I hate myself for trying to get the top rewards during the first two (i assume there's one during a third week and will not make this mistake again). I spent like 2 and a half days grinding the week 2 one and didn't get anywhere close to the top reward (I didn't unlock the 10-chain battles until like 2/3rds through it and would've got it with that ability, but of course at the expense of literally dozens and dozens of more encounters). If you're going for the top reward (which you have to play slower and more carefully since you're trying to maximize combos+damage) you will have a minimum encounter rate of 17 encounters which you need to chain x5 so 98 fights. Reading a guide I see it suggests coming back later after getting the x10 chain ability, so possibly closer to 142 encounters. I believe the second one had 26, so you could potentially have up to 260 encounters. It's fucking nuts. You can probably hit the target without quite doing all of those encounters, but I'm betting the minimum required to hit it is closer to those literal hundreds of fights than it is to anything close to fucking reasonable. I even did the bullshit like letting jellyfish multiply and keeping the base ones alive so I could kill jellyfish for like 5 minutes every time one was in an encounter. Both times I ran off a sunk cost fallacy to keep trying, but it was just a huge fucking waste and really sours my opinion on the already quite bloated game.

Anyway, to leave on some positives, the gameplay is just awesome. Once you get over the hump of having a million pins to master and experiment with and start coming up with actual builds the synergy between them is so fun, learning how to efficiently combo and dodge away from attacks feels great, and it's just very cool. The dub is very good and I find the characters pretty fun for the most part, though funny enough the two characters that I think are returning from the first game (Minimamoto and Beat) are by far the most annoying to me. The first dude just says a bunch of cringy math shit and the second one just says a bunch of cringy shit - though Fret's relationship with the latter is a lot of fun. That's more on Fret being a lovable goof though, with how he seems to really admire the unlovable goof. Rindo is eh fine, the concept of him taking over a week to ask his friend if they're in the game was stupid as shit, and it irks me how often his character portrait displays the emotion of "looking at my phone", but he's decently reasonable and emotionally stable I guess lol. Story wise it's honestly not been very interesting besides the obviously signposted mysteries that the game clearly doesn't plan to resolve until near the end game. I don't think this is a missing context issue from this being my only knowledge of the franchise, I think it's just a really boring story.

oh well time to try to stop interacting with optional shit and try to power through the story so I can get to Rebirth hopefully this weekend...

Last edited:

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I just tried out Devil Survivor on my 3DS last night, and WOW - why is this so good? The strategy combat system here seems REALLY better than most modern SMT games. I really like it, and it actually reminds me a lot of Unicorn Overlord. The "Only 1-2 turns" from your Unit, and then back to the "strategy screen" is really similar to what we see in Unicorn.

And unlike Unicorn, which has a boring story that I immediately was bored of after 60 mins, Devil Survivor immediately hooked me in only 60 minutes into the game.

I think this is a winner, and I'll keep playing it over the next couple of weeks.

I'm also playing through

Dragon Quest VII and VIII. Both games are great. I'm much further along in VIII and I actually think I could finish it soonish, whereas I'm only 25 hours into VII and I know I'm not even close to the half-way point. I really do like VII, such a chill and relaxed game. And I want to play DQV next as well as IV and VI.

... I'm almost considering selling my Switch. I have played everything that I want to play on that system and don't really see anything interesting coming out in the future.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
One of the things about Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song is I would say its the first genuinely hard SaGa game.

Usually by the time you have 600 HP, you can steamroll the endgame with decent techs and busted magic but here, I was still running into enemies that are putting up a surprising amount of fight. The Jewel beast is the a thing of nightmares. Sadly no more shadow servant and hasten time (new version sucks unless you have ridiculous agility). ;_;

Finished the game though. I can see why they usually leave the ER hidden, it can create a lot of stress in the back of your mind especially knowing how quests start to slip through your fingers with beep.

The great thing about this whole run through of this series has been knowing aside from SaGa Frontier (which I went way too deep into and got 100%), theres still a ton of new things to see if I ever decided to do this all over again from the first to the last.

"But what about Unlimited SaGa? Weren't you playing th.."

So anyways I finally caught up to Scarlet Grace! Leaves me plenty of time to finish atleast one character scenario before Emerald Beyond gets here next month but I might end up doing all of them, we'll see. Starting with Balmaint since he's the steely eyeed badass with an axe that cuts peoples heads off for a living, easy choice there.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I spent all day grinding xp in Like a Dragon (yakuza 7, not infinite wealth) to try and beat a huge difficulty spike boss -by far the hardest thing in the game so far - and still aint cutting it. Shit is given me more trouble than anything in my recent completions of elden ring or Lies of P for fucks sake

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I spent all day grinding xp in Like a Dragon (yakuza 7, not infinite wealth) to try and beat a huge difficulty spike boss -by far the hardest thing in the game so far - and still aint cutting it. Shit is given me more trouble than anything in my recent completions of elden ring or Lies of P for fucks sake

Debuffs works well. I just keep the aoe bad breath up.

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Picked up Monochrome Mobius on the last sale

So yeah, this is not very good. No idea why they though an Oshtor spin-off was a good idea, he was a cool character in Utawarerumono, but not someone I wanted to play a whole game for.
This being a prequel where all the party members sans one shows up later in the series also doesn't do it any favors.

At least the world is very interesting, as always. I'm a sucker for good world building.

Jetsun Mila

User requested ban
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
Playing FF IV HD Remake, and while I still like it and openly welcome some new additions like an actual map I think I prefer III more.
A good part of it is because of the ATB system, which is for me a serious downgrade to the classic turn-based system. I don't feel as in control as I did on the turn-based system, especially when one of my characters is doing his action after like 30 seconds have passed and the playfield changed already. There were situations where the enemy was switching his "don't attack or it will counter with a heavy attack" thing but I got punished for that as I entered the command some seconds ago already. And in this game, wait mode only triggers if I am in a submenu, not on the main menu.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
A few hours into Scarlet Grace and its easy to see why the battle system is so praised. Its very good even here early on.

Sort of an interesting focus on defeating enemies wedged between your party on the order timeline to activate "unite attacks". Spellcasting is kind of a mixed bag so far though. Any system that basically requires you to channel a spell for a long time before actually doing anything is always at risk of losing me.

Opinions on magic in RPGs can be pretty diverse but I always enjoy it when its more of a pick up and play fast paced system. You elect to shoot the man with the fireball, the man immediately gets shot with the fireball.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I beat Neo TWEWY over the weekend and am just on Rebirth now. Brief takeaway of NTWEWY was it had fantastic combat, a bad story, a mix of good and bad and questionably included characters, great soundtrack, and pacing issues that took what could be an incredible experience to one that just drags on and on for so little payoff. I really liked it but they just did not have the content to carry it for as long as they made it.

BUT! I'm in the thread now because I saw this on the SaGa subreddit. I won't get it any time soon, and basically never play on my ancient laptop but I suspect even that could run this one. But I'll definitely keep an eye on it for the future.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2174900/The_Secret_of_Varonis/

A SaGa/Final Fantasy Legends 1-3 inspired game! Looks pretty cool to me.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just reached the end credits of DQXI S - 54 hours, I assume that's a tad on the long side as I do tend to potter about and like to grind to stay ahead of the curve. Hero was at lvl 54, so one level per hour(!)

I know there's a ton of post-game stuff in this version and I'd like to come back at some point, but I need a break and have a little backlog going after snapping up some X-mas bargains at the end of last year, but it's been a good ride. Maybe after all I would still say 8 is my favourite, but XI is right up there and I remember playing the original release when it came out and giving up on it because it felt so slow and uninspired - I reached Hotto as I recall, I'm really glad I came back and gave it another go. I really like the auto-battle feature, as simple as it is, it's no FF12 gambit system to be sure but it does the job and really helped sustain my interest.

Racketpunch

Oct 26, 2017
20 hours into Sea of Stars and ready to drop. It was good at first but now it's plateaued and no longer has its hooks in me.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Just reached the end credits of DQXI S - 54 hours, I assume that's a tad on the long side as I do tend to potter about and like to grind to stay ahead of the curve. Hero was at lvl 54, so one level per hour(!)

I know there's a ton of post-game stuff in this version and I'd like to come back at some point, but I need a break and have a little backlog going after snapping up some X-mas bargains at the end of last year, but it's been a good ride. Maybe after all I would still say 8 is my favourite, but XI is right up there and I remember playing the original release when it came out and giving up on it because it felt so slow and uninspired - I reached Hotto as I recall, I'm really glad I came back and gave it another go. I really like the auto-battle feature, as simple as it is, it's no FF12 gambit system to be sure but it does the job and really helped sustain my interest.

From the sounds of it you reached the end of Act 2, but what's categorized as post-game by most here is actually the continuation of the game (and not in a "true ending" sense -- it's really just the one ending to the game). It's understandable ofc that you want to put it on the backburner and pick it up later, it's one of the longest DQs. It is worth a revisit at some point IMO, especially if you care about the lore of the early Dragon Quests.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
From the sounds of it you reached the end of Act 2, but what's categorized as post-game by most here is actually the continuation of the game (and not in a "true ending" sense -- it's really just the one ending to the game). It's understandable ofc that you want to put it on the backburner and pick it up later, it's one of the longest DQs. It is worth a revisit at some point IMO, especially if you care about the lore of the early Dragon Quests.
Yeah, looking up what there is to do after the credits I see there's a whole Act 3 to do - I definately intend to come back later this year, I enjoy the end game stuff and did 100% 8 on both PS2 and 3DS (as well as completed all mainline DQs except 6 and 7), but for now I need a breather, it's the only thing I've played really since December!

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Started Pokémon Sun tonight and am enjoying it. Love the setting that's clearly Hawaii-inspired, my Popplio starter and the mons I'm encountering thus far.

No EXP share isn't too bad either IMO.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Unicorn Overlord. I'm swimming in great jrpgs. I finished Like a dragon infinite wealth.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
After more than 200 hours, I am finally done with Tales of Phantasia (PSX)!
There is a few things I didnt really love like how magic is way way to present and how Cless is basically the only close ranged characters you have until you get Suzu way later.
I also really dont like how stun seems really random in the game. Sometimes it feels like it last an hour.
I also wish you werent locked on Cless for 99% of the game. The exeption being Suzu during her trials.
Overall, I still had an amazing time. I love the presentation, the music. I honestly really enjoyed grinding and never had a problem with it in this game. I also love all the extra stuff like the side quests and the bonus items like the mirror. Weakest part, outside of what I mentionned, is probably the bestiary. Its not bad but the monsters, for the most part, are just not really that cool looking or interesting.
In the end, I had an absolute blast and I think its def up there as one of the best remake ever, alongside Metroid Zero Mission and HGSS.

Now, while Im gonna take a break on jrpg to play some megaman x, here's what Im planning to play next :
-Mario RPG (Replay)
-Dragon Quest 7
-Breath Of Fire 4
-Chrono Trigger (Replay)
-Final Fantasy V
-Final Fantasy 6 (Replay)
-Soul Blazer (Replay)
-Illusion Of Gaia (Replay)
-Terranigma (Replay)

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Done with all 67 Events in Legend of Mana, just gotta do a lot of grinding to unlock the rest of the trophies before going for the final boss.

I should do a LTTP of it, it's something all right

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
~35 hours into p3 reloaded on gamepass/xbox
wanna finish eiyuden chronicles rising after that before eiyuden chronicles releases on gamepass in april

also tooling around with FF7 remaster on steam with the Cosmos and Echo-S mods, its wild they modded the OG game to include full voice acting! Really enjoying it as a way to immerse myself in FF7 before I play rebirth later this year.